From: Vitriol Area: Thelema To: Ian Kesser 5 Sep 92 09:05:10 Subject: Great work UpdReq -=> Ian Kesser sent a message to Josh Norton on 08-31-92 06:06 <=- -=> Re: Great work <=- JN> How does our work as individuals fit into these larger aspects of JN> the Great Work? IK> IK> They do. If we knew a portion of The Great Work, Our Great Work would IK> seem more comprehensible (I find it likely, at any rate), and perhaps IK> we could answer this question. I cannot say how, and will not even IK> play with because. Hmmm... according to the Holographic Model of existence: As Above, So Below. ;-) ... And with Labours of Ignorance fill every place. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: L'Amour Dujour Area: Thelema To: Josh Norton 6 Sep 92 13:16:02 Subject: Right & wrong 1/ UpdReq ..Gods created the form of Josh Norton ..To Michael Lee they cry out "Right & wrong 1/" .. JN> "You know the difference between right and wrong," he repeated JN> finally. "Man, why did you need Initiation -- by the Golden Dawn, or by .. .. .. JN> _You_know_the_ _difference_between_right_and_wrong_. I am overawed. I JN> swoon. I figuratively kiss your feet." .. Well, Josh, you get what you ask, no? I do believe you had been posting messages begging for someone to argue with. That is in Masks? Rats. One more thing to add to my list of books to get. JN> First, I don't know where the hell you got the idea that I was talking JN> about "imposed" moralities. My exact words as you quoted them were But Josh, You A-L-W-A-Y-S want people to do things without questioning the logic behind them, just because someone else decided that these were the RIGHT things to do! .... JN> A more extreme case: All through grade school, I had the misfortune to JN> sit in front of a person who was totally incapable of recognizing ANY JN> idea of right and wrong. His entire means of evaluation was whether JN> the action was to his immediate personal advantage. He was a genius in Misfortune? He may not ever do anything of real use in his life, but it sounds like it may have been interesting, at the least. Then again, I've had that particular idea thrown at me before. I tend to evaluate the reasons behind rules/restrictions.. and if I can't find a good reason to obey them, I completely ignore their existance. --Which works fine as a teenager. Now-a-days I'm busy trying to get these silly laws off the books. ... Josh Norton: Heaven is out of space, please take a number. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: L'Amour Dujour Area: Thelema To: Josh Norton 6 Sep 92 13:22:04 Subject: Right & wrong 2/ UpdReq ..Gods created the form of Josh Norton ..To Michael Lee they cry out "Right & wrong" .. JN> "You know the difference between right and wrong," he repeated JN> finally. "Man, why did you need Initiation -- by the Golden Dawn, or by .. .. .. JN> _You_know_the_ _difference_between_right_and_wrong_. I am overawed. I JN> swoon. I figuratively kiss your feet." .. Well, Josh, you get what you ask, no? I do believe you had been posting messages begging for someone to argue with. That quote is from Masks? Rats. One more thing to move higher on my ever-growing list of books to get. JN> First, I don't know where the hell you got the idea that I was talking JN> about "imposed" moralities. My exact words as you quoted them were But Josh, You A-L-W-A-Y-S want people to do things without questioning the logic behind them, just because someone else decided that these were the RIGHT things to do! .... JN> A more extreme case: All through grade school, I had the misfortune to JN> sit in front of a person who was totally incapable of recognizing ANY JN> idea of right and wrong. His entire means of evaluation was whether JN> the action was to his immediate personal advantage. He was a genius in Misfortune? He may not ever do anything of real use in his life, but it sounds like it may have been interesting, from a spectator standpoint. Then again, I've had that particular idea thrown at me before. I tend to evaluate the reasons behind rules/restrictions.. and if I can't find a good reason to obey them, I completely ignore their existance. --Which works fine as a teenager. Now-a-days I'm busy trying to get these silly laws off the books. JN> Again, you ought to check out some commonly-available sources. In this JN> case, try "In Search of Schroedinger's Cat" by John Gribben, which JN> covers (among other things) the fact that quantum mechanics JN> demonstrates that exact prediction is not possible beyond certain JN> well-defined limits, and that many events taking place beyond those JN> limits can have significant effects here in the mundane world. Ah, yes, a great book. Wow, Josh, you're losing credibility. You're beginning to name books that I've read! JN> * SLMR 2.1a * I think we're all bozos on this bus. Are we not? Say nay, oh my seeker, the Fire of the Unlit Eternal Sky. ... Josh Norton: Heaven is out of space, please take a number. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: L'Amour Dujour Area: Thelema To: Vitriol 6 Sep 92 13:29:06 Subject: Re: work, will...wha? UpdReq ..Gods created the form of Vitriol ..To L'amour Dujour they cry out "Re: work, will...wha?" Vi> Well, it's _not_ on magick, and it _is_ philosophy, but not boring Vi> and dusty, but living and very readable. You could finish it in a day Vi> or two. But QVIF. What's the name again? Things are sliding around, and I just might read it. LD> have basically thrown down the gauntlet at my Selves. LD> One way or another, it's time for a cohesive answer. Vi> Hope it works for you. Last time I tried that, the reply was: "We'll Vi> still be here when you're done with your attitude." Uh-huh. Well, it seems like it is partly for me to get rid of attitude, and partly because I actually needed to. As in: I HAD TO quit for a while, to straighten out some things that were getting bent the wrong way. I don't think I'll be out that long, but I do need to get some things fixed. I've already been thrown into doing rituals a couple of times, so... Vi> BTW, it's too bad you're not rich. I've got this TASCAM 22-4 4-track Vi> R-to-R in my basement... Tease! Reel to Reel 4 track? In this case I'll probably have to pass. I've got a Tascam Porta-One 4-Track, and I'll looking at something like the Boss 16S (8 Tracks Stereo). When and ever if I get the cash. Gods, I'm hurting in money situation. ... Thank You for calling Heaven. All lines are now busy. At the beep .. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Liliani Area: Thelema To: Jonathon Blake 6 Sep 92 12:31:38 Subject: Love under Will UpdReq JB> new age seamless garment garbage. JB> something not for people to utilize/practice/follow. JB> i think i got sick of new age philosophy the first time JB> somebody tried to inflict ramtha on me as the one true JB> way. JB> 93 JB> jonathon I have never been much of a follower. I figure I am the only person who knows what is best for me. And any body who has good sense would know that is best for them, better than anybody that they could follow. I had a run in with a woman who was in High school with me. She is married to a yuppie type now, and "does volunteer work with aids babies and is a vegitarian" which is all very well and good. But when I told her that there were too many babies in the world she looked at me like I had grown another head. Oh, well. I guess I will just go on being odd. I could be odder. My 74 year old mother goes up to total strangers and tells them they should have their children spayed or neutered.... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718