From: Barak Area: Thelema To: Josh Norton 25 Aug 93 13:11:52 Subject: multiple truths UpdReq Hello, Josh. This is the first time in quite awhile that I've had a chance to poke my nose in, so I thought I'd drop by and say "hullo." JN> Incidentally, for all those who got heated up over my comments, JN> especially Frater Almost: I have read the entire OTO bylaws since JN> posting those rants, and see nothing in them that JN> would change my basic JN> position: I.e., that there is an inherent JN> contradiction between "Do what JN> thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" and the JN> structure of the OTO. I JN> think the bylaws confirm my opinion perfectly. If the new, post- JN> judicial-recognition OTO hasn't yet suffered JN> seriously from it, it will; JN> it just takes a little time for ossification to set in. I agree whole-heartedly. And well said, I might ad. later, - Barak 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Barak Area: Thelema To: Richard Kaczynski 25 Aug 93 13:14:54 Subject: THE G.D. UpdReq RK> Yeats DID hate Crowley, but I doubt the reason RK> was professional jealousy. After all, they were RK> on opposite sides of a bitter political/magical RK> war [not to mention they may have been competing RK> for the attentions of the same woman]. See also RK> the posting by Serpens. Not to mention that Crowley was notoriously obnoxious and tended to rub people like Yeats the worng way. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Neuro Sonic Area: Thelema To: Josh Norton 27 Aug 93 01:48:02 Subject: multiple truths UpdReq 93-23 Haven't seen ya in a while Josh, good to see you still keep 'em thinkin' 'round 'ere. From what I've seen in the O.T.O. round the country etc.. This is an organization... Masonic in order, like the rest, that happens to wish to practice Thelemic (in strict Crowlean form) rituals as a basis for it's existence, and the continuance of growth in a non-Patriaricle aeon. Assuming you do have access to The Secret Rituals Of .... I'm sure you can find that no one is forced to continue on such a frame-work for life. Crowley broke the mold.... whether realized or not by the individuals involved in his supposedly ancient society, of what was to be expected of Mages, in thier training and use, decades before Carrol stated the obvious, and yet he still put his major emphasis on Spiritual Development as compared to simple sorceries. Whether you follow the New Aeonic formulae of strict Crowlean doctrine (something I personally believe The "beast" himself would frown on) or find a true will of your own is up to every individual that gets involved with life, much less the O.T.O.) From reading your works, I think most can say that you have little need for introduction, and can spit out the Coded interpretations yourself, even spinning your own chains or currents as you come upon them. But nevertheless from what I've seen you are definately Thelemic, even much moreso than some of the Crowleyites I've met in my involvements throughout the American Magickal Realm, and I'm sure you'd be welcomed as such by any other True Thelemite elsewhere, just as our dear Sysop here at Silver Citadel. As you know the O.T.O. isn't a magickal Order persay but a Chakra oriented intiatic Masonic institute, looking to spread the word of "Do What Thou Wilt", And until recently that has included a policy of non-conversion. But what individuals who may or may not have actually recieved some "enlightenment" start looking for like minds to hang out and be brotherly with Sharing their "secret" knowledge and trading notes w/o the ability of jumping into Cyberspace, and perhaps even drawing that magick circle (many times with people they hardly know [bad move...manytimes]) they may resort to such a community to ease the true networking of life. Perhaps the O.T.O. may even call to them, showing up after the signs pop up that their lives are about to change drastically. After having dealt with the Order itself I can honestly say they have the best of intentions. But their are assholes everwhere... So Do what thou Wilt.... Thelemic or not, it seems you're doing just that.... Brother. 93/93 2 3 NS 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718