From: The Cegorach Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 26 Apr 97 08:17:00 Subject: Original OTO rits UpdReq -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to The Cegorach <=- RD> 93 again Ceg! > I'm aware that AC reworked/rewrote the rituals, not just to avoid > infringing > upon UGLE territory, but also because the aims/ideals are different, > after all. RD> RD> I've often wondered how much rewriting was involved...was it just a RD> matter of "Thelemicizing," so to speak, or a complete "job," or what? RD> Also wondered if the original O.T.O. init rituals were sufficiently RD> similar so that they're "confidential," or whether they'd be available RD> for perusal. If the latter, I'd surely like to see em...have to be RD> translation tho. German is NOT one of the languages I have even a RD> *passing* familiarity with...other than the Ode to Joy, of course! :> They're on the Internet, in English--the Reuss rits, that is. So're English rits that I assumed to be early Crowley rits from what Bill said about them-- I think they were transcriptions from King's book. I've not delved into them because I want to go further within OTO, and it seems to me this would spoil the surprise, and perhaps diminish the psycho- logical effect of the rits. I *do* wonder, as noted above; I just haven't yet indulged that curiousity. -:) Fraternally, Larry 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718