From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Irv Koch 27 Mar 94 12:37:00 Subject: Re: TWISTED UpdReq -=> Quoting Irv Koch to Melissa Bech <=- IK> Right. Grendel FEEDS the other PODS boards in Seattle. If he goes IK> they're dead. I thought SidheMail was getting it's feed from Baphonet or somewhaers. You know how these rumors are! IK> Setting up a POINT is about half the work as setting up a board. IK> OTOH, setting up a board if you have someone else's to do a copy of IK> and then change is reasonable. I would be interested in learning about this. Guess I'll have to actually do SOME work! IK> CAW is Church of All Worlds. Oh, that's what I thought you meant, but I like to be certain with acronyms and initials and whatnot. I haven't gotten around to reading more than 10 per cent of the stuff Grendel carries, so I haven't even noticed if we get it here. Also, I have only figured out the Email thing on internet so far... So, are you folks members of CAW or simply supportive? I met Otter and MG at Ancient Ways a few years ago, they seemed very pleasant, but we didn't get a chance to talk about their church much. I've seen a few issues of Green Egg in the past year or so, some of the articles were pretty interesting, though I have a personal distaste for advertising for Craft products/skills - part of my childhood training. I suppose it's necessary to accept ads to publish, though. I imagine they have a disclaimer that they do not necessarily endorse these advertisers and so on... I'd be interested in learning more about how the CAW nest thing works. I just found out a few months ago that it's based somewhat on the SISL book by Heinlein. I read it when I was in high school, only because I was dating his nephew and it was "required", but I hated it at the time. I wonder if things have changed in 23 years? ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Malkuvio 27 Mar 94 12:43:00 Subject: Re: TWISTED UpdReq -=> Quoting Malkuvio to Melissa Bech <=- Ma> Not too selfish. Rather generous and compassionate. The Dali-Lama Ma> would be proud. I think your access to the board could be construed as Ma> being good Karma, with immediate return. I found out the Tibetan Buddhist belief in getting points for doing good can work instantly, so, when my friend told me that, which immediately preceded her request that I act as her attendant while she did a month long meditation, purification in preparation for taking her next level of vows (she's a nun at the temple here), I took advantage of the situation. I didn't do all that much, but the delight I took in the thought of a Priestess of Aphrodite waiting on a celibate Tibetan Buddhist nun, and what the interfaith council would make of it was worth it... Ma> Reincarnation. The hard part is admiting I screwed up. I keep trying Ma> to stop, but when I receive a return message, I can't help but dig a Ma> little deeper. Rrrr. Maybe If I Ignore IT.... got a lot smarter when I found out just how many names fit into the twit filters...now, if someone seems to take me wrong, I don't bother trying to straighten it out, I just twit them til I forget why... ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Captain Rock 27 Mar 94 21:34:00 Subject: Re: . UpdReq -=> Quoting Captain Rock to Melissa Bech <=- CR> Somehow, "Assassins" doesn't appeal to me... I'm not a celebrity, but CR> I have a lot in common with them, meaning that I try my best to show CR> strangers a good time and have no reason to want to hurt anyone. In CR> other words, that synopsis hits a little too close to home with me. I like the idea of trying to show strangers a good time. It puts me in mind of the ancient temples, or at least what I've read of them, and the priests and priestesses one might encounter there. CR> If only I could see your expressions and hear your inflections; one CR> moment, I take your words at face value, and the next, I find that CR> you were being ironic. I really DID do PR for a living. I really did get TMJ. Ironic, but true. Life imitates art. CR> I see. For some reason, I had thought that it was some sort of CR> religious philosophy. Thank you. The twelve steps have a lot of "god" references in them, and they are based on spiritual principles. I worked on a committee a couple of years ago to re-write some of the literature to eliminate the monotheistic, male god images, or at least make the references to higher power simply that. CR> Bars and parties, and we're working on an album and a movie. Hey! Spill the beans! Do you presently have recordings available that I could run out to the store and purchase, or do you have a distributor of some kind? I usually only buy music recorded by people I know personally (and signed, first edition books by friends). I'm on a budget! ... "Good Evening...Enter freely, and of your own will..." 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718