From: Diane Vera Area: Base of Set To: Dirge 8 Jun 92 18:49:16 Subject: OTS Sent UpdReq On May 25, you wrote to "All" in a message titled "OTS": . D > Thought everyone should know that I have resigned my membership and all offices in the Ordo Templi Satanis. Specifically I have resigned my role as spokesman for the group. This is in no way a condemnation of the Ordo Templi Satanis as a group, the membership in general, or any members in particular, nor is it a condemnation of the Satanic religion in any way. This message is posted by agreement with the Ordo Templi Satanis and represents my last communication in connection with that group. I'll be happy to discuss Satanism with everybody, but the Ordo Templi Satanis has become a non-issue for me. Thanks all. .So I guess that means we aren't going to have our debate about the OTS's political views. That's fine with me, since I really don't have time for it. .Has your own personal view of Satanism changed in any way? .On another subject: the origin of "the Baphomet". I recently ordered all the back issues of BRIMSTONE. In BRIMSTONE Vol.2, #1 (July XXV A.S.), there was a letter by Michael Aquino to Kevry Bolton, in which Dr. Aquino said, regarding the Church of Satan's claim that "the Baphomet" is a CoS trademark: "the exact design used by the Church of Satan appeared in several commercial witchcraft books years prior to the Church's use of it in 1966. Indeed the emblem used by the Church was not drawn by Anton La Vey nor any other C/S artist, but was copied directly from a commercial book." I've written a letter to Dr. Aquino asking whether he remembers the titles, authors, and years of publication of any of those older books. I'll let you know what he says, if anything. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Diane Vera Area: Base of Set To: Ammond Shadowcraft 8 Jun 92 18:50:46 Subject: reverse-Christian Satanists? Sent UpdReq Back on May 4, you wrote to Lady Byron, "nature vs The Gift...": . LB > Satanism does not work within the Christian mythology. We do not see any "final battle" coming -- Satan, to me, represents individuality and egocentricity. This is not the same as sin. . AS > Setianism works that way, but midway through my Navy hitch (as a BAC) I ran into 6 Satanists on a Navy sub-rescue ship. Their pitch was infact a reversal of Christian eschatology. .Could you tell us more about these Satanists and their beliefs? Who/what did they believe Satan was? Who/what did they believe the Christian God was? Did they essentially accept Christian theology except, perhaps, for a belief that Satan was going to win? Did they consider themselves to be "evil" and, if so, what did they mean by "evil"? How did they believe they were personally benefitting by being Satanists? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718