From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: The Cegorach 13 Apr 97 12:36:34 Subject: WILHELM REICH, ROBERT ANT UpdReq 93 Ceg, Are you on a Mission from God to single-handedly restore the NuitNet echos to their former glory? ;> Just noticed you've been, like, posting a LOT lately! >RD> _Nature's God_ was I think the 2nd of the trilogy tho > Historical Illuminatus? About Cagliostro and Masonry? Or maybe > Schroedinger's Cat.... Yah, Historical Illuminatus would be da one. :> > Just finished another Templar book(a subject of which I will *never* tire), > _Magick Without Tears_, _Cosmic Trigger III_, _Moonchild_, and _Prometheus > Rising_. Now working on _Ishtar Rising_ (also RAWilson), re-reading _Modern > Magick_ to revamp my rit work, an Astral Projection book, a nutrition book, > Nietzche's _Thus Spake Zarathustra_, and a book on psychedelic > shamanism which includes a lot of how-to-grow instructions. Fun, fun, fun. I've > got some Tim Leary on order, too.... Whew, that's a LOTTA reading! I've been grabbing old'uns outa the boxes lately; lotsa Golden Dawn stuff, for some reason!, German Masonic stuff--I'm interested in the history of the 'pre-Crowley O.T.O.' and wish I could find *more* in English by Karl Kellner, he's aces!--along with Rabelais and Pearl Buck and Anthony Burgess and miscellaneous weirded-out school-type stuff. ;> Recommend a good Templar book? Or two or ten? ;> > Moonchild was fun to read because of the fun in trying to pick out which > characters were caricatures or based on which historical figures; I > still don't > have 'em all figured out, but the principle characters of the Golden Dawn > are hilariously lampooned--of course, we know AC couldn't resist poking fun > at A.E. Waite. -:) I didn't really like the way the book ended, though; > rather anti-climactic, I thought--didn't seem to *go* anywhere, after all > this wonderful romping around, discussing OTO/AA work, making fun of > the GD, > and building up the Moonchild operation, it just sorted ended. Oh, well. *Everyone* in _Moonchild_ was based on somebody, yes? "Arthwaite" was a HOOT indeed...there were times when I LOL'd fer-real reading the Arthwaite passages! Gates was Yeats, SRMD was...SRMD! ;>, hmm, it's been a while, can't remember who everyone was! The Honorable Everard Fielding was Lord Antony Bowling; I'm purdy sure I remember Eusapia Palladino being baShed around a bit in there somewhere, and Madame "Horos" I *thnk* was the 'American woman' who turned "Lisa's" head; Lisa of course being Virakam, and the young "Turk" she ran away with being Veli Bey--wazzat his name?--the dude Mary Desti married after breaking with AC; also the "Turk" whose "Harem" "our Beloved Sister Virakam" entered "at the suggestion of the Master," per _Book Four_ and Soror Agatha 's note. :> Would Sister Cypris--she waS in there, waSn't she?--be Ninette? Brother Onofrio--hmm, dunno! Any ideas? Who'd we miss? LOL! Yah, it did sorta just "end"...can't remember when the "Net" was written--would it've been arouind the time AC & Virakam were splitting for good? Maybe he just got sick of writing about her ::shrug::. Oyah, and of course, whatshisname--BaSil?--waS Frater P.:, while Simon Iff represented the Master Therion, & Isadora Duncan was uhm, I forget the name he used. How'd you like _The DiaRy of a Drug Fiend_? Same general Thelemic Overview, but it seemed more like a *book* I think, with ye olde beginning, middle, & end. ;> > General stuff to Warp Yer Head. Like, pretend you're a Nazi; argue the case > for racial cleansing. Then, the next exercise, pretend you're a Jew; refute > your previous argument. Or, go to a bar, get *really* drunk, and begin > calling everyone in the room "assholes", at first affectionately, then > belligerently; note their reactions. First couplea thangs sound like standard beginners' resolution of opposites thangz; the latter--LOL! I don't need to note their reactions, I caN imagine them sufficiently well, and probably from accurate memory in my younger, wilder daze! =:o > I actually liked the edited version of SiaSL better, as it contained > Heinlein's > definition of love (not in the original), which I think is *the* > best def ever, > and runs something like, "Love is when the object of your affection > has to be happy for you to be happy." So damned simple a def.... You've read both versions then? Hmmm...what kinda stuff was cut in the originally-published opus? WaSn't it like, 75,000 words given the axe or something? I remember trying to feature *which* "offensive in 1960" passages could've been excised without completely destroying the narrative! Owell. ttyl! 93 93/93 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Cegorach Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 14 Apr 97 22:41:00 Subject: Moonchild UpdReq -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to The Cegorach <=- RD> 93 Ceg, RD> RD> Are you on a Mission from God to single-handedly RD> restore the NuitNet echos to their former glory? ;> Just noticed RD> you've been, like, posting a LOT lately! >RD> _Nature's God_ was I think the 2nd of the trilogy tho > Historical Illuminatus? About Cagliostro and Masonry? Or maybe > Schroedinger's Cat.... RD> RD> Yah, Historical Illuminatus would be da one. :> RD> Whew, that's a LOTTA reading! I've been grabbing old'uns outa the RD> boxes lately; lotsa Golden Dawn stuff, Me too. RD> for some reason!, German Masonic stuff--I'm interested in the history RD> of the 'pre-Crowley O.T.O.' and wish I could find *more* in English by Me three. RD> Karl Kellner, he's aces!--along with Rabelais and Pearl Buck and RD> Anthony Burgess and miscellaneous weirded-out school-type stuff. ;> RD> Recommend a good Templar book? Or two or ten? ;> They're *all* good. (grin) Something I've often wondered about--I'm sufficiently convinced that Freemasonry is a direct descendant of the Knights Templar, and has little or nothing to do with medieval stone masons (who apparently didn't wear aprons, lambskin or no), and that OTO was originally Masonic in character. I'm aware that AC reworked/rewrote the rituals, not just to avoid infringing upon UGLE territory, but also because the aims/ideals are different, after all. And yet I can't help but wonder why, if (per Order 'mythological' history), the Templars *did* engage in sex magick/alchemy via the Assassins/Sufis, why'd they all get burned at the stake? I mean, they don't seem to have been very *good* at it.... Anyway, _Moonchild_: RD> *Everyone* in _Moonchild_ was based on somebody, yes? "Arthwaite" was I thought so, but wasn't sure. RD> a HOOT indeed...there were times when I LOL'd fer-real reading the RD> Arthwaite passages! Gates was Yeats, SRMD was...SRMD! ;>, hmm, it's RD> been a while, can't remember who everyone was! The Honorable Everard RD> Fielding was Lord Antony Bowling; I'm purdy sure I remember Eusapia I'm afraid you're much better at this than me. Damn! My pedantry's getting rusty! Who's Fielding? Can't remember, though it sounds familiar. RD> Palladino being baShed around a bit in there somewhere, and Madame Who the hell is that? RD> Would Sister Cypris--she waS in RD> there, waSn't she?--be Ninette? Who's Ninette? Another "on the tip of my mind".... Brother Onofrio--hmm, dunno! Any ideas? I thought Onofrio would be George Cecil Jones. RD> Who'd we miss? LOL! Yah, it did sorta just "end"...can't remember when RD> the "Net" was written--would it've been arouind the time AC & Virakam RD> were splitting for good? Maybe he just got sick of writing about her RD> ::shrug::. Oyah, and of course, whatshisname--BaSil?--waS Frater P.:, RD> while Simon Iff represented the Master Therion, & Isadora Duncan was RD> uhm, I forget the name he used. How'd you like _The DiaRy of a Drug RD> Fiend_? Same general Thelemic Overview, but it seemed more like a RD> *book* I think, with ye olde beginning, middle, & end. ;> I've already forgotten the character name, but Allan Bennett was in there, too, as the Buddhist monk--maybe the Mahatmara Phang (I know I spelled the first name wrong.) Loved _Diary_. Perhaps _Moonchild_ was written as he and Virakam broke up; that would certainly be consistent with the way the novel just falls apart at the end.... > General stuff to Warp Yer Head. Like, pretend you're a Nazi; argue the case > for racial cleansing. Then, the next exercise, pretend you're a Jew; refute > your previous argument. Or, go to a bar, get *really* drunk, and begin > calling everyone in the room "assholes", at first affectionately, then > belligerently; note their reactions. RD> RD> First couplea thangs sound like standard beginners' resolution of RD> opposites thangz; the latter--LOL! I don't need to note their RD> reactions, I caN imagine them sufficiently well, and probably from RD> accurate memory in my younger, wilder daze! =:o His exercises got much better, I thought; those were just quickie examples. I'll dig up some of the real ones. -:) Larry 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Cegorach Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 14 Apr 97 22:54:00 Subject: Post! Post! Post! UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to The Cegorach <=- RD> 93 Ceg, RD> RD> Are you on a Mission from God to single-handedly RD> restore the NuitNet echos to their former glory? ;> Just noticed RD> you've been, like, posting a LOT lately! Funny; Nina just discovered the movie _The Blues Brothers_ (my 2nd all-time favorite; 2nd only to _The Godfather Saga_), and watched it a bazillion times this last week. As for posting volume--well, hell, this is how I *always* was; I just slowed down because the Shit Hit the Fan on the homefront. Now that the fan's clean, damn the torpedos, full speed ahead! Fraternally, Larry Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718