From: L'Amour Dujour Area: Thelema To: Vitriol 31 Aug 92 19:45:00 Subject: Love under/above Will UpdReq ..Gods assumed the form of Vitriol ..To L'amour Dujour they scribed "Re: love under will" LD> Fine, I'll bite. Vi> But not _too_ hard, I hope! Come now! I am a sadist, Vitriol. If you don't do it "to excess", you don't do it at all! LD> I would define Love as the bringing together into one essence two Vi> I see no difference between this and forging the `magickal link', do Vi> you? I tend to see the Magickal Link as the physical sign of that connection. The stronger the link, the close the connection, until they are but one. LD> This would make Love under Will be the uniting of the separate LD> realities, of separate understandings, of separate physical forms Vi> Hmm... I see this as a subset of Josh's view of Love under Will. Does it sound that way? Hm. I certainly don't disagree with Josh, although I do choose to word it differently. Don't know if it's a difference in thought, or just in emphasis... ANYWAY.. Vi> Thus, viewing it from Malkuth, you are be Working on `uniting by your Vi> art', striving towards Kether, but from the POV of Kether (? well, Vi> somewhere `up there') you're Working on manifesting the Highest's Vi> Will in Malkuth. As your POV rises, your perceptions change as they Bingo. I'm not only working to bring my understanding to a higher level, but to manifest that understanding into action below the Abyss. I have no desire to attain the highest levels of understanding if that understanding cannot manifest below. Not to say that I'm looking to throw magickal fire-balls around, but that I could attain an understanding that would affect my ability to work smoothly in this Earth. That I could come closer to a full understanding of my own self, and use that knowledge to sweep the floors of desire... Vi> But the other half of Coagula is still Solve. It may be someone Vi> else's Will to do otherwise than to unite, at least in the way that Vi> you would. And while their Work might be very different than yours, Vi> maybe even opposed to it, it would still be `doing God's work', or Vi> put another way, it would still fall under "Love under will". Wha-Huh? Did you get the license plate of that bit of Thelema? I understand the idea that someone else may be working on something COMPLETELY different, and it could fall under that. I am working on bringing myself to higher.closer.fuller understanding of the forces around/within me. Someone might be doing the same thing a different way, or a different thing a different/same way. There is no collision, there is no reason for me to be bothered by/about it. As to whether it is "Love Under Will", well, all forms of understanding.knowing.seeing.sensing are what I described as "Love", so to me it is a nul issue. It has been, and always will be Love. Hey - I like that! "Always Will be Love". Vi> Put is this way: In the sentence "Do what thou wilt shall be the Vi> whole of the Law," one must first determine who "thou" is! Well, it may just be a sign of my ignorance, but until further notice, "Thou" is myself. But since I seem to be consistently drawn and affected by the something with a clearer vision within me, a 'self' I would call my True Self, I dedicate that idea to him/her/it. If I ever come to the conclusion that I have a separate and distinct HGA, that may change as well. At this point in time, I see no reason to believe this, so..... ... Always Will be Love. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Grendel Area: Thelema To: Richard Kaczynski 30 Aug 92 15:07:00 Subject: Right & Wrong UpdReq > I wouldn't go that far. In paganism, the principle of will is prefaced > with the disclaimer, "An it harm none." You mean Wicca specifically, not paganism in general. There are a number of pagan faiths which don't subscribe to this principal. The wording is specifically Wiccan though. Wassail, Grendel 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718