From: Jonathon Blake Area: Base of Set To: Pale Rider 5 Aug 92 08:05:04 Subject: Gnostic gospels UpdReq quoting PALE RIDER To: CHARLES NEMO ___------------------------------------------------------------------------ PR}>CN> I don't think that sex is either unclean OR sinful. Nor do I think PR}> But, the Bible says different. And what we are talking about is not PR}>what everyone believes, but what the Bible says, since we were talking PR}>about Jesus Christ and the idea of him having sex...... since you brought up jesus & sex, maybe you can tell me the names of his children? << or do you even know the name of his wife? >> PR}> But, Jesus Christ is God. Even doubting Thomas said that in one of PR}>the gospels...... Even John 1:1 says that Jesus (the Word) is God. except that the book thomas wrote -- the secret gospel of thomas was trashed by the early xians, in favor of the book of revelations -- a book which was considered to be heretical, at best. PR}> Weren't we orginally talking about some gnostic text or something PR}>claiming tht Jesus had sex? This is the reason that I am saying that PR}>God never had sex, thus Jesus didn't. actually, it was a passage in the bible i was reffering to. 93 jonathon * SLMR 2.1a * Coming soon to an echo near you: The Turtle Shell 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Star*fire Area: Base of Set To: Pale Rider 9 Aug 92 11:47:46 Subject: Re: Gnostic gospels Sent UpdReq -=> Quoting Charles Nemo to Pale Rider <=- CN> Oh, I just HATE to get drawn into these long, pointless discussions, CN> but here goes.... CN> I don't think that sex is either unclean OR CN> sinful. Nor do I think CN> that there is anything unclean or sinful CN> about a woman's period. PR> But, the Bible says different. And what we are PR> talking about is not PR> what everyone believes, but what the Bible says, PR> since we were talking PR> about Jesus Christ and the idea of him having sex...... CN> PR> But, it makes no sense at all to have a perfect world. God wanted PR> a creation that had the option to serve Him or not. If He wanted CN> PR> If most all men OBEYED (by choice) the laws sets down by God, we PR> would be living in a Paradise. However, it has been mans choice not PR> to obey the laws of God, and that is the reason that we are living PR> in a hell on earth, which is but a brief glimpse of the hell that PR> those, who do not accept Christ, will experience...... CN> Pale, Though I find your insinuations petty, I felt I ought to stick my two cents in being that I used to belie being that I used to believe as you. YOU DO ERR BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW THE SCRIPTURES! Sex is neither unclean or sinful. Your Bible does not say it is at all. Whether Jesus did or didn't have sex is a pointles argument. It's a male thing, I guess. That a man could be surround by women and not have any physical contact or feel the urge to have physical contact is beyond the average straight man`s comprehension. And a woman's period, unclean. That's chauvenistic. Messy, yes, but not unclean. You claim to know your scriptures, but I seems that you only know what your pastor wants you to know or you interpert the Bible the way your denom interperts without any free thinking or personal interpertations for yourself. If you must read it READ it. We're a happy bunch in this echo, and I understand that that is beyond your comprehension. After all, according to you people, how can anyone be happy and filled with joy without knowing Jesus. Aye. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Star*fire Area: Base of Set To: Jeff Mccord 9 Aug 92 11:57:30 Subject: Re: Gnostic gospels Sent UpdReq -=> Quoting Jeff Mccord to Jonathon Blake <=- JB> That quote is one of several << found in both gnostic JB> text & the xian bible >> to support the postion that JB> jesus was bisexual. JM> JM> THAT IS THE MOST STUPIDEST QUOTE I HAVE EVER HEARD! Don't you JM> EVER say that Jesus was a bisexual... I do not care if you personally JM> do not believe it. What has happened to everyone? Jesus defiantly JM> said that homosexuals would not make it into the Kingdom. Why would JM> Jesus then be bisexual? THINK ABOUT IT!! DUH DUH DUH! JM> JM> -!- QuickBBS 2.75 JM> ! Origin: Purgatory : In Nomine Dei Satanas Luciferi Excelsi! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is what gets sent with your messages---/ Why so defensive Jeff? And where did Jesus say that homosexuals wouldn't go to heaven. I'm GAY and proud of it. I'm afraid you don`t know what your talking about and any way it`s no skin off my nose. Just you haunting this echo along with Pale Rider says your really not satisfied with your religon and it sound like you find Satanism, Setianism exciting. JOIN US, JOIN US, JOIN US! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718