From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: The Cegorach 3 Aug 97 09:03:14 Subject: ASTRO STUFF UpdReq Re 93 Ceg! > I'm mostly trying to come to grips with the houses and signs thang; I > feel I have at least a "better-than-dunce" understanding of Elements, > and of Planets; I take the planets to be the sub-minds as Josh calls > 'em. I'm progressing (pun?) a bit better in my understanding since I've > found an astro prog. that talks in these terms. Astro-Psych 101? Hey, kewl deal! What program is that? Do they make em for Mac's? I don't have an astrology program at all NEmore, and gave up on the "Math Method" in disgust, after doing the 'important' charts, ie, mine, Raist's, and Hel's. Oyah, ran one on Raist's dad at one point too. It did give me a hugely added respect for Ye Astrologers Of Olde--mathematicians all! Blows my mind! Spoze it was a very good learning experience/exercise in self-discipline for a mathphobe like moi to sit there and *calculate*. Wouldn't mind getting another computer program tho. Lost my last one when I upgraded the system software--incompatible--and never bothered to look for another. Just looking at where the planets are in the ephemeris and calculating for GST/wherever the person was born can give a fairly--sometimes surprisingly!--accurate general pic as well. Question: if planets are 'sub-minds,' what are the elements? What are the houses? Just 'situational verbs' or something? I've never heard of this 'sentence diagramming' method, & it's caught my fancy, so if you'd like to expound further, I'm all eyes! :> > I even kinda think I've got the planets in signs bit down--not an > expert, mind you, but if I think of the planet as a sub-mind, and the > sign as an adverb, than I can construct a sentence such that "Moon in > Aries" reads/translates to "that part of myself that deals with moods > manifests itself vigorously". Sounds like a keen way to look at it. I guess I think of em similarly, just w/o the 'parts of speech' thang--but I diggit, & wanna hear more! > Signs are still a bit beyond this "sentence diagram" metaphor as of > yet; I'm looking for the appropriate "part of speech" to map them as. I thought the signs were adverbs? Maybe sometimes verbs, ie, Moon in Aries = if you hurt my feelings, I'll bitch-slap you into the next county? };> j/k! If you develop this further, please do share; I'm intrigued. :> 93 93/93 RD 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718