From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: Christeos Pir 8 Jan 95 11:22:18 Subject: Re: 7TH GRADE UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Hmph... Jaz better get boys out of her head and school back into her > priorities -- she brought home an "interim" the other day: she has a > 32% average in Social Studies, including four 0%s for assignments not > turned in. We had a LONG and tearful 'chat.' If you lived out this-a-way, I'd home school her too--when we went to the Space Theater for the 'home study field trip,' everyone there was doing the h-s thang, and there were a couple Christian groups where one or two of the parents taught a whole group of kids . We could borrow the concept, get a Thelemic Home Study going. LOL--bet they could get credit for 'Cooking Class' by preparing their own Cakes o' Light. Tam sez to tell you that she had a *1%* in Social Studies *and* English during her final daze at public school, so never fear, cuz Tam's doing ace now, and I'm sure Jaz will too. Words of Wisdom from TR: "One day she will be able to mix boys *and* school, and do fine with both." Guess she should know--she's 'Above Grade Level' in every subject, and has a cute boyfriend. > Mighty white of him. But you're in SoCal, you shouldn't need heat! I've been here a long time; my blood's got thin. :/ We're still trying to recover from storms and flooding, and trees getting blown over in the road. Since I'm on the first floor of an apt. building, at least the roof doesn't leak! Maybe the landlord will fix my oven for, uhm, Valentine's Day or something. Tam's getting her own check for the portion of the home study article she wrote; she's also getting new assignments. The night before my IInd init, she's scheduled to interview a local band, which means late and then early. I'm already frantic! ;> She'll have plenty of her own $$ to spend on stupid things, though...she'll even have to pay her own taxes in '96...ROTF! Wonder if home study would give her a credit for Math, for figuring her own deductions? };> > It's been in the teens overnight the last couple of nights, with highs > in the low 30's. Less windchill, of course. I used to be able to handle that kinda weather, but I'm a wuss now! > No, it's all she can do just to keep her own shit together. (Can you > tell I'm still irritated/disappointed?) Hey, I had a kid go from Honor Roll to flunking, ditching, and a big "At Risk" stamp on her file seemingly overnight...it was actually the interim between the final year of elementary school and the first year of middle school. She's pulling it together now; Jas will too. I think it's one of those normal stages of development that makes parents want to put their fists thru walls. > Qool deal. If I get stuck, can I get you to send me a copy of your > Chakra 101 series for the newsletter? Sure...let me know if yer stuck. ;> >RD> Ashburn's near Dulles, eh? Kewl! :> You can pick us up at the >RD> airport? ;> > > No prob... just say when! Ok...we do have a lot of pennies in that jar by the gun safe.... ;> Did you ever get our Yule card/care package? Everything we mailed outside Kali-fornia seems to have fallen into the Abyss this year. :/ Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718