From: Reuben Radding Area: Base of Set To: Kevin Filan 2 Oct 92 00:04:22 Subject: C.O.S. questions Rec'd Sent UpdReq Thank you for your questions, sir. I must tell you though, I rarely check in on the Base Of Set and feel it would be unfair to you to enter discussion here. I wouldn't be able to give your questions the attention they deserve in this arena. HOWEVER, I'd be more than happy to correspond with you via USmail. I may be reached at: PO Box 1270 New York, NY. 10276-1270 or, if you have INTERNET email access: rdr@panix.com is my address. It's obvious that the majority of your opinions regarding the Church Of Satan have been formed by the admittedly biased portrayals given to you by Setians, who wouldn't know. My views of the Temple have been guided by past and present members, as well as my own judgment of the info provided. Won't you do yourself the same service with regard to the COS? Perhaps you will. Beast wishes, Reuben Radding, Agent Church Of Satan 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 30 Sep 92 20:25:02 Subject: Set questions Rec'd UpdReq Trying to grasp the mysteries of Set questions, Blaise inquired of rakshasa, ra> Basically, it sounds like you and I use the same ra> standards for determining good and evil--that is, a utilitarian, ra> relativistic standard. You're not telling me things are "good" ra> or "evil" because of "Holy Writ" or the "Will of God." The "Holy Law" is nothing more than 800 B.C. common sense put as if God Themself were talking. ra> You're thinking as a Setian or LHP philosopher would Dear! I didn't know that! It was just the developmental result of our conversation that brought me to that conclusion. ra> And your standard sounds like a decent one for the time ra> being--I can't think offhand of a contradictory example. If one ra> were to arise, I think you (and I) would then try to think of ra> another standard to work by. One of the advantages (or ra> disadvantages) of relativistic ethics is that you have to stay on ra> your toes and keep thinking. Another advantage is being able to work out high philosophy between two or more minds. ra> Your comment about doctors prolonging life at all costs ra> because of your earlier assumption is a perceptive one. It also ra> helps to show the danger of attempting to create a Written in ra> Stone ethical standard--before too long you're causing pain and ra> suffering by trying to keep to your old standard, which was ra> designed to _avoid_ them. Thank you. I have another question to ask at this point. One of the things I heard about Left-hand path magicians was that they like to conjure demons, but now I hear from you no mention about ceremonial magick of any form. Do Setians ever work with the Goetia or Enochian Tablets as Crowley did? And how about other grimoires like the 6 & 7 Books of Moses, 8, 9 and 10th Books of Moses, The Greater Key of Solomon, Grimorum Verum to name just a few; do you work with those? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 30 Sep 92 20:46:14 Subject: Set questions Rec'd UpdReq Trying to grasp the mysteries of Set questions, Blaise inquired of rakshasa, ra> BL) Could you give an example (of the Superego/Ego/Id ra> interaction I postulated in a previous posting) ra> Sure--when I did a "Lovecraft Working" What? Didn't you know that the Necronomicon was a phony grimoire? How could anyone get any real discovery from something fictional? ra> I found myself getting in tune with many of the "primitive" parts ra> of my psyche. I discovered the Mammalian center of the brain to be ra> responsible for many of the feelings which we call "patriotism," ra> "self-sacrifice," "compassion," etc.--many of them are just ra> ra> expressions of the pack instinct. I don't understand how you would arrive at these conclusions though what I perceive is a conjuration. I arrived at those same conclusions through analysing what "patriotism" is for example logically. I would like to learn this new method of reasoning. ra> Your statement about much "Morality" being codes of ra> etiquette is an extremely perceptive one. Thank you. ra> A.J. Ayer, a British philosopher, came to the same conclusion in ra> his work _Language, Truth, and Logic._ He said that codes of ra> morality were really aesthetic codes. Fiddlesticks. Someone is always coming up with ideas that I thought I thought of first. ra> He said that codes of morality were really ra> aesthetic codes. This led me to reply that only an Oxford ra> Englishman could say that skinning babies alive was immoral ra> because it was aesthetically unpleasant Perhaps to you it is but I would put it past Astral Invader to say "Oh, look at the pretty skinless baby!". 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Pale Rider Area: Base of Set To: All 1 Oct 92 09:48:00 Subject: Necronomican UpdReq I just got the latest catalog from Abyss, and was wanting to know why Necronomican and Necronomican was under the Left Hand Path section....... Even though its fiction, it seems strange that they didn't put it under something like Occult or Magick. I was wanting to know why they would put it under the left hand path category..... Thanks..... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Deep Black Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 1 Oct 92 10:02:00 Subject: Re: Set questions Rec'd UpdReq ra> Well....not quite. I said almost. }:D ra> I think the Eastern concept of Karma is a useful idea, and ra> difficult to deny. In my opinion the Western conception is a ra> distorted attempt to put nailprints in Buddha's hands. Agreed. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Deep Black Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 1 Oct 92 10:03:00 Subject: Re: Bob Larson & Zeena Rec'd UpdReq ra> (Post it on Setian discussions if you want to keep names private). I ra> can think of a few Priests and Magisters who would take his ra> Amen-singing ass on a wild ride and leave him looking every bit as ra> stupid, confused, and uneducated as he deserves to look... I will: and they did! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 1 Oct 92 15:18:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq I have worked with the Goetia and am working at present with the 30 Aethyrs of the 19th Enochian Key. We don't work as much with the summoning of demons as we do with perfecting ourselves, though. I've had a lot of success using sorcery to get what I wanted; jobs, women, etc... However, I've run the risks of a) becoming obsessed with the things I gained; b) becoming so caught up in a power-trip that I forgot about my self-development; c) short-circuiting my psyche as a result of the enormous amounts of emotional/spiritual energy I have to raise up to conjure up a "demon." (I'm not sure whether these "demons" have objective existence or whether they're suppressed parts of the mind brought up to light. I would even go so far as to say it makes no difference..in either case Goetic and demonic magic works--and can cause you gross psychic damage. I learned that by getting my fingers burned)> By developing the "self" we find that we attract the things we need and can get the things we want merely by applying a little elbow grease and working to get them. That's the path I'm taking at present. I could imagine using the Goetia or other grimoires again, but it would have to be for a really pressing reason and I'd make sure I prepared myself in every way for the psychic damage which I realize these rituals can cause. By doing so I would minimize my risk--and maximize the results of the spell. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 1 Oct 92 15:29:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq Indeed the "Necronomicon" is a phony grimoire...if by that you mean it does not have the history claimed for it and is in fact the creation of one man. The same could be said of the "Petit Albert," the "Book of Honorius," the "Goetia," and the rest of the grimoires. None of them were written by King Solomon--yet many people have used them and gotten results (sometimes not the desired results, but results nonetheless...) I follow a tenet of chaos magick; true is whatever works. A friend of mine is a great Clive Barker fan--he has done some work wherein he tried to summon the Cenobites of _Hellraiser._ He said he got some interesting results (i.e. alterations in his consciousness). I'm trying to talk him into writing them up--when he does I'll be sure to send a copy of the Purgatory boys. (Keep Astral away from the fishhooks when I do, though....) I wanted to learn something about racial memory, a theme which runs through many of Lovecraft's works. Thus I chose to do a ritual wherein I chanted his Call to Cthulhu. I found myself regressed through the stages from primitive man to mammal to reptile as I chanted. Perhaps this was self-hypnosis--but if it was it was self-hypnosis which gave me a better _noetic_ (instinctive as well as merely intellectual) grasp of the animal self. Thus I consider it a successful magical working. You said you could figure this out through "logical reasoning." I could have as well...but I wouldn't have understood it in the same way I understand it now. The way I understand it now is through what Plato called _noesis._ I understand the principles and they have emotional impact for me--thus they have a greater influence on my behavior and my Xeper. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Servant Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 1 Oct 92 16:30:00 Subject: Re: Gnostic gospels Rec'd UpdReq ra> sin and to love the sinner? These people who promote fag-bashing are ra> not doing so because the Bible says gay people are perverts--they're ra> doing so because of their own fear and ignorance. The fact that ra> "everybody says it's correct" doesn't necessarily mean that it is. True... And like I said, I do not "fag-bash" or whatever that term is called... I will admitt though that I belive homosexuality is a sin. The reason I believe this is becuase of the Word of God.. this is my instruction... likewise, your religion is different, yet it means a lot to you.. I respect that... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Servant Area: Base of Set To: Elminster 1 Oct 92 16:32:00 Subject: Re: Is this the SET Echo UpdReq El> ANY WEAPON formed against you shall prevail unless you get out of the El> way. Not necessiarly.... if I do die, however, this weapon still did no harm... I would be in Heaven, where I wish to be! =) 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Pale Rider 1 Oct 92 17:54:00 Subject: Re: Necronomican UpdReq I suspect they put the Necronomicon under the Left Hand Path section because it's acquired a reputation as being a "dangerous" and "demonic" grimoire. IMHO, the Necronomicon of Simon (the Avon books version) is good for a few laughs--but I've also seen other people say the rituals in fact worked very well. They wouldn't work for me--but that isn't to say, of course, that they are invalid. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Servant 1 Oct 92 18:04:00 Subject: Re: Gnostic gospels UpdReq Se) I will admit that I believe homosexuality to be a sin... This is because of your religious teachings; I could question some of those points but don't see any reason to. You are entitled, of course, to your opinion of a person's behavior. If you find it sinful or disgusting you can avoid that person. When you try to implement legislation to change that person's behavior, though, you're getting into a tricky point. As you say, we have different religious beliefs. I in no way think I have all the answers to how a person should live their life. According to your religion, God has those answers. Well, then, I suggest we let God be the judge--and follow Jesus Christ's commandment to "Love One Another." You are certainly welcome, as is anybody, to discuss your feelings regarding the morality of homosexuality or anything else in the Christian paradigm. I won't even take it personal if you tell me I'm a sinner; according to your laws, I am. What I _will_ get worried about is you (not you personally--the old generic you) imposing a code of morality on me which I disagree with based on the teachings (which I consider no part of "Holy Writ") of a God whom I do not worship. Perhaps Yahweh disapproves of my behavior; perhaps he disapproves of yours. I do not know. I know that, according to your religion, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." I know the Old Testament had laws against homosexuality. I also know that Christ's feelings on the Old Testament laws were "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." (i.e. the laws were meant as codes to make our lives better, not Laws Written In Stone stating Thou Shalt Not, etc.). In any case, I would question how many of the Old Testament laws are still considered valid by Christians--when's the last time you had bacon for breakfast or ate a non-Kosher meal? I am aware of Paul's statements regarding homosexuality. As I have said in the past, I do not consider Paul an authority on a par with Jesus. And Christ's view on the law seemed to be summed up in those sublime words "Love Your Neighbor As Yourself." If you do that, then you are walking in Christ's footsteps, and He will forgive you for any stumbling as a result of your weakness or human frailty. I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on my thoughts--I'm far from an expert on Christianity and feel like I'm treading in some deep and unfamiliar water here. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 1 Oct 92 16:13:32 Subject: Set questions UpdReq Trying to grasp the mysteries of Set questions, Blaise inquired of Deep Black, DB> Many of the Mosiac Laws made very good sense, at the DB> time. DB> Others were simply bullshit (such as not touching a menstrusting DB> woman, etc.) Perhaps but not in that example. One doesn't sexually touch a menstrating woman because you might give her yeast infection. That is the same reason for the ban on anal intercourse. (That is experiance talking). 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 1 Oct 92 16:18:54 Subject: Set questions UpdReq Trying to grasp the mysteries of Set questions, Blaise inquired of Deep Black, >Bl> In the above statements I see a Persona of heroism. This >Bl> sounds >Bl> like the German Uberman. (I have always strangely been drawn to that >Bl> era >Bl> of German idealization known as the Third Reich, I don't know why). DB> As have I! The Temple of Set has certain Orders (much like departments in DB> a university) that have done extensive research into the Ahnenerbe SS: the DB> occult oriented branch of the SS. Check DB> out the Order statement information DB> on the Order of the Trapezoid and DB> Category #14: _Fascism, Totalitarianism and DB> Magic_ of the reading lists of the Temple of Set. They are on Purgatory. I read the Otr statement. The castle must have cost a bundle or did Ipsissimus Aquino rent it? And how did the Order get copies of the 1941 secret German magazine? It was secret even then to most of the Weirmacht. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 1 Oct 92 16:44:24 Subject: Set questions UpdReq Trying to grasp the mysteries of Set questions, Blaise inquired of Deep Black, DB> One of the differences I see between the LHP and RHP is that most RHP DB> groups feel the need to "merge" with the "Godhead" (or whatever...) DB> This has been discussed at some length. Yes, I believe I understand the difference now. With both you and rakshasa have been giving me messages upon every topic I have brought up, I have really been informed of all innuances of each subject. Keep it up. DB> One of the biggest differences I see DB> (magically), is that the LHP magicians DB> recognize that sometimes "interfering" with another "against their Will" DB> is necessary. Like a Working designed to harm or kill them magically, for DB> instance. Most RHP magicians feel ANY DB> Working that interferes with anothers DB> Will is destined to boomerang (times DB> three, or some similar arbitrary number). DB> Almost like the Eastern Traditions concept of Karma. DB> I feel most LHP magicians disregard this sort of thinking as unrealistic DB> and unecessarily restrictive. The mundane world sure as hell does not DB> act in this manner for the most part; why should it then extend to the DB> magical world? Karma IS present in the world though, even though the business and mundane world at large ignores it. For example, consider the Nixon discression. He had his minions steal papers from the opposing party. He disregarded the fact that it might have a boomerang effect if the lackys he assigned weren't careful. When the return ebb of karma came back it distroyed him politically and ruined his credability to rule. Up until that time he was much more an effective President than Johnson who proceeded him and Ford who came after him. If the world at large ignores the effects of their actions, those effects whether positive or negative for the causer, I feel, will still be felt when the karmic ebb returns. DB> But something _very_ important within the Temple of Set is ethics. DB> It is stressed over and over in the _Crystal Tablet_. After all of these conversations with you and rakshasa I still find it amusing to see Satanists talking about high moral standards. DB> And as I said, whenever you wish to look over this tome (four or five DB> hundred pages at least), simply let me know. We can meet at a place of DB> your choosing and you may peruse it at your lesiure. Oh dear, I didn't know it was THAT long; I thought it was about the size of the Emerald Tablet or, at the most, the Kabbalian. I might as well join and get my own copy then. (I am a slow reader, because I analyze and memorize the material as I read). DB> There are certain portions that are excluded from non-Setian DB> eyes and I may not leave it with you. But I would remove those DB> before allowing you to peruse the _CT_. Tell me. If I pay the $$ to HQ, I will be able to see the entire document, but if I dont I cant? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 1 Oct 92 21:35:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq Bl) re. Karma and the Nixon Administration Yes, I agree. But Ronald Reagan had his lackeys steal one of Jimmy Carter's briefing books so as to give him an unfair advantage during the debate. His Vice-Presidential candidate, George Bush, set up the "October Surprise," or made a deal with the Iranians; don't release the hostages until we win the election and we'll give you weapons. His "Contragate" affair was every bit as illegal and unethical as Nixon's Watergate screwup. And yet Reagan, who in my humble opinion wasn't half the president Nixon was, managed to escape all of these charges relatively well. How do you explain Karma here? Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Pale Rider Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 2 Oct 92 01:15:00 Subject: Re: Necronomican Rec'd UpdReq ra> I suspect they put the Necronomicon under the Left Hand Path ra> section because it's acquired a reputation as being a "dangerous" and ra> "demonic" grimoire. IMHO, the Necronomicon of Simon (the Avon books ra> version) is good for a few laughs--but I've also seen other people ra> say the rituals in fact worked very well. They wouldn't work for ra> me--but that isn't to say, of course, that they are invalid. Well, I personally believe that the book is a fiction book, that it was just created.... However, just because it is a totally fiction book, doesn't necessarily make me believe that it doesn't work.... I mean, I believe that there are some copies of it that are "cursed" (as in a bad spirit calls that copy - h o m e ). But then again, _Little House On The Praire_ could have problems attached to it too. Also as far as the made up rituals go, I believe that they could work. But then again, I also believe that you don't have to use a ritual to get something either. I believe that you could call on some unseen entity and get your way without some elaborate ritual..... But as far as my concerns as having the book, I just have it for old memories and to know what some of those High School kids have gotten attached to. I mean, there are many young kids that go by this book alone, and take it very seriously, and would kill for it..... It is these self-styled adolescents that are causing the problems for the occult community through bad publicity.... Thanks for the reply..... Also, on my copy, it doesn't say "Simon" on the cover even though it is an Avon edition. So, if I was to get the version that was called _Simon_ would it be the exact same thing? TTYL.... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: A.j. Drew Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 27 Sep 92 11:37:36 Subject: Re: "Honor" UpdReq Although I think you took my definition is a slightly different frame, thank you for your window on the frame I'd intended. The definition was an observation of the "norm" or "majority" of those who preach the word "honor" in much the same way I would verbaly assault those who preach "rightousness", "morality", and many other common shields against the reality of self and self identification. (c) Blessed be and ride free, A.J. Drew The Mad Monk of the Midwest 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: A.j. Drew Area: Base of Set To: All 27 Sep 92 11:53:56 Subject: Drugs and Spirituality UpdReq Since things are getting a bit slow around here, I propose we open a new topic. What's the general consensus on the use of psyco-reactive agents for spiritual purposes? How do people feel about the Federal Government's insistance that the use of controlled substances is not protected under the Constitutional right to freedom of religion, even though it did make way for the cerimonial use of alcohol during the prohobition? To shatter a few mythes about the governments authority in these matters. Native American decendants CAN ONLY participate in cerimony involving controlled substances if they are AT LEAST 25% Native American. Funny, although many are BORN INTO A RELIGION, I didn't know it was a qualifier for Constitutional Rights. (c) Blessed be and ride free, A.J. Drew The Mad Monk of the Midwest 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: A.j. Drew Area: Base of Set To: The Cultist 27 Sep 92 12:06:08 Subject: Anarchism UpdReq Cultish, For Anarchism titles, try: Monkey's Retreat 2400 North High St. Columbus, OH (614) 262-9511 Although I can not guarantee they carry philosophical, ideological, or political material on the subject, I have purchased many "instructional" titles from them. (c) Blessed be and ride free, A.J. Drew The Mad Monk of the Midwest 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: A.j. Drew Area: Base of Set To: The Cultist 27 Sep 92 12:16:12 Subject: Base of Set? UpdReq TC: "What exactly is this base for? My sysop tells me it is a satanist echo, but I have seen nothing of satanist ideology in here." Since words have so many definitions and are so easily confused, maybe you could define your understanding of what "Satanist Ideology" is and how you came about associating this definition with what you seem to think is lacking from this echo. (c) Blessed be and ride free, A.J. Drew The Mad Monk of the Midwest 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 1 Oct 92 18:37:30 Subject: Necronomican Rec'd UpdReq Trying to grasp the mysteries of Necronomican, Pale Rider inquired of rakshasa, ra> I suspect they put the Necronomicon under the Left Hand ra> Path section because it's acquired a reputation as being a ra> "dangerous" and "demonic" grimoire. IMHO, the Necronomicon of I looked for the Necronomicon in Purgatory and all I got was an intro that read like a cross between the National Inquirer, Principi Discordia, and a chain letter. What is the file called. There are so many that read "no information on this file". 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 1 Oct 92 18:54:50 Subject: Set questions Rec'd UpdReq Trying to grasp the mysteries of Set questions, Blaise inquired of rakshasa, ra> I have worked with the Goetia and am working at present ra> with the 30 Aethyrs of the 19th Enochian Key. We don't work as ra> much with the summoning of demons as we do with perfecting ra> ourselves, though. ra> I've had a lot of success using sorcery to ra> get what I wanted; jobs, women, etc... However, I've run the ra> risks of a) becoming obsessed with the things I gained; b) ra> becoming so caught up in a power-trip that I forgot about my ra> self-development; c) short-circuiting my psyche as a result of ra> the enormous amounts of emotional/spiritual energy I have to ra> raise up to conjure up a "demon." It is precisely for these reasons that the White Magick schools discourage students from ceremonial magick. ra> I'm not sure whether these "demons" have objective existence ra> or whether they're suppressed parts of the mind brought I would ra> even go so far as to say it makes no difference That I have never heard. I always heard one conjures demons one really believes to exist...like Beelzebub and Asteroth. I guess with that attitude you might want to conjure the spirit of Bob. Or Santa Claus. ra> By developing the "self" we find that we attract the ra> things we need and can get the things we want merely by applying ra> a little elbow grease and working to get them. ra> That's the path I'm taking at present. I could imagine using ra> the Goetia or other grimoires again, but it would have to be for a ra> really pressing reason Dear me, I always believed that the reason for conjuring demons was to get out of work. Now, you tell me that Setians would rather use their own psychic energy than lay back and let the demons get what they want. What a bummer! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: VITRIOL Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 27 Sep 92 11:04:20 Subject: Re: Egyptian Words Rec'd Sent UpdReq -=> rakshasa sent a message to The Sorcerer (Sysop) on 25 Sep 92 14:44:00 <=- -=> Re: Re: Egyptian Words <=- ra> For me...because that's the way I've heard everybody else in Because, when trying to devise a way to represent the Egyptian phonemes in English letters (a process known as "Romanizing"), it was decided to represent the guttural "ch" sound - like in "achtung" - with the X-shape. There are other conventions in that particular system, like the use of the Greek letter Theta, which I _think_ is a "th" sound (like in "this"). There are also other systems - a copy of the guide to the Museum of Antiquities in Cairo, published in '66, an h with a dot under it for "hard h", and an h with a line under it for "kh". Unfortunately, it doesn't give examples, so I don't know the difference. ... The lust of the goat is the bounty of God. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Base of Set To: Rakshasa 2 Oct 92 21:21:34 Subject: Re: Zeena LaVey Sent UpdReq I have no quarrel with anything in your message concerning "lightsiders'" disdain/jealousy for those bold enough to claim their own power. Ayn Rand was a favorite author of mine in my teen years. Only lack of time and "darker" interests have prevented my going back to reread her and see how she's "aged" as I've "matured" (some would disagree on the latter word ). _Atlas_Shrugged_ was my favorite among her many novels. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 2 Oct 92 21:27:24 Subject: Re: Canton, Ohio Sent UpdReq CN> I'm not the Sysop of BaphoNet, but IMHO it CN> and Mumbo Jumbo Kathedral CN> (New Orleans) are among the finest CN> metaphysical BBSs in Amerika! DB> Well, I must admit to being somewhat biased, but..... DB> Purgatory should be mentioned as well. It ranks DB> up there with the best! DB> 918-835-2429! Agreed. The only reason I rarely call is that (as far as I know) Tulsa is still not PC Pursuitable.... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 2 Oct 92 21:51:20 Subject: Re: Canton, Ohio Sent UpdReq DB> If I'm ever in the area (and I hope at some time DB> in the not TOO distant DB> future to visit Nemo), I'll HAVE to check it out! It will be a pleasure to meet you!!! };-) 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Base of Set To: All 2 Oct 92 22:07:40 Subject: Khoronzone Kids Sent UpdReq TOPY Canada has just issued #3 of its nicely developing zine "Khoronzone Kids -- The Journal of Wreckless [sic] Alchemy". It's more than 40 pages of good stuff for $4.00. Address: P.O. Box 579, Sta. P, Toronto M5S 2T1, Canada. (And I'm not just recommending it because I have six pages of "bridge art" published in this issue under another name....) When you're in Toronto, check out Ben Abraham Books in their new location at 19 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1L1. Phone 416/924-5633. The place is a MUCH better-than-average occult shop, with a nice selection of used and rare books, as well as some nice art. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Base of Set To: The Sorcerer (Sysop) 2 Oct 92 22:28:04 Subject: Re: Canton, Ohio Sent UpdReq TS(> Check out my post where I give the address for TS(> Necropolis. The Cultist is a TS(> good buddy of mine and I'll send it to him right TS(> away. We appreciate it. Expect some stuff next week. If you are into (or want to get into) great post-industrial/LHP musick and read reviews are well as interviews, send $5.00 for the current issue of _The_Fifth_Path_ to P.O. Box 1632, Carmichael, CA 95609-1632. IMHO, this zine is worth its weight in gold for leads to new items! Also, Mark's Compact Disc Store, 258 The Arcade, Cleveland, Ohio 44114 (216/771-DISC) carries a lot of the reviewed stuff or can get it easily for you. Best of all, you can LISTEN BEFORE YOU BUY so you don't waste money on stuff you don't like! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Base of Set To: The Sorcerer (Sysop) 2 Oct 92 22:35:36 Subject: Harassment Sent UpdReq TS(> My question is this: if he is REALLY bothered by TS(> threats on his life ... TS(> why doesn't he get some sense? 800 #? Monthly TS(> reports with the phone # of TS(> EACH person that called ... hm ... Can a person get printouts of callers? I thought that CALLER ID was being battled as an invasion of privacy, whether it be digital readouts that show your caller's number on your phone, or printouts. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Base of Set To: The Sorcerer (Sysop) 2 Oct 92 22:38:26 Subject: Harassment Sent UpdReq CN> echo, you might get real popular real fast. Is your BBS CN> sufficiently anonymous to withstand the wrong kind of CN> attention (from the fundie whackoes)? TS(> Well ... what do you mean? It is relatively TS(> quiet, but occult echoes aren't TS(> the ONLY thing we do here. It is part of the TS(> Theology Sig. I've been TS(> seriously thinking about setting up an TS(> Alternative Thinking BBS ... with TS(> Libertarian echoes, a bunch of occult echoes, TS(> etc etc. But ... until then What I mean is -- are you prepared to defend against fundies, conservatives and other whackoes who may not like the freedom of choice you're providing? Do callers know where your BBS is located? Do you have the ability to defend against some of the more sophisticated neanderthals who will try to crash your computer? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718