From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: Frater M.'. O.'. M.'. 11 Jan 95 10:27:24 Subject: Re: CALL WASTING... UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Well, glad to inspire a laugh, one way or another.... :) Yes, again, that's what yer beautiful high ascii looks like by the time it gets to me! ;> What does the M.'.O.'.M.'. stand for? I'm not sure if you ever said...unless of course, you don't *wanna* say! > Oh, I believe it. For me, the *70 doesn't work. Go figure. Must be > the daemons in *my* puter prefer one way, yer daemons have different > tastes, that's all. This is a Grand Mystery that relates both to that > sub-variant of Murphy's Law (It always works for the repairman) and > the Christeos Pir-inciple. To wit, hast thou made the appropriate > offerings to your Holy Guardian Electrons of late? Actually, that's one Mystery I understand...your computer daemons are set for pulse dialing <11> and my computer daemons are set for tone dialing <*>. At least that's what Ms. Bell tells me. Uhm, offerings...well, I havent' dusted the computer in a while.... > Tired as hell, hurried, no time for much of anything but Burger > F***ing King. Still chugging away through _A True and Faithful > Relation_, Thelema Lodge Calendars, and _Collected Works of Aleister > Crowley, Vols. I-III_. Got all the TLC's...want the Casaubon!...have Volume I of CWAC, not quite 'ready' for Vols. II or III yet. I think all the rain and flooding's got me down! Had any snow in Caroline? > works. Now I'm running a multi-node BBS, putting out limited > advertising again. Really, all the damned memory configuration/com > port/IRQ juggling plus trying to bludgeon my way through Windoze has > been devouring my time. Keep putting off asana work. Keep putting > off pentagram rits. Keep putting off complete sentences, too. :) Kewl deal on the bbs upgrades! :> I'm putting off mundane work...leaving it till the last possible minute and then making myself crazy by doing nothing else seems to work best for me...either that, or it makes a handy excuse to screw off. I'm 'preparing' for my next init--getting to be a short-timer now--mostly by alternately forgetting all about it, then worrying like hell, repeat cycle, etc., ad infenitem, ad nauseum. :/ Heh! Don'tcha love those wild swings from one extreme to another? ;> > Actually, the prose style above rather mirrors the terse, staccato > feel of my life at the moment. At work, we're running a $.99 Whopper > promotion, which means about six times the normal business, with half > the normal employees. Suprised I have time to *breathe*, much less > spend hours plooking around with modems and Windoze and BBS > software...next month, 4 megs more plus an additional line, > hopefully...and perhaps some sleep. :) I'm theoretically working on an article about computer games...should be a piece of cake...plug in, play, write about it. I can't seem to get past the plug in and play part though! LOL...was doing Merc at Dawn this morning, and the only communicating I seem to be interested in is responding to posts. Sigh...maybe it's just a phaze. Either that, or I'm plain lazy. I'm leaning toward theory #2 at the moment! Maybe you should hold off on the extra line till you get some crash time? And maybe *I* should hold off on the games till I get some *work* done! Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718