From: Rose Dawn Area: Thelema To: Skeeve 28 Mar 95 08:26:14 Subject: JUGORUM UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Greets Bro! I remember your mentioning practicing the Jugorum thang using a rubber band instead of a razor. For those of us who have jobs, families, and dealings with the public, sounds much more sensible than walking around with gashes all over one's forearms--LOL! I've been doing some thinking about the whole *concept* of Jugorum recently, though, and wondering about its efficacy in accomplishing the stated goal of control of thought. Specifically, it seems that the basic stuff recommended therein is eminently sound--training oneself to avoid thinking of specific things, saying specific things, doing specific things--but maybe the method is a bit counter-productive. If you 'punish' yourself for breaks, whether the method is slashing the arm with a razor, snapping the wrist with a rubber band, or anything else that causes pain or discomfort, it seems as though what you're *really* training yourself to do is to avoid pain, and that's already a hard-wired trait in most human beings. It seems to me that training oneself through sheer force of Will, without any negative stimuli to be avoided, would bring much more powerful, and *lasting* results. It'd be harder, of course, but it ain't really spozed to be 'easy'! I didn't 'train' my daughter to 'act right' through physical punishment; I didn't train my dog that way either...so, should I train my mind that way? I'm wondering if simply noting breaks, as one would do with many other types of practices, wouldn't be a more effective practice. Possibly writing about the exercise in one's magical journal, and attempting to analyze the reason for the break, or circumstances that may have contributed to it, also seems like a way to go to me. All that said, have you found Jugorum to be valuable to your personal development? Anyone else reading who has practiced with razor, rubber band, or any other method, please feel free to jump on in as well! ;> Thanks for listening to me ramble, & looking forward to your thoughts! :> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: Thelema To: Paul Hume 28 Mar 95 08:31:24 Subject: LESSER HEX RITUAL UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Howdy Paul, I need some tips on the 'Thelemicized standard Lesser Hex ritual.' Since you seem to have heard of just about *everything*, I'm hoping you might have some advice for me! ;> I'm not talking about the Star Sapphire, but the Lesser Hex, replacing 'Virgo, Isis, Holy Mother,' etc., with: "Virgo, Nuit, Holy Mother; Scorpio, Hadit, Holy Father, Ra-Hoor-Khuit, Holy Child. Nuit, Hadit, Ra-Hoor-Khuit, ABRAHADABRA!" That's about all I know about this version. :/ Would one then continue on with the LVX signs, replace them with the NOX Signs, or use some entirely different set of signs with which I'm not familiar? Would ABRAHADABRA replace ARARITA, or would ARARITA still go in there after the Hex's are traced? Would one use the elemental hexagrams, as in the standard Lesser Hex, or a Solar banishing unicursal, or what? Would you trace the hex first, then vibrate ABRAHADABRA and do the Enterer, followed by Silence? Just what the heck *would* one do? ;> Any thoughts? Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718