From: Fir Area: THE_OASIS To: Taltos 27 Oct 94 20:31:02 Subject: THOUGHTFUL MUSINGS UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. TT> P.S. Warning - It's long :) You weren't kidding! TT> go along, lead me to realize that there really is only one TT> truth, and that all truths are equally valid. While I agree that all truths are equal and valid, I don't necessarily agree that they're all the same, or that all paths lead to the same destination. On the other hand I have no problem with saying that Buddha and Jesus and Mohammed and etc. are all manifestations of the same energy. TT> If several generators working together can produce massive charges TT> of electricity, should not then several peole performing the same TT> ritual, with the same goals, be able to achieve that much more? You know I'm basically a solitary at heart so this statement, which I come across often enough, tends to get my hackles up. Still I do have to agree with you! TT> I believe the key here TT> is the Deacon. This person must be in a position to see, feel, touch TT> and understand the energies being produced by both sides, join TT> them, and emanate them to all the participants. Sounds like a question for the Hriliu echo. I have a few questions for Tau myself about the Deacon's role. I wonder, at public events, how many people realize they're supposed to be putting energy behind what the ritualists are doing? Well on to your continuation post... Love is the law, love under will. Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fir Area: THE_OASIS To: Taltos 27 Oct 94 20:40:02 Subject: THOUGHTFUL MUSINGS #2 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. TT> to keep them together. When I attend a Mass, I can feels this same TT> type of manifestation in many forms. A sense of overwhelming love, TT> passion, heat, and pressure, to name a few. Yep, the E.G.C. Gnostic Mass is a beauty of a ritual! TT> understand ourselves. To understand ourselves, we must TT> understand the TT> world around us, include the others we share it with, science, Ya know, you could probably get Josh Norton engaged in a conversation about not shutting out the outside world but rather that you are a part of it. (Is that you grinning CP?) TT> The Thelemics who concentrate so much on TT> their own will, that they forget to anylize how their will TT> affects others around them. Good point. TT> To look at every phase and facet of TT> my life and my interactions with others, and attempt to achieve TT> a balance. Sounds like something a Libra would say . Thanks for posting some thought provoking stuff Tal. Love is the law, love under will. Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718