From: Fir Area: Thelema To: Joseph Max 8 Jan 95 00:34:12 Subject: RE: CARROLL & INITIATION UpdReq Hi Joseph, Your msg unfortunately never made it to the 2 BBS's I regularly frequent. Fi> The IOT will be sponsoring a workshop locally on chaos magic Fi> by Phil Hine. I'm unfamiliar with him. Think he's worth Fi> shelling out a few bucks for? JM> Ehh, maybe. Expect a lot of theory lecture and not much JM> practical technique. Don't pay more than 20 bucks or so. $13 for 4 hours. Contrast that to $50 for 2 hours with Pat Zalewski. JM> of observance. The general form of the observances are divided into three JM> "levels" of difficulty: the Lesser, Greater, and Extreme. JM> The basic Lesser observences are: JM> - Carry the magical staff at all times. JM> - Perform a banishing upon awakening and retiring. JM> - Keep a full magical journal. JM> - Perform a full magical ritual every day. JM> - Dedicate all sexual energy to magic. JM> - Any other particular function the magician deems useful, such as an hour JM> of meditation per day, study of a particular written work, etc. JM> The Greater and Extreme observences involve more ritual JM> work every day, and JM> sigil visualization either once every waking hour, or in the Extreme, once JM> every HOUR, breaking sleep to do so every night. Pretty intense! JM> The Jyhad is a working of the Sword, and the magician assumes a warrior's JM> persona - carries a dagger at all times, sleeps on a hard surface, eats a JM> strict, high energy diet, and practices throwing JM> Chaobolts (a form of Chaos JM> Magic "hex casting" - ask me later...) Oh, yeah, and JM> strict celebacy - I did JM> a two month Jyhad last year. Ya know, nothing gets you more offers of sex JM> than announcing that you're under a vow of celebacy... I can imagine. JM> However long you stick to the observances, you end it JM> by carving the number JM> of days and the level (1,2 or 3) that you followed onto JM> the consecrated tool JM> you carried. If you fail, you destroy the tool. You are JM> your own judge, and JM> of course the power of the tool you consecrate in this way is dependent on JM> how well _you_ believe in your heart that you were true to your oath. What an incredibly powerful way to consecrate a tool. I notice you use the term tool rather than weapon BTW. Coming from a Wiccan background, the term weapon does not come easy to me. JM> The one I designed is called The Oracle of Chaos, and JM> it is a working of the JM> Cup which centers on the divinatory arts. The Cup, being the Pool of JM> Intuition itself, corrosponds to an oracular tool, such as a scrying JM> crystal, a set of runes, or even Tarot cards. As I JM> devised it, you create a JM> special "container" for your oracular tool, such as a JM> leather carrying case JM> or handmade pouch. The final numbers of you attainment JM> will be set into this JM> case if you are successful. As an Oracle, you must: JM> - carry your oracular tool with you at all times, _especially_ you must JM> sleep with it. Sleeping with anything is advocated as a way to get to know something better, wouldn't you say? JM> - perform a banishing upon awakening and retiring. JM> - keep a written record of all dreams. JM> - perform a divination with your tool at least once a day, and keep a JM> careful record of all predictions. JM> - _also_ perform a divination immediately after any sex act. Now that's an idea! I'm out of room so I'll continue next post. I normally wouldn't quote so much back atcha but if I never saw the orignal on at least 2 boards, I'm betting others didn't either. B.B. Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fir Area: Thelema To: Joseph Max 8 Jan 95 00:54:48 Subject: RE: CARROLL & INITIATION UpdReq JM> The Greater observance calls for at least two divinations per day, and one JM> of them must be for some other person; you can accept JM> no payment of any kind JM> for this. JM> The Extreme observence calls for deliberately waking youself in the middle JM> of your dream-cycle every night and recording what JM> dream images you remember. JM> (I used a LOUD alarm clock and a voice-activated micro- JM> casstte recorder...) Voice activated even. You slept alone while you were doing this I assume . JM> The amazing thing about these observances is that though they seem JM> deceptively simple, they result in profound effects if followed for even a JM> few weeks. The "purification" procedures in the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin JM> also seem rather simple on the surface, but by all accounts they are JM> intensely initiatory when followed strictly. K&C of HGA is of a very strong interest to me at the moment. A friend recommended doing Lesser Israfel (wonder what Greater Israfel would be, if there is one) every day for a month and that by putting a lot into this daily exercise and keeping a journal, that there would be many keys/symbols/etc. relevant to K&C of HGA. You spoke to the Chaos self initiatory rituals associated with the Wand, the Sword, and the Cup. How about the Eucharist of Chaos, associated with the Disk. Is there anything you can say about that? JM> ... Where are those flashbacks they promised me? I didn't get any either. Blessed Be, Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: Thelema To: Fir 7 Jan 95 13:03:32 Subject: Re: POSTAGE UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. >> And don't forget to put the stamp on the envelope upside-down! ;> > > If they don't come out with something besides an American flag > on a 32 cents stamp, I'll do just that! LOL! Yeah, there aren't any instructions in the Mucky-Muck Manual about what to do if all you got is a .29 stamp and three one-centers. ;> If it had gone up to .33 cents, we'd have enough to be able to form pentagrams on the envelope...owell... . ;> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fir Area: Thelema To: Josh Norton 7 Jan 95 21:02:24 Subject: ART Rec'd UpdReq Hi Josh, Reading about Atu XIV in _The Book of Thoth_ tonight, I come across the statement: 'The fertility of the Earth is maintained by rain and sun; the rain is formed by a slow and gentle process, and is rendered effective by the co-operation of air, which is itself alchemically the result of the Marriage of Fire and Water." Could you, or someone else, explain how/why Fire and Water make Air? Thanks, Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Serpens Area: Thelema To: Fir 7 Jan 95 21:46:26 Subject: Re: ART UpdReq Fir - 93. Fire and Water combine to make steam - viewed as Air. Both the Fire and Water (apparently) disappear in the process. It helps to forget much of what we know about chemistry, oxidation processes, etc. when reading alchemical symbolism. I forget who it was (one of the netfolks) who remarked "When I read Basil Valentine, I forget what I read in Boltzmann, and vice-versa." (Valentine: major alchemical writer of the Renaissance. Ludwig Boltzmann: major figure in modern chemistry.) Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Martin Krogh-Poulsen Area: Thelema To: everybody 3 Jan 95 13:57:00 Subject: O.T.O. after Germer/Prior to McMurtry UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Hi there everybody, this is Bjarne Salling Pedersen, (hooked up by that notorious freak Martin Krogh-Poulsen !?) I have a very special enquirery of utmost importance as to the hiatus in the history between Germer's departure to beyond, and McMurtry's appearance on the scene. This is sent out to all who may have known Marcello Ramos Motta, or been in contact with members of his group. Allegedly there is a "magical maniac" running around in Copenhagen, who once claimed that he had been in contact with Motta's group. He was at that time in possession of various charters from the Old Danish (Reuss-Era) OTO. Has anyone ever heard of any contact between Motta and members of a Danish (quasi) OTO ??? The letters would have come from either Frater A.A.E.S. (Ante Adam Ego Sum), Pelle Bull or Per Jrgensen. If anyone knows anything, this information could be of utmost importance in solving a dispute or a "black spot" in history. Thank you for your trouble! Love is the law, love under will. Bjarne Salling Pedersen 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Martin Krogh-Poulsen Area: Thelema To: Frater H.A.C.A. 3 Jan 95 14:08:00 Subject: A.'.A.'. ?!?!? Rec'd UpdReq well, hi Frater H.A.C.A.! Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. FHACA> The new weiser edition of magick lists a contact address for FHACA> the A.'.A.'. FHACA> Does anyone know what this is about? Is this "the" A.'.A.'. or a new FHACA> order started by the OTO? Any help would be greatly appreciated Care Frater, do not search for the A.^.A.^. In time they'll find you if your serious enough. As I have been told myself, the Order would not like to see public advertisements. Serious candidates are not sought for, they simply come by themselves. The address may however be correct for a subtle reason I shall avoid to give you. If Weiser has the correct address? Well - James Wasserman was once a Probationer of Motta's but was thrown out for betraying his confidence (the true ordeal of a Probationer - read Confessions). It may be objected that this happened in Motta's "bad period". Two or three known "succession lines" are known. One through Crowley to Germer to Motta. One from Crowley to Jane Wolfe to Phyllis Seckler. One possibly from Crowley to Grant (though it appears he never reached beyond Probationer). There are numerous others which seems to have collapsed during the years. A search for Otto Gebhardi and Martha Kenzel (both Magister Templi), Arnoldo and Parcifal Krumm-Heller etc. etc. is almost impossible. Content yourself by knowning: serious work will bring you a lot further than mere litterary study. Neither the O.T.O. or the A.^.A.^. is a Samuel Weiser "fanclub", despite Weiser is doing good work in general. Good luck in your search. Let the dogs bark at the moon (if they be such). They'll never transcend the illusion anyway. Love is the law, love under will. Fraternally Yours Fr. G.C.L.O. Probationer 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718