From: The Cegorach Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 4 Apr 97 16:01:00 Subject: Time flies... UpdReq -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to The Cegorach <=- RD> 93, > Dear God--can it really have been *three years*...? RD> RD> It surely does fly...was looking back at my dates of inititions & such RD> & musing along similar lines recently. RD> RD> Speaking of "being reminded"...you never did tell me about yer teevee RD> interview. What was that about? RD> RD> 93 93/93 Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. As you may or may not know, the tensions between myself and my wife concerning the conflicts of our respective points-of-view (I'm an INFP, she's an ESTJ-- that's right, all *four* opposite) climaxed shortly after I took 0/I--God's way of mocking me for mocking God, I suppose, for thinking "none of that silly after-initiation catastrophe crap is gunna happen to *me*". I should've known better, I really should've, but as they say, the more I learn, the less I realize I know. Any way, when she found I'd been to see Paul--before realizing that I'd taken 0/I, that is, just realizing that I'd been there socially--she threw away all my occult stuff--thus the original black Tau robe perished. Needless to say, I didn't take too kindly to this, but being the passive- aggressive type, it took a full weekend of stewing for the effects to filter down to this plane, and we got into an argument over who was going to take the car that ended up with me hitting her to force her out of the car. Well, the cops came and picked me up at work a few hours later, and I spent 36 hours in jail, and 9 months in a court-ordered counselling program. Funny how much more effective yoga is when it's court-ordered; I found myself forced to confront some issues, and developed some new techniques for dealing with anger, etc. Not surprisingly, I initially resented the DOSE program, but soon realized that I was rather quick-tempered, especially when Certain Issues came up, and that losing control to my anger wasn't doing me a damn bit of good--seems to me like I might as well be giving control of my mind to someone else completely if I'm going to let anger make my decisions, which goes to show that perhaps the Io wasn't completely wasted on me. -:) Anyway, I completed the program, and was somewhat pleasantly surprised when the director of the program asked if I'd be interested in doing an interview on the program for the local TV station--she figured I'd be a good chap to interview, being rather articulate, and of course, flattery will get you everywhere, -:), so how could I resist? They're seeking to expand the DOSE program to deal more effectively with the issue of domestic violence in Wake County--the program hopes to instill non-violent attitudes in the participants, but focuses upon practical techniques--if the attitudes percolate through, so much the better. :) The practical upshot, for me, is that my relationship with my wife has improved dramatically--we've both realized how silly some of our habits are, and both her aggressiveness, and my passive-aggressiveness, have been toned down, so that we can now talk civilly about things that we disagree about... such as OTO. Thus, while she still sees OTO in a less-than-favourable light--how's *that* for euphemism?--we've agreed to disagree; she's made my black Tau robe, and we're almost finished with the white EGC one, for example, knowing full well what they're for; I've spent lots o' money on books lately, without fear that they'll be dumpster food. I've stopped antagonizing her deliberately on other scores, too. I suppose I'm not really talking about the interview per se that much, so to return to it, I suppose that I see it almost as a magickal ritual--mostly to help spread the word and get them additional funding, but there are other, personal, aspects to it as well; a public declaration that I Shall Not Lose My Bloody Temper, no matter what the circumstances, almost like an Oath.... Love is the law, love under will. Larry 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718