From: Jonathon Blake Area: RPSTOVAL To: Gerald Del Campo 3 Sep 92 09:03:00 Subject: BBS Freedom of Speech UpdReq quoting GERALD DEL CAMPO To: JONATHON BLAKE ___------------------------------------------------------------------------ GDC}> JB> stop & read the electronic mail security act of 1986 GDC}> JB> sometime. and then read the subsequent legislation GDC}>Is it available in ascii? Its on my board, and i forget which board i swiped it from. GDC}>This is true only to the extent that SOME people are GDC}>incourage to bullshit BBS and other free speech avenues. True, unfortunatly GDC}>Some people, on the other hand, could loose their jobs if GDC}>their governmental employees found out they had any occult GDC}>interest what-so-ever. & some government employees are paid a bonus for the "attraction" to the occult. GDC}>Where is (404)? Atlanta GA GDC}>Again, like I mentioned to Phil, how do THEY know YOU are GDC}>not some government funded BBS who wants names and GDC}>addresses. The trust thing has to go both ways. True, the trust goes both ways. But then, unlike most boards here, i don't require people to mail in copies of their drivers licence. Nor do i request social security numbers << like certain boards require >>. As i stated the only things i ask are name, phone number, address & magickal interests. Now, if i really had the energy, i could verify that they actually lived where they said they did, and the phone number given is their actual phone number. I could then go on to verify &/or obtain employment data etc. But doing that is a lot of hassle for me. Actually, i have been considering throwing out the request for their address. Given a person's phone number, i can get the rest of the info easilly enough, if i realy find i need it. GDC}>I agree that we need more truth and integrety in society. GDC}>It is the mistrust perpetuated by 'the powers that be' that GDC}>sometimes makes it difficult to tell the truth in the first GDC}>place. Actually, i suspect the loss of integrity began when people were first paid to lie. & if one's job is to tell lies, or incomplete truths, the loss of truth and integrity is that much more towards being an absolute universal. 93 jonathon * SLMR 2.1a * Coming Soon. Mouse Support for Turbo Edlin! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718