From: Josh Norton Area: Thelema To: Christeos Pir 17 Sep 94 13:07:00 Subject: "diary of a net fiend" UpdReq Thus said Christeos Pir to Josh Norton concerning "diary of a net fiend": CP> I'd offer to photocopy Tim's article, but I'm busier'n Aleister at a CP> sorority house. Anyway, that'd still be covered by copyright, I CP> s'pose. Ah, well. Don't put yourself out. My curiousity isn't overwhelming at this point. CP> Let me know if you want to see mine anyway, and I'll convert it (I CP> was still using DrawPerfect at the time) or re-key it. Sure, if it's not too much trouble. I can convert WordPerfect files easily enough -- or are you _really_ composing your articles in a graphics program? ... Guess she don't like the cornbread either. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Zeekram Area: Thelema To: Adamah 17 Sep 94 12:12:00 Subject: Question UpdReq *** Quoting Adamah to All dated 09-14-94 *** > I have a very serious question..... Doesd anyone know of a spell etc. to > help me out here? The p[roblem I have is my ex is planning on taking my > kids back with her, and yes, she has "legal" custody but they (The kids > don't want to go back by their own admission.) I want to call all on > every resource > possible..... > > Thanks, > A. > I know of many spells to help you...For I am a wizard! (Hey, I may only be 13, but I am still a damn good wizard!) Well, you have many choises, like voodoo, witch craft, mage craft, ect... I suggest runes....Learn how to read them....then Write a message in runes to your ex, write what ever you want to happen to here....then, send it to here...then on the next night of a full moon, read the message aloud (in a chant) and it..... At that point, the paperyou gave you ex becomes vertually in-destructable!!There is onlyone way she can de-lude ]the spell...But I will not get into that atthe moment...ok? Also I would like to advertise a new message base here on this bbs, Fantasy RPG...try it out...#12..... Tell me if you want to know more about any thing.... Zeekram 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: To Meta Thereon Area: Thelema To: Frater H.A.C.A. 18 Sep 94 22:41:26 Subject: Thelemic current Rec'd UpdReq * Original Area: THELEMIC_GD * Original To : All (93:9030/0) Since changing from the LBRP to the Star Ruby, I have noticed the strong Thelemic current in this area. Sometimes it overwhelms me, but I must ask a question. Does anyone else get violent tendencies after doing the Star Ruby, or is there another cause. I also would like info on the proper way to practice the Star Saphire(? kaballah 36 in Book of Lies). I would like to be able to perform these rituals to the utmost success, but I seem to be confused about parts of the SS. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fyrstar Area: Thelema To: Tzaddi 16 Sep 94 09:16:02 Subject: Liber al prophecy UpdReq 93 Tzaddi Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. ...just another little tidbit I thought you might like to see. NE> Comment: Very nice and lucid though it disregards most of the world. NE> It is the warrior Lord of an earlier age (and WWII did involve most of NE> the world) before which a later time cowers. "Of the Forties" but not NE> "Of" the eighties. The eighties react to the warrior Lord's legendary NE> glory. The US could be said to have expended its reputation in cowing NE> the eighties. This does begin to sound like Reagan, but I dont think NE> it could be applied as an overall worldwide spirit of the eighties - NE> but then the 80's, for me, were characterized by an exact lack of any NE> unifying spirit. "Abasement" was where I lived through most of 'em. NE> Ned. Love is the law, love under will. In L.V.X Fyrstar * SLMR 2.1a * Find thyself in every Star. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: JOSEPH MAX Area: Thelema To: MICHAEL AQUINO 16 Sep 94 09:40:00 Subject: Re: _THE BOOK OF COMING F UpdReq -=> Quoting Michael Aquino to All <=- MA> I was a bit amused by the speculations here concerning that _AL_ MA> #II-76 "decoding" in the _Book of Coming Forth by Night_. To many, MA> including myself, it seems simplistic, even crude. That I cannot help. Greetings, Dr. Aquino; Thank you for commenting on this issue. I salute your forthrightness and courage to step "into the ring" while a debate on the quality and content of one of the central epistles of your Temple is being savagely deconstructed in a public forum. Not being an "official" Thelemite myself (though a believer in the Thelemic "current") your documents "decoding" of the passage in Liber AL did not strike the same nerve in me that it appears to have done in many other contributors to this echo. What comments I made were of the nature of a comparative "critique" of the Book against other similar occult writings of recent history, ie. Grant, Parsons, Spare and most notably Liber AL itself, as it was referred to in TBOCFBN. MA> The working was a single, continuous experience, and that is "how it MA> came out", so to speak. I have something of a background in code & MA> cypher construction & analysis from DIA & NSA, and I expect that if I MA> had had a mind to concoct a "fancy decoding" for #II-76, I could MA> easily have done so. But quite frankly I was not thinking of _AL_ when MA> I commenced that working, nor of #II-76. So "what I got is what you MA> see". Anyone is welcome to come up with more elegant interpretations MA> at any time, and I expect quite a few people have over the years. I MA> will credit this one, for the simple reason that I felt then, and feel MA> now, the _Book of Coming Forth by Night_ to be profoundly authentic. You've given the only possible "real" answer to this controversy. There is no "proper form" for a revelation to take, and it cannot be meaningfully judged on the quality or style of its content. Yours is a primarily a political manifesto, but it was a "political" problem you were faced with, after all. Perhaps the form was dictated by the need... MA> Judging the Temple of Set of 1975-1994 by the _Book of Coming Forth by MA> Night_ is a little like judging the USA of 1776-1994 by the MA> Declaration of Independence. It "lit the fire", and from there on we MA> were on our own, and will have to merit praise, or deserve blame, MA> accordingly. Though the tendency toward discretion on the part of yourself and ToS in disseminating your philosophy is understandable, have you considered making your other writings more available to the general, non-ToS public? It is unfair to judge on the basis of this single purloined document, and perhaps you underestimate the ability of non-initiates of your temple to evaluate the Setian philosophy were they given adequate background from which to form a studied opinion. Certainly Crowley has taken his share of critque and controversy over the years, but it never stopped him from publishing his works for as wide an audience as was interested in reading them. - J:.M:.555 ... The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it ... ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718