From: Gerald Del Campo Area: RPSTOVAL To: Edward Wolfe 9 Jun 92 00:12:18 Subject: Re: continuation: Thelema and Politics Rec'd UpdReq In a message dated 24 May 92 13:42:34, Edward Wolfe wrote: EW> The Electoral College, as the sum of it's parts, is simply damned. EW> To say it is run by a bunch of idiots, would perhaps be an undeserved EW> compliment. If there is one thing our Order does not have, it is a EW> just political body that is genuinely concerned with the precepts of EW> Thelema. Hmmm. On what experience do you base this grim view of the EC? Do you know who they are? EW> These days it is best to learn Thelema not from our "illustrious" EW> Caliph or the Electoral College, but from the honest folk (and truth EW> seekers) that are drawn to the Order by the ideals they believe it to EW> uphold. You say "These days", but I think it has alway been thus. I still enquire about your knowledge of our "illustrious leader" and of the Electoral College. Opinions such as yours can only be taken serious if one has either experience or knowledge of what he or she says...care to enlighten me? EW> In truth, however, it's not the higher ups that have the freedom. EW> It's the lower ranks of the Man of Earth triad. They are not yet EW> "dynamic", and can blend in amongst the ranks, being partially ignored EW> as "just another minerval" (or first, etc). If you are mistreated or ignored as just another Minerval or First, perhaps you should check out other OTO bodies, as this seems to me, to be a local problem. I have not witnessed that kind of behavior where I was "brought up": it simply is not tolerated. EW> And being relatively unimportant, they can pretty much be themselves, EW> having no Ego to appease... This is quite an assumption, considering that 9 out of 10, it is the Ego that brings candidates to the Order, of course; the drive for Truth is a big player in the whole process as well. Anyway, my experience is the reverse of what you say; perhaps travelling a bit to see how other bodies handle themselves would be a rewarding experience. EW> It's sad to point out, that even in the Order, _OUR ORDER_, the will EW> of the mass has begun to stifle the will of the individual. However, EW> hope is not lost... Time brings change. Or should, at any rate. Could you explain this? The Order has a responsibility to ALL of its members. Should the Order allow one or two individuals to destroy the harmony of the rest of the membership? Do you consider this UnThelemic? Love is the Law. Gerald EW> -wolfe EW> EW> ... The Pen that Executes the Judgement of the Sword EW> --- Blue Wave/Max v2.00 [NR] EW> * Origin: BaphoNet-by-the-Sea: 718/499-9277 (0:0/0.0) EW> SEEN-BY: 102/943 203/444 349/7 1000/1 2000/1 3000/1 9000/1 9400/0 EW> ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718