From: Captain Rock Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 9 Apr 94 13:31:30 Subject: Re: . UpdReq Mystics from on high have received clear images of Melissa Bech writing to Captain Rock: MB> I like the idea of trying to show strangers a good time. It MB> puts me MB> in mind of the ancient temples, or at least what I've read of MB> them, MB> and the priests and priestesses one might encounter there. I'm afraid that my intent wasn't quite as altruistic as that. I meant that I play music, and whomever walks in, my job is to be as entertaining as possible. MB> I really DID do PR for a living. I really did get TMJ. MB> Ironic, but MB> true. Life imitates art. Excuse me... TMJ? MB> Hey! Spill the beans! Do you presently have recordings MB> available MB> that I could run out to the store and purchase, or do you have MB> a distributor of some kind? I usually only buy music recorded MB> by MB> people I know personally (and signed, first edition books by MB> friends). I've made two albums to date with two different groups, but I really wouldn't recommend buying them... I think they both suck, and in fact, no song from either of them ever became a hit. Please wait a few months, until I can release my latest efforts (the album and movie I mentioned before). They'll be worth it, and widely available because I intend to release them on a "sort-of" shareware principle, meaning that I don't mind copies, although anyone who wants 1st generation copies will naturally have to come to me. I'll be sending tapes of the movie to PBS's all over the USA along with permission to wear them out in any way they see fit, and the CD's and tapes will be sold with the same lack of conditions on their use. That probably sounds crazy and/or stupid to some people, but I have a feeling that with the fame I should get for this, greater opportunities will present themselves. MB> I'm on a budget! Tell me about it! =Rock= 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Skeeve 11 Apr 94 21:18:00 Subject: Re: . UpdReq -=> Quoting Skeeve to Melissa Bech <=- MB> The twelve steps have a lot of "god" references in them, and they MB> are based on spiritual principles. I worked on a committee a Sk> How can I get a copy of this????? I would definitely be interested! There is a book called "It Works: How and Why" put out by Narcotics Anonymous in which some of the "god" words have been changed to reflect more open-minded spirituality. I don't have their address, but usually there is a phone number for them in the phone book or you could call directory assistance and get the number for the NA world service office in Van Nuys, Calif. This particular book discusses the 12 steps and 12 traditions (which are similar in a lot of other 12 step type programs). Let me know if you have problems getting the info, and I'll call my friends and get the address or something. ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718