From: THE HERETIC Area: Thelema To: Tim Maroney 23 Jan 95 19:14:34 Subject: The succession of the aeons... UpdReq Re: Three Ways to Study Thelema does not seem to be a Crowley invention. I found it, very well mapped out, on the liner of an old (1928 or so) book at the library. Unfortunately, I neglected to write down the title of said book, so I've had a Dickens ;) of a time tracking it back down again! If anyone else could point me to a pre-AC rendering of the Aeons, much obliged. "the gods are within us, and the demons as well" tHE hERETIC THE TWILIGHT ZONE BBS [PIN]909-621-766324HRS14.4kbsVBBS6.10 FIDOnetVIRTUALWWIVWWIVlinkICEnetNUITnetALnet 1:218/50319092309916199039916BEASTnetPODS 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kevin Bold Area: Thelema To: Michelle Hass 22 Jan 95 04:40:00 Subject: Radical Religious Right UpdReq 93! While I certainly share many of your concerns, in your own way you sound like some of the very people you fear. Example: MH> one thing it doesn't need is the Christian Coalition bringing in all MH> those "stealth candidates" like they managed to do this mid-term MH> election. I guess that two years of breathing space MH> is all we got before MH> the Night Of The Living Reaganites came back. There was nothing "stealthy" about Republican congressional candidates this time; thanks to the "Contract with America", everyone who took the time to get a copy and read it knew _exactly_ what they would try to do if elected -- bring ten popular ideas which the Dems have been killing in committee for years to the House floor and vote on them. And when was the last time a candidate told the electorate, "And if I don't, throw me out of office"? Additionally, Bush was no "Reaganite", and for the most part, Reagan was a much better president than Clinton. MH> I am concerned about my freedom of religion, because many of these MH> newbies and some of the old farts that are still in their seats do MH> not recognise freedom of religion for any religion MH> other than Fundamentalist MH> Protestant Christianity. I am concerned about MH> censorship, I am concerned MH> about the gutting of Public Television, I am MH> concerned about the certain MH> doom of health care reform. I am concerned my right MH> to a safe and legal MH> abortion if my birth control method fails me. No one is going to take away your freedom of religion unless YOU let them. I am concerned about censoring _any_ ideas, including the Dems' attempts on Gingrich's books. I would _love_ to get the government out of arts and the news. If Hillary's plan had passed, I would have bled to death while waiting for attention in the emergency room, while Hillary's investment portfolio would have increased its value. On abortion, we do agree, but I do not use that or any other issue as a "litmus test". MH> And most importantly, I fear that the immigrant-bashing cancer which MH> first infected working-class Britain, then revived MH> the sleeping ghost of MH> the Sturmabteilung in Germany, has surfaced in a very ugly way in MH> America, the first born of Horus, the first society MH> built on respect for MH> the individual rather than the control of the masses by the Strongest MH> Man. In California, a whole bunch of misinformed and very angry white MH> males voted Proposition 187 into law, a mean-spirited law which MH> endangers the public health and does absolutely nothing to curb MH> immigration. And a trial baloon recently went up MH> amongst the newbies in MH> Congress to enact a federal version of 187 which MH> would even go so far as MH> to deny federal benefits to naturalized citizens of this country. This MH> would mean that my mother-in-law, who escaped the Nazis by the skin of MH> her teeth to live in the relative safety of America, would not get her MH> Medicare and Social Security benefits that she paid into when she hits MH> 65. If I have to prove that I'm in this country legally before I can get a job or use government "services", so should everyone else. I have no problem with _legal_ immigrants; Prop. 187 was directed at _illegal_ immigrants. Why should citizens foot the bill for welfare benefits for people whose presence here makes them criminals? Why shouldn't the illegal aliens in our prisons be deported? And what's so "racist" or "mean-spirited" about such views? (If you don't like the current immigration laws, your beef is with their architect, Ted Kennedy.) BTW, Prop. 187 had a lot of support among black and Hispanic voters, so please refrain from racist-sexist complaints about "angry white males". 93--93/93... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: DOLPHIN Area: Thelema To: ALL 23 Jan 95 18:04:00 Subject: Hello again! UpdReq Hello to you all again...! As you may or may not remeber (in fact, I'm not even sure whether I posted originally in this echo or in the Thelemic GD echo), a few months ago I appeared around here and started asking questions... since then, I've progressed a bit... among other things, I've picked up a copy and started working with _Modern Magick_, and have been having more 'sucsess' with the rituals in it than with anything else I've attempted. Also... I've been reading _Magick in Theory and Practice_... And now... my questions have progressed nicely from a very general sort of a sort of general specific. First, could anyone give me any tips on vibration of words? It's been one of the things that's been giving me some problems so far... Second... is there some sort of Cliffs Notes for _MiT&P_??? If not... could anybody sorta give me some specific things to look for/be aware of when reading it? So far, I've gotten to the formula of Tetragrammaton... (and then decided to start over again from the beginnning. ) Thanks in advance... Dolph ...so long, and thanks for all the fish! ... Jump in the Fire! --Metallica 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718