From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 7 Oct 92 11:47:00 Subject: Re: Limbo UpdReq Bl> questions to ask. Do you have a task for me to do? Would The Sinistar Bl> Astral Invader or Deep Black have anything for me to do? Or do I do Bl> nothing yet but sit and wait and pop corny jokes like Popcorn does? Actually, if you don't mind, could you pick me up a Big Mac, a large Coke, and some fries on your way over? But seriously--I think the best thing you could do right now would be to continue doing the exercises you were doing (I'll assume, judging from your interest in and knowledge of hermetics, that you were at least doing the LBRP and possibly the Watchtower Rituals on a regular basis). You might want to start reading some stuff on Egypt, so you can get a good idea of what Set really meant to the ancient Egyptians. Try _Egyptian Mythology_ by Veronica Ions, _Seth, God of Confusion_ by H. Te Velde, _Her-Bak_ by Isha Schwaller de Lubicz, and Pierre Montet's _Lives of the Pharaohs_. Any university library should have one or more of the above. Other than that, I'd say just keep your fingers crossed. It may be a few weeks before you hear anything, since everybody's busy preparing for Conclave at the present time. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 7 Oct 92 11:59:00 Subject: Re: Gnostic gospels UpdReq Indeed many of the events mentioned in the Bible have been found to be based on reality (for example--archaeologists just found the Tomb of Caiaphas, the High Priest who allegedly condemend Jesus to death). However, they have been embellished, cleaned, and altered to prove a point, as all folk-history has. There is some evidence that there was an Arthur from Wales who ruled a good chunk of England for a while. This does not mean that we accept the existence of a Merlin, or a Camelot. I think your tie-in of the "Flood Age" with the Ice Age is perceptive. I also believe the "Flood" was based on some event in antediluvian history and was the cause of many cultures' Flood myths. This does not mean I accept the literal existence of Noah and the Ark. And I can just as easily say why have _no_ records been found of the Egyptian captivity (that is, why didn't the Egyptians make _one_ reference in their records to their Jewish slaves or to a slave rebellion which took place?) The Bible, I still believe, has a core of truth in it. However, I think it is still a myth--much as I believe there was a real Trojan war but doubt that a Trojan horse won it or that a man named Odysseus went sailing for twenty years. Indeed many of the Biblical myths are retellings of Sumerian/Akkadian myths--just as many of our Christian myths (i.e. Easter) are retellings of pagan legends. They took place in real areas, I have no doubt, and in many cases were based on real events. However, we must realize that men at that time, (this is the opinion of many anthropologists) did not separate between the objective and subjective existence as we do. Even today Aborigines consider "dreamtime" as valid as reality. They had no way of distinguishing between myth and reality as we do (and were not interested in doing so). For them a well-told story which proved a point was "true"--after all, it happened right here, they would say as they pointed to a field or a mountain. A Greek might say, "Of course this stream has a living spirit in it--look how it floods every spring and how it recedes every fall. And don't you hear it laughing to itself as it goes over the rocks?" I'd be interested to hear your comments on this. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 7 Oct 92 12:08:00 Subject: Re: In limbo UpdReq I never used the Equal House System--always preferred Porphyry myself. Most modern astrologers using Western Astrology don't use the Equal House--of course most of them don't use the Mansions of the Moon either. I'm very interested in seeing what you have done with that... And I'm not a Siderial Arian...I'm a Sidereal Taurean. Your description as laid back, gentle, and able to fall asleep on a dime would fit Taureans better than Arians anyway. Let me see more of what you've done here--if you've written anything down why don't you post it on Purgatory? Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Charles Nemo 7 Oct 92 12:11:00 Subject: Re: Drugs and Spirituality UpdReq CN> Agreed also. Well, hold on tight -- looks like we're gonna go to CN> Hell in a handbasket 'cause ain't nothin' gonna change for the better CN> any time soon in the "normal" course of business or politics. Looks CN> like it's gonna be salvation by disaster (otherwise known as CN> Armageddon). "The Aeon Must Be Bathed In Blood." Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Astral Invader Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 7 Oct 92 13:29:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq I'm confused....you quoted my entire message, but didn't say anything.... ?? /Astral/ 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Astral Invader Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 7 Oct 92 13:33:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq Bl> But you DO like to consume souls, right? That reminds me of a Bl> creature I saw on Dr. Who one time. They were called Finruns Bl> (I Bl> think). They are an ancient fore runner of witches. They Bl> gather Bl> and form one massive body from 13 of them. After they all Bl> gathered together they would enliven a skull into a form of a Bl> beautiful woman who eats souls. Interesting creature....However it it wasn't one of the episodes with Tom Baker, I probably didn't pay too much attention....(He was my favorite Doctor)....}:) Bl> You're not a Finrun are you? I KNOW your not a beautiful Safe assumption.... /Astral/ 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Astral Invader Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 7 Oct 92 13:36:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq Bl> Have you check out Starbase 21? I saw a replica of Pin-head Bl> there with a puzzle box in his hand. Perhaps you could get the name Bl> of Bl> the person who made that figurine and have him or her make you one. Actually that was just a painted plastic model....They had the model (unpainted) available for quite awhile....I think the painted one might be for sale as well.... and I checked for the puzzle box....they don't have any....But I suspect they could order one, or know where to order one from.... /Astral/ 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Astral Invader Area: Base of Set To: Charles Nemo 7 Oct 92 14:05:00 Subject: Re: Standards and morals UpdReq CN> And we're tired of hearing about yours -- or the lack thereof. Amen.... /Astral/ 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Oz Tech 7 Oct 92 18:00:42 Subject: Joining the Temple Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Joining the Temple to Oz Tech. OT> (a) Have you seen Robert Zoller's _The Lost Key to Prediction:The Arabic OT> Parts in Astrology_? I haven't read it--I'm not an astrologer--but it is OT> the only astrological text in the ToS reading list. Yes, I have. Arabic Parts are much from a much later time than the astrological information from which I draw. Medieval Arabia was Moslem. I draw information from a time when Arabia was still pagan---still preserving the Old Knowledge. OT> K'fung'n zyb'nos Z'j-m'h kyns el-gryn'hy. I am also a student of philology. With the above language I am not familiar. Seeing the short constants I conjecture it is some African language. Am I correct? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Oz Tech 7 Oct 92 18:30:28 Subject: Joining the Temple Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Joining the Temple to Oz Tech. OT> (b) In the letter, mention any affiliations with other occult or magical OT> groups. (OTO, Rosicrucian, BOTA etc.) OT> (c) I agree with Rakshasa, it would be better to describe more about the OT> parts of your philosophy you believe are Setian. Because of your suggestions I have postponed mailing the letter and have rewritten it. I would appreciate any comments upon this new draft. To Magistra Linda Reynolds Executive Director of the Temple of Set Madam, I am Stephen Dexter Morgan, my address is 2121 E. 46 St. N., Tulsa, Oklahoma 74130-1922, my phone number is 1-918-425-9677 and my birth date is 5/25/48. I am a male. Since you have strict requirements for admission I will give you something about myself so that you and your peers may judge for yourself as to whether I am Setian material. At the age of 12 my brother became interested in the study of cer- emonial magick for materialistic gain. I studied along with him. After the first conjuration didn't work, he started pursuing the reasons for the fail- ure. That was the time he started on his magical journey with me as his frater. We found some Quabalistical books, began reading them, and event- ually joined BOTA when I was 13. Up the street, at that time, was an antique dealer named Dick Talbott. He was an ex-Rosicrucian and an independent Seeker. Since he appeared to have some knowledge of the occult I---with my motto "let the mountain come to Mo- hammed"---decided to study under him conjointly with the BOTA learning. After a few years when I was 17, Mr. Talbott had the most unusual spiritual journey I had ever heard of at that time. This caused my brother and I to search the various literature for a similar type of experience as the BOTA said nothing about it. What we found was in Evelyn Underhill's _Mysticism_. Of what she described as Illumination, The Dark Night of the Soul and Unification appeared to describe Mr. Talbott's experience so closely that Mr. Talbott could have become nothing but a full fledged Master or Ipsissimus by Under- hill's reckoning. That produced a split between my brother and I because of his motto "let Mohammed be a California Quabalist". I dropped out of BOTA while he continued studying under them. I continued studying under Mr. Talbott from my 17th to 21st years. At that time, he was developing a unique occult system based upon ancient sidereal astronomy/astrology (as originally they were taught together as one course). The emphasis was on Noutic development through understanding the Nous, not prediction of events. As a Master, he taught that "spiritual" experiences didn't concern an external "God" but the persons' larger concept of soul. From my 21 to 30 years, I was involved with mundane work while Mr. Talbott keep writing his knowledge down in manuscript form. By the time I recontacted him, his astrological system, in an almost completed form, was mostly discarded in favor of the part of his teachings in which he didn't refer to it. I, being his oldest student, was dismayed at that so I decided to alpha test his form of astrology with the people at a local occult book- store I frequented. From the age of 30 to 33, I tested this form of star only astrology by offering free readings to all customers of the bookstore in exchange for knowledge about their past. These readings consisted of telling them what they already knew about the events and personalities of their life and the times these events and meeting these personalities happened. My source material was in part drawn from Egyptian and Greek mythology. I found that the Ancients had done the same thing I was doing then and put their dis- coveries down in the form of myths. Some of these mythical story lines are played out with all people, such as the Egyptian story of the Two Brothers. Finally, when Mr. Talbott saw that my results were so different than his original form, instead of readjusting that part of his overall teaching he decided to disband it saying at first that he would sue if I published but later recanting to say that although I might publish my findings I could- n't use his name in them. Needless to say I lost him as a mentor and became for the past 10 years involved with mundane activities waiting for an occult organization to appear whose members would help me perfect this ancient form of astrology. The Temple of Set appears to have the qualifications of being an organization devoted to analytical research of occult topics. I believe that I have some- thing to offer the Temple as I know that before the first century of the common era, all symbols and teaching of the European, Middle and Far East Mystery schools were based on astrology. It was only after the Jewish reaction to Christianity that Quabalah sprung up. The Temple still, using the Quabalah, is not linked at the present time to the pre-Christian symbology and symbolic interpretation the Mystery schools used that only the study of ancient sidereal astronomy/astrology could give. To present this venerable form of astrology, the world's oldest science, to the benefit of all Setians, and to help in its full recovery from the ashes Christianity committed it to is the reason for my application. I know YOU will Xeper and remanifest, Stephen Morgan I will be sending a copy to rakshasa to comment upon also. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Rakshasa 7 Oct 92 18:56:28 Subject: Limbo Rec'd UpdReq To: Rakshasa Message #: 3 From: Blaise Submitted: 7 Oct 92 18:41:30 Subject: Limbo Status: Public Received: ** Outbound Message ** Group: SET (28) Well, guess what? Just as I was about to mail the letter I saw a message from Oz Tech who suggested I elaborate further on my reasons to become Setian. Boy, you guys must have had a lot of applicants that turned out to be creeps! Anyway, I decided that, since I WAS being secretive about the last 44 years of my life, I rewrote the entire letter of introduction. Here it is: To Magistra Linda Reynolds Executive Director of the Temple of Set Madam, I am Stephen Dexter Morgan, my address is 2121 E. 46 St. N., Tulsa, Oklahoma 74130-1922, my phone number is 1-918-425-9677 and my birth date is 5/25/48. I am a male. Since you have strict requirements for admission I will give you something about myself so that you and your peers may judge for yourself as to whether I am Setian material. At the age of 12 my brother became interested in the study of cer- emonial magick for materialistic gain. I studied along with him. After the first conjuration didn't work, he started pursuing the reasons for the fail- ure. That was the time he started on his magical journey with me as his frater. We found some Quabalistical books, began reading them, and event- ually joined BOTA when I was 13. Up the street, at that time, was an antique dealer named Dick Talbott. He was an ex-Rosicrucian and an independent Seeker. Since he appeared to have some knowledge of the occult I---with my motto "let the mountain come to Mo- hammed"---decided to study under him conjointly with the BOTA learning. After a few years when I was 17, Mr. Talbott had the most unusual spiritual journey I had ever heard of at that time. This caused my brother and I to search the various literature for a similar type of experience as the BOTA said nothing about it. What we found was in Evelyn Underhill's _Mysticism_. Of what she described as Illumination, The Dark Night of the Soul and Unification appeared to describe Mr. Talbott's experience so closely that Mr. Talbott could have become nothing but a full fledged Master or Ipsissimus by Under- hill's reckoning. That produced a split between my brother and I because of his motto "let Mohammed be a California Quabalist". I dropped out of BOTA while he continued studying under them. I continued studying under Mr. Talbott from my 17th to 21st years. At that time, he was developing a unique occult system based upon ancient sidereal astronomy/astrology (as originally they were taught together as one course). The emphasis was on Noutic development through understanding the Nous, not prediction of events. As a Master, he taught that "spiritual" experiences didn't concern an external "God" but the persons' larger concept of soul. From my 21 to 30 years, I was involved with mundane work while Mr. Talbott keep writing his knowledge down in manuscript form. By the time I recontacted him, his astrological system, in an almost completed form, was mostly discarded in favor of the part of his teachings in which he didn't refer to it. I, being his oldest student, was dismayed at that so I decided to alpha test his form of astrology with the people at a local occult book- store I frequented. From the age of 30 to 33, I tested this form of star only astrology by offering free readings to all customers of the bookstore in exchange for knowledge about their past. These readings consisted of telling them what they already knew about the events and personalities of their life and the times these events and meeting these personalities happened. My source material was in part drawn from Egyptian and Greek mythology. I found that the Ancients had done the same thing I was doing then and put their dis- coveries down in the form of myths. Some of these mythical story lines are played out with all people, such as the Egyptian story of the Two Brothers. Finally, when Mr. Talbott saw that my results were so different than his original form, instead of readjusting that part of his overall teaching he decided to disband it saying at first that he would sue if I published but later recanting to say that although I might publish my findings I could- n't use his name in them. Needless to say I lost him as a mentor and became for the past 10 years involved with mundane activities waiting for an occult organization to appear whose members would help me perfect this ancient form of astrology. The Temple of Set appears to have the qualifications of being an organization devoted to analytical research of occult topics. I believe that I have some- thing to offer the Temple as I know that before the first century of the common era, all symbols and teaching of the European, Middle and Far East Mystery schools were based on astrology. It was only after the Jewish reaction to Christianity that Quabalah sprung up. The Temple still, using the Quabalah, is not linked at the present time to the pre-Christian symbology and symbolic interpretation the Mystery schools used that only the study of ancient sidereal astronomy/astrology could give. To present this venerable form of astrology, the world's oldest science, to the benefit of all Setians, and to help in its full recovery from the ashes Christianity committed it to is the reason for my application. I know YOU will Xeper and remanifest, Stephen Morgan I would appreciate your comments on this draft as with the others. I'll get it right some day. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 7 Oct 92 20:35:00 Subject: Re: Limbo UpdReq This one should do it, dude! This one shows you have the kind of analytical mind and willingness to examine the ideals presented which is exactly what the Temple of Set is looking for. If I were you I'd send that one in right away. And yeah, we've had a few problems in the past. We're pretty hard on people trying to get it because we don't need a Richard Ramirez or Charles Manson among our members--we don't want to give profane society a reason to call us a "murder cult" and react against us accordingly. Neither do we want people in the organization who are unwilling to work or who are mentally unstable or will otherwise prove a drain on our limited time and resources. Your letter shows that you are none of the above--I think it will be sufficient to get you in. Good luck!! Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 7 Oct 92 20:39:00 Subject: Re: Joining the Temple UpdReq Bl> OT> K'fung'n zyb'nos Z'j-m'h kyns el-gryn'hy. Bl> Bl> I am also a student of philology. With the above language I Bl> am Bl> not familiar. Seeing the short constants I conjecture it Bl> is some African language. Am I correct? Nope--it's Yuggothic, I believe. This is a language Michael Aquino invented for his "Call to Cthulhu" in the _Satanic Rituals_. Incidentally, chanting it can produce altered states of consciousness almost as quickly as Enochian can. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* Kevi=aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I8 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Grendel Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 5 Oct 92 22:19:00 Subject: Set questions Rec'd UpdReq > As a Setian, I feel no obligation to help my "fellow man" or to > live an "altruistic" morality. I don't feel that, should I hurt > somebody who gets in my way, that a "threefold law" will zap me, or that > "bolts from the blue" will punish me for my sins. (I'm not sure whether > you, as Astaru, believe in the "threefold law" or not--as I said, I'm > not really sure what you believe). Asatruar don't follow the threefold law. That is a Wiccan belief. > My morality is based on codes of heroism--I avoid hurting > innocent people, lying, cheating, and stealing because it's behavior > unbecoming a heroic being, not because I feel I owe the innocent > something. The reasoning is different, the end results are the same. I > have met admirable and, in my opinion, heroic Christians, Wiccans, Jews, > Moslems, and Setians. Asatruar tend to follow the codes of our ancestors as exemplified in the writings of them, such as the Eddas and the Sagas. These are the same places that you are drawing much of your "heroic" codes from, I believe, courtesy of Magister Flowers. Wassail, Grendel 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Grendel Area: Base of Set To: Servant 5 Oct 92 22:22:00 Subject: Gnostic gospels UpdReq > Okay... here is another example in the Old Testament - Soddom and > Gomorah (sp?) - God burnt the city down due to homosexuality. He said > homosexuality > was a sin - this was why he burnt it down. Of course, God is not as > harsh as he is today, by burning down cities, etc... but a sin is a sin. I thought your Jesus brought a new law? Do you follow ALL of the laws in the Old Testament? Wassail, Grendel 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Grendel 7 Oct 92 23:37:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq Gr> Asatruar don't follow the threefold law. That is a Wiccan belief. Gr> Asatruar tend to follow the codes of our ancestors as exemplified in Gr> the writings of them, such as the Eddas and the Sagas. These are the Gr> same places that you are drawing much of your "heroic" codes from, I Gr> believe, courtesy of Magister Flowers. Actually I drew my "heroic" codes from the original sources--I've yet to read any of Stephen Flowers' work (I've heard it's excellent). I will admit that the idea came from the Trapezoid people, and Magus Flowers is Grand Master of the Order of the Trapezoid. Thank you for clarifying the differences between Asatruar and Wiccans. I hadn't been sure of them. From what I've gathered, you seem a little more interested in studying the original source material of your religion than many Wiccans. One final question; I know there's a group in Florida that puts out a newsletter called The Odinist...they lead a branch of runelore called Odinism which has gained a nasty reputation in the past as being anti-Semitic and neo-Nazi. (Of course, the same has been said of the Temple of Set--I have heard rumors and have no way of proving or disproving them). I was wondering if you could tell me a little about Odinism and how it relates to Asatruar. (In case you haven't noticed--I know next to nothing about runes and Nordic/Germanic mythology) Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 7 Oct 92 21:06:24 Subject: Gnostic gospels Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Gnostic gospels to rakshasa. ra> Indeed many of the events mentioned in the Bible have been ra> found to be based on reality (for example--archaeologists just ra> found the Tomb of Caiaphas, the High Priest who allegedly ra> condemned Jesus to death). However, they have been embellished, ra> cleaned, and altered to prove a point, as all folk-history has. Perhaps this is so. Unfortunately we can't say "yea" nor "nay" on this. ra> There is some evidence that there was an Arthur from Wales who ra> ruled a good chunk of England for a while. This does not mean ra> that we accept the existence of a Merlin, or a Camelot. I WOULD like you to tell me more on the Arthur discoveries. He is an example of an astrological personality which I will elaborate upon latter. ra> I think your tie-in of the "Flood Age" with the Ice Age is ra> perceptive. I also believe the "Flood" was based on some event ra> in antediluvian history (psst, "antediluvian" means "pre Flood") ra> and was the cause of many cultures' Flood ra> myths. This does not mean I accept the ra> literal existence of Noah and the Ark. I see your point here also. Have you considered that the Flood might also refer to something other than a PHYSICAL experience that was so out of the ordinary that the only way the Ancients had in describing it was in terms of a previous known period of inundation or total immersion of life? ra> And I can just as easily say why have _no_ records been found ra> of the Egyptian captivity (that is, why didn't the Egyptians make ra> _one_ reference in their records to their Jewish slaves or to a ra> slave rebellion which took place?) Here I will have to correct you. One of the source materials that H.P. Blavatsky used in the making of her "Secret Doctrine" tome was an excerpt from Borreas the Egyptian historian. He mentions that the Jews had a disease that was infecting the Egyptians and were driven out for that reason. ra> The Bible, I believe, ra> has a core of truth in it. However, I think it is still a ra> myth--much as I believe there was a real Trojan war but doubt ra> that a Trojan horse won it or that a man named Odysseus went ra> sailing for twenty years. Again, have you ever entertained the notion that the story lines of the Iliad and Odyssey might be phrased to tell something more than history or glorification of the Greek gods? ra> Indeed many of the Biblical myths are retellings of ra> Sumerian/Akkadian myths--just as many of our Christian myths ra> (i.e. Easter) are retellings of pagan legends. They took place ra> in real areas, I have no doubt, and in many cases were based on ra> real events. However, we must realize that men at that time, ra> (this is the opinion of many anthropologists) did not separate ra> between the objective and subjective existence as we do. For ra> them a well-told story which proved a point was "true" I am getting off the subject here but what you just said reminded me of what the Hawaiians used to do to settle an argument. If anyone had an argument the victor was the Hawaiian who, when telling the story, put the most puns in his version. ra> A Greek might say, "Of course this stream has a living ra> spirit in it--look how it floods every spring and how it recedes ra> every fall. And don't you hear it laughing to itself as it goes ra> over the rocks?" Are you talking about the culture that spawned Socrates and Aristotle? Perhaps this would be true of an Egyptian but the Greeks of Pericles day were much more sophisticated. Again, have you thought that they might be spreading the myths for a reason? You must remember; they had their Mystery schools. What do you suppose they taught in those Mystery schools? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 7 Oct 92 21:51:02 Subject: In limbo Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about In limbo to rakshasa. ra> Most modern astrologers using Western Astrology ra> don't use the Equal House--of course most of them don't use the ra> Mansions of the Moon either. Nor have they ever heard of much of what I discovered. ra> And I'm not a Sidereal Arian...I'm a Sidereal Taurean. The sun enters the sidereal constellation of Taurus, which is exactly 15 degrees before Alderbaran, on May 14-15 depending on the year. Source: Carl Sterne ra> Your description as laid back, gentle, and able to fall ra> asleep on a dime would fit Taureans better than Arians anyway. I DO have to constantly drink tea to keep awake all right. ra> Let me see more of what you've done here--if you've written ra> anything down why don't you post it on Purgatory? I might as well start writing the file tomarrow (10-7) as I am in limbo until I get nod or shake from the Temple. I should have it posted on Purgatory the 8 or 9. Have you studied sidereal astrology to any great extent? By that I mean have you read any of Cyril Fagan's works. Carl Sterne, Garth Allen, Herb Granite and Ruppert Gleadow are also sidereal writers. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 7 Oct 92 22:11:20 Subject: Limbo Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Limbo to rakshasa. >Bl> questions to ask. Do you have a task for me to do? Would The Sinistar >Bl> Astral Invader or Deep Black have anything for me to do? Or do I do >Bl> nothing yet but sit and wait and pop corny jokes like Popcorn does? ra> Actually, if you don't mind, could you pick me up a Big Mac, ra> a large Coke, and some fries on your way over? Your not a vegetarian. Hmmm. Good. I found vegetarianism to be a false idea. Now if I have to give up drinking Pekoe and smoking I'm sunk. ra> But seriously--I think the best thing you could do right now ra> would be to continue doing the exercises you were doing (I'll ra> assume, judging from your interest in and knowledge of hermetics, ra> that you were at least doing the LBRP and possibly the Watchtower ra> Rituals on a regular basis). Nope. Except for the conjuration that I mentioned in my letter to the Temple (which DID conjure an angel in the form of a moth who had nothing to say but just flew around the light bulb thus imparting the silent message "Seek the Light") I did one magical feat which I shall describe. When my brother, myself and my next door neighbor---all Quabalists---wanted to prove to my then new sister-in-law that we could perform magic, we decided to make it rain. She looked outside and said that if we could make it rain she would believe. So that night before I went to sleep I per- formed a rain working. The next morning I found that I couldn't go to school because, while I was asleep, there had been a flood. I called my neighbor up to see if he had done a rain ritual and found he hadn't. My brother hadn't either. Later the news said that the flood was the worst in Tulsa's history. Still later, the news said that someone who called himself the Rain- maker was claiming that he caused it through magical means. So, from that time to this, I have been leery of magical working since I wouldn't know who else was performing the same working thus increasing the original effect I wanted to produce. ra> You might want to start reading some stuff on Egypt, so you ra> can get a good idea of what Set really meant to the ancient ra> Egyptians. Try _Egyptian Mythology_by Veronica Ions, ra> _Seth, God of Confusion_ by H. Te Velde, _Her-Bak_ by Isha Schwaller ra> de Lubicz, and Pierre Montet's _Lives of the Pharaohs_. Any ra> university library should have one or more of the above. I have read some translations of Egyptian literature. I am familiar as to what Set represented but do need to brush up. Isn't Her- bak a novel though? Why didn't you mention the Book of the Dead? ra> Other than that, I'd say just keep your fingers crossed. It ra> may be a few weeks before you hear anything, since everybody's ra> busy preparing for Conclave at the present time. More now that I have to delay until you and Oz Tech proof my draft. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Astral Invader 7 Oct 92 22:41:50 Subject: Set questions UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Set questions to Astral Invader. AI> I'm confused....you quoted my entire message, but didn't say anything.... AI> ?? Well, if I did that, whatever you said bared repeating without comment. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Astral Invader 7 Oct 92 22:43:54 Subject: Set questions UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Set questions to Astral Invader. >Bl> But you DO like to consume souls, right? That reminds me of a >Bl> creature I saw on Dr. Who one time. They were called Finruns AI> Interesting creature....However if it wasn't one of the episodes AI> with Tom Baker, I probably didn't pay too much attention....(He AI> was my favorite Doctor)....}:) It was. I dont like any of the Whos after him either. They had some interesting ones before him though. Sorry you missed that show. It was one of the best of Dr. Who shows. If it had been made into a movie I would have been almost as good as Hellraiser II. I suppose you don't remember the TV series hosted by Boris Karloff called Thriller. THAT WAS A GREAT SERIES!! They probably lost the tapes now or else it would be re ran. >Bl> You're not a Finrun are you? I KNOW your not a beautiful AI> Safe assumption.... I noticed that you didn't answer my question. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Astral Invader 7 Oct 92 23:00:34 Subject: Standards and morals UpdReq While in limbo, Charles Nemo thought it would be nice to talk about Standards and morals to Astral Invader. >CN> And we're tired of hearing about yours -- or the lack thereof. AI> Amen.... You mean "Ammon" dont you? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Pale Rider Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 8 Oct 92 00:31:00 Subject: Re: Necronomican Rec'd UpdReq ra> Hopefully I'm not pushing you into discussing a topic which ra> makes you uncomfortable--if so just ignore me and I shall do you the ra> same service. I look forward to hearing from you. Since you posted your mailing address, I will try to get the information to you. I think it has been 3 years, since the incident happened, so I don't know if the police department keeps them... I will call them up and see... We never got the report, cause we never talked to the police after that first time they came out to investigate it. The reason that we didn't talk to the police much, is cause the dumb pigs accused the three of us of being Satanists, and accused my friend of being in a Satanic group, and that he was trying to get out, and that was the reason that he was hit over the head.... Rumors circled around the town a few days.... My cuz called my house crying, because of one of the rumors that she happened to here. Needless to say, we are to happy with the police department. Even if we can't get the police report, I mail you a letter with the details of the incident...... Plus, some of the local Setians met the guy, so he isn't some invisible guy or something.... However, if anyone else is reading this, don't bother to ask me for the information... This Setian is an exception to the case.... If I do receive the police report, I will show the local Setians, and one of them can post a message concerning the validity of the report...... TTYL.... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Ishmar VanHolden Area: Base of Set To: VITRIOL 8 Oct 92 02:09:00 Subject: Re: Religion UpdReq VI> Not always... Sometimes they implode when their figurehead falls down VI> his own asshole. est, anyone? };-) I like that, are you saying that some assholes are better than others? IS 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Area: Base of Set To: Subject: UpdReq --- DB 1.39/003539 * Origin: THE CRYSTAL CAVE DAS MAGICAL TREFTPUNKT 719-391-1092 (1:128/50) SEEN-BY: 93/93 104/424 125/51 128/50 101 147/1077 159/700 170/811 215/53 SEEN-BY: 278/666 280/40 308/60 311/11 314/0 349/7 666/666 2405/666 9000/3 SEEN-BY: 9400/0 9605/0 9630/0 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718