From: Grendel Area: Base of Set To: Mystic 23 Aug 92 23:06:00 Subject: Is this the SET Echo? UpdReq >-> myself. As a Setian (and a Thelemite before that), I got mroe negati > "Setian"...? Is this an Old English spelling of Satan? Setian = one who follow Set (you know, the god Set?) Wassail, Grendel 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mystic Area: Base of Set To: Rakshasa 26 Aug 92 00:07:38 Subject: Re: Is this the SET Echo? UpdReq -> Nonetheless I do believe that Wicca can lead to the L.H.P. -> (Left-Hand Path--Setianism, Satanism, et al). In rejecting Christian -> even to merely replace it with a neo-Christian religion, the individu -> takes the first step to becoming a Setian/Satanist Well... I can appriciate your perspective here. Following in the Jungian idea of "VERBAL Images", childish or overly simplistic views of ultimate reality, and getting stuck in literalistic thinking...I agree that the verbal images need review. A good analogy might be how we as children saw our parents. As adults they remain our biological parents however we see them in a newer, more complete way. I tend to tremble a bit when anyone claims their path is the exclusive, ONly right (or left in this case) one. Even Jesus did'nt claim ALL knowledge when he was in His Jewish body. Anyway... I appriciate your perspective AND YOUR RIGHT: -> (Let the Bible-Thumpers get hold of that statement, eh? I'll -> quoted at every Tent Meeting in the country). You bet'cha...unfortuantly many are paralized by fear, and I 've seen this in ALL religions. Anyway... please explain ( if this is not a tabo question the symbols at the end of your name...: -> aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* "I*" Also, I recall from my brief experiance with MASONs the Luciferian "light" oriented theology which they and to a more "secret" way is followed by the Rosicrutions and others... These were all to have been based in Egyption Mythology and religion. Are you saying that this is the basis of SET? Last question... (hope I'm not buggin you...after all occult is "hidden stuff, right? Where exactly is the BIG differences between the Levey folks and the SET folks? I read several posts on the ToS vs the CoS and the history of it all...but am still confused. Other than politics was ther substantitive differences? Does one follow a "verbal" symbol...ie A Diety called Satan or Lucifer ( the counterpart of Christ)..etc. Also, is evil (bad/negative/hurting folks/liars and others kinda stuff) real or symbolic in your faith? Is it virtuous or to be avoided? Is Love a virtue to both The SET folks and the Levey folks? I've had a really hard time beliving the propaganda that Satainists found hatred a virtue and love a blasphemy...(Kinda ADAMS' Family sterotype). Thanks...hope you don't mind my questions I promise not to bug you'all too much more. See ya.. mk 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718