From: Fir Area: Thelema To: Rose Dawn 3 Dec 94 12:52:20 Subject: DIS & DAT UpdReq 93 Rose, RD> Aren't there always? ;> What's 3rd Degree associated with--kinda > the 'Goddess and God conjoined'? Hmm...should I ask these questions > on the _Witchcraft_ echo? Sounds like a good idea to me. I did see something by Julia on one of the OPEN echos about 3rd being for working couples in some trads. RD> If you hear anything further, put the word out! I'll say something if I hear anything further about the Women in GD book being available. RD> Whew, that was fast! So, what do you think so far? The King book on Tantra is not at the top of my huge reading list at the moment. A quick glance thru it makes me think I'll have some stuff to discuss with you when I get to it. BTW, in looking thru _The Book of the Law for Laymen_ by Rev. Yaj Nololos, S.P. he suggests that thick leavings of red wine is almost-frozen red wine. Thought you might get a tickle out of that. 93 93/93, Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: Thelema To: Bruce Kroeze 3 Dec 94 09:28:30 Subject: Re: GREAT GOD AC? UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > > Well put. I also see people complaining about this, but never actually > meet the thelema-fundies people are so concerned about. Conspiracy theory? It's the same two people...they travel from place to place, and pounce on the unwary hollering "AC said it, I believe it, that settles it!!" at the top of their lungs, then fade back into the woodwork before anyone else has a chance to notice them. ;> > *** Stupid Theory Alert *** > > Just like people who think "All people are inherently evil", people who > worry about Thelemic-one-way-ism are saying more about >their< > current or past beliefs than others'. > > *** End Stupid Theory Alert *** Doesn't sound stupid to me at all. Unfortunately. :/ Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: Thelema To: The Cegorach 3 Dec 94 09:22:02 Subject: Re: HIYA! UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Hell, I hate books that *ooze*, period. :) (What? It's a book > about Kali...you don't want that "awe-struck", "worshipful" tone? ;> ) Awe-struck is fine. The book in question reminded me more of a 12-year-old who's just met Eddie Vedder tho. :/ ;> > Re: Mokerjee. Will try to remember him next time I'm at Dancing Moon > (the local Pagan book store). If I ever get free time again. Bleh. His Kali book was called _Kali: The Feminine Force_. I enjoyed it. _Tantra Art_ and _Tantra Asana_ are good ones too. Hmm...I wonder if Woodruffe/Avalon is obtainable at Dancing Moon? Probably not... . > eh? Sapphire is a hex rit...I don't grok. If you've problems seeing a > hex rit as banishing, why leave the 2nd *pentagram* ritual out? > Exhausted minds want to know...and want it broken down into little, > easily digestable pieces, thankyouverymuch. ;> Just a personal quirk--same reason I don't see the need to include Invoking GRH in line after LBRP/LRH, I spoze. The Hex rituals 'complete' the Pent rits by jumping from micro to macro--like banish the 'world', invoke the 'universe.' I see the SS as a 'working' in intself, rather than 'prep,' and don't include it after the SR in daily basic schtuff anyway. Fact, I don't 'practice' it at all anymore, because I'm trying to understand it, and give it its due. I have pages and pages of notes written on it--LOL! And I'm not much closer to really 'understanding' it than I was at the git...probably won't be till I start practicing it. but there's a few more details to work out before I feel ready to jump on in. > Yeah. Not "everyone, please rise, your attention please" (LBRP), but > more like, oh, Sam Kinison--"Everybody, out! Out, out, out! > Aaaaaaaagh!" Ye gods and little fishes, I *am* tired. :) LOL. > Making sure I understand correctly--the four paraphrased verses from > AL/the Stele--"Unity uttermost showed...", etc., are done whilst doing > the surya asana, rather than the LVX signs? How does one integrate > them thusly? (I.e., wondering 'bout the timing/stage directions.) I think if you tried it, you'd find it 'flowing' pretty naturally. 12 asanas, 4 verses; 6 lines per verse/3 asanas per verse. I'll post 'stage directions' n the Tantra echo, if you're interested, tho I suspect if you actively try to make it all line up nice'n'neat, it won't work, but if you just give it a go, it will...we'll see. ;> > Reminds me of my best friend in high school...whenever we were > travelling together, driving out in the middle of nowhere that > constitutes rural North Carolina, he be rather pensive and moody. As > soon as we saw a McDonald's sign, though, he'd holler, "Civilization!" > and immediately brighten up. ;> LOL. The Thelemic version is: "They celebrate Mass here! Yee-hah, civilization!" ? ttyl! Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: Thelema To: Fir 3 Dec 94 08:59:00 Subject: Re: SOLAR ENLIGHTENMENT UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Hi Fir, > First degree is supposed to be associated with the Goddess and > 2nd degree with the God. Supposed to be lots of 'ordeals' associated > with 2nd. Aren't there always? ;> What's 3rd Degree associated with--kinda the 'Goddess and God conjoined'? Hmm...should I ask these questions on the _Witchcraft_ echo? > LOL. Like one who is conscientious (true to one self) has a choice. You want to hear something weird? Whenever I get to the point where I'm sick & damn tired of reading, studying, practicing, learning and alla dat, something really ace happens that renews my enthusiasm and makes the studying and practicing fresh and interesting again. Man, I love coincidences! :> >> Hear anything further about the women of the GD book? > > Only what I posted you about the author but not in the stores yet. If you hear anything further, put the word out! > Picked up the King Tantra book tonight BTW. Will take a look at > the chapter you mentioned. > Whew, that was fast! So, what do you think so far? Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Tony Iannotti Area: Thelema To: Christeos Pir 5 Dec 94 18:43:18 Subject: OCR UpdReq CP> That's what I get for buying the $60 model instead of the $180 job. Actually, the good ones are more like 600-800. The best I've seen is Caere with the co-processor board (Microway MPUs ), but that was over a grand. CP> Please let me know when you file/attatch the WINHELP version of Al and CP> the EGC Echo stuff, so I'll remember to pick them up from Az0th. CP> Alternatively, I can just call and get them if I know the names. You gots, the help file is: M:\WINDOWS\LIBER_AL.HLP 1329852 6-02-94 11:01p And I have still not collected the egc messages. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718