From: Diane Vera Area: Base of Set To: Ammond Shadowcraft 30 Mar 92 06:24:26 Subject: Re: ToS and "Nature" Sent UpdReq On March 27, you responded to Balanone's March 23 message to me, "Re: ToS and 'Nature'": . B > It's quite possible that we've wrongly over-simplified matters in classifying Christianity as not only RHP but also as nature-worshipping. I'll see if I can track down the sources and reasons for that statement. It's one thing to over-simplify matters in the introductory letter, but we certainly should not be flat out wrong in a statement. . AS > That probably comes from the point of view that psyche venerating religious systems view Nature as God as Nature. Jehovah is still the pattern used for supreme *sky* Gods (in pillars of smoke and fire floating in the sky). Thus Nature is still referenced when referencing Jehovah. I know that Christians don't view it that way, but there seems good reason to do this from a psyche- centered view. .Similarly, it can be argued that all non-celibate heterosexuals are breeders, since all (or most) heterosexuals perform the same sex acts as breeders, whether or not they actually breed. Non-breeding heterosexuals still "reference" the same old in-out. :-) .Yes, Christianity does draw most of its mythical themes from Nature- worshipping religions, but transposes them into a completely different context. And this context really does make a difference in how Christians see the world. .Similarly, it really does make a difference whether heterosexuals use condoms or not. .(Besides, there are *some* heterosexuals who don't even do the old in-out, just as there are *some* liberal Christians who more-or- less reject Biblical mythology.) .Did you see the string of six messages I posted to you yesterday (March 29)? Just thought I should ask, given the recent technical screw-ups. In case you missed any, here's a complete list of the subject headings: . Visibility "Breeders" and "illusions of union with the Universe" Your contempt for gay and lesbian "cranks" Feminism and you (1 of 2) Feminism and you (2 of 2) Why bother answering Tim .(That last one was preceded by a message to Balanone with the same subject heading.) 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Grendel Area: Base of Set To: All 29 Mar 92 16:42:14 Subject: Lewis Stead's view of Thorsson (and possibly the ToS)UpdReq Originally to Grendel from Lewis Stead in the Runes and Asatru Echo ------------------------------------------------------------------- Quoting Grendel: G> "...found out about Thorsson...?" Found out what? Are you refering G> to his membership in the Temple of Set? Why is it that everyone G> but me seems to have some hang up about this? I don't get it. As many people have explained why we find this unacceptable time and time again I think your comments are a bit disingenuous. Part of it is the whole idea of troth to the Gods. I'm sorry, but if you're running around with the Prince of Darkness in Nazi castles, you aren't being true to the Gods. That may sound "oppressive" "judgemental" and all those nasty buzz-words, but that's the way Asatru is. We know who we are and what it is that we do. However, if you wish more reasons, we could go into his publications. You could cite the reverse baptism in the Book of Troth. That certainly isn't Asatru. Hmm. A practicing Satanist writes a book on Asatru and includes a reverse baptism and renunciation of Christianity. Hmm. I wonder where he got that? But wait there's more: I've spent a good part of the last 6 years doing lectures, interviews, etc in the local area for public relations purposes. One of the things we tell them is that there is a difference between Satanism and Paganism. So now I'm supposed to accept a Pagan group that is led by a number of Satanists. Oh right. Great PR there. But in the end I would cite the first reason. Thorsson is not true to the Gods. It's that simple. If you like what he's doing, go ahead and join him, but I want no part of him. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- That's it folks. I thought it might prove interesting to Setians. Wassail, Grendel 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Lady Byron Area: Base of Set To: Charles Nemo 28 Mar 92 16:12:40 Subject: Boleskine UpdReq CN> Do you happen to know the exact year? Anyhow, Dan No, actually. I'm sure it was in the late 70's, though. CN> I'll respond more thoroughly in writing soon, since CN> I've been in Europe for a week and a half and have CN> a little catching up to do. You could have taken me, you know. Lady Byron ;)= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Lady Byron Area: Base of Set To: Azrael 28 Mar 92 16:23:32 Subject: Re: left-hand? UpdReq A> question. I have found my questions about A> "Satanism" to be ignored or joked about if you would A> care to discuss these beliefs intellagently w/ me A> you will find that I am not only curious, but A> likewise open-minded. I have down loaded and read I'm sorry to hear that you've been ignored or joked about. I have no interest in doing either. I can only tell you my experiences, however, and cannot speak for the entire Satanic/Setian population. I will do my best with any questions you might have, and I will ask other, more knowledgable people for answers that I don't have. A> discussion on Nazism from this BBS I felt (no A> offence intended) that the Sysop based his argument A> on personal beliefs that he felt Dr. Aquino has. I'm not sure that it was the Sysop you were reading answers from. The Sysop of this BBS is not affiliated with either the Temple of Set nor the Church of Satan. However, the argument was over statements that Dr. Aquino had made, and that is why the person you read messages by quoted him. A> Excuse me for I degress, I wish to be A> enlightened by someone w/ the "faithfulness" to A> enlighten me by thier beliefs, not beliefs that they A> belive someone else has. TELL ME WHAT IT IS FOR A> YOU.!.! OR DON'T AS YOU SEE FIT. If you wish to know my opinions and experiences, I will gladly share those with you. However, I will not try to change your present opinions, I will just tell you my interpretations and/or experiences. Maybe you could present the particular questions you have? I will answer from my perspective, as I've said, and if you ask a question about what Dr. Aquino believes, I will direct you to him. Lady Byron 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Markie Chao Area: Base of Set To: Lady Byron 30 Mar 92 19:13:26 Subject: Boleskine Sent UpdReq CN> I'll respond more thoroughly in writing soon, since CN> I've been in Europe for a week and a half and have CN> a little catching up to do. LB> LB> You could have taken me, you know. He couldn't get oput of taking me this time, you can have him when I'm done with him. ;) 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718