From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Irv Koch 17 Mar 94 23:03:00 Subject: Re: TWISTED UpdReq -=> Quoting Irv Koch to Melissa Bech <=- IK> Thanks! He was the main hub. If he'd gone down, the whole region IK> would have been knocked out. I've got people off the Internet version IK> of CAW looking for a PODS board (he's the Regional Hub for that) in IK> Seattle .... Thankyou thankyou. No problem. I feel like using someone's board is a service worth contributing to. I wish I knew my way around the Internet a little better, I have an account, but only have done private mail so far. There is another board in Seattle called SidheMail but I'll have to rummage around for their number if you want it. They get all the same stuff as Grendel, so I bet they're a PODS deal too, huh? I really know very little about this. I was thinking of trying to learn how to do a small scale board, just for fun. What exactly is an Internet version of CAW, anyhow? ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Malkuvio 17 Mar 94 23:21:00 Subject: Re: TWISTED UpdReq -=> Quoting Malkuvio to Melissa Bech <=- Ma> Yeah, that's been the theme for a while here lately. I Ma> resumed interest in the Chaos Magic scene after talking to people Ma> about Tolkien rituals. I guess that's what I've been doing, but I Ma> wasn't aware it had a name. Not Tolkien Rituals, just the Chaos Magic I still haven't figured out exactly what it is, but it makes sense on a certain level. But, I'm not looking to get hooked up with any groups, no matter how loosely structured, at this point. Ma> stuff. Serpents and fire, huh? Sounds like another earth-fire Ma> sign to me. I'm, like, Taurus and junk, so like, how 'bout you? How Ma> seventies. But seriously, the question's valid. My friends are almost I apologize for invoking the seventies, even indirectly. Leo, TAurus husband. You got it... Ma> all Taurines or Geminis. No Leos, how strange..... Glad Ma> you bribed Grendel. That's a good way of saying you're supporting his Ma> habit. Of course, that keeps the flow to you open, too.... Hmmmmm. That's true, it was very selfish of me to give money to Grendel so I could continue to use his service. It is kind of him to offer it, and I can contribute only a fraction of what I see as it's value to me. Instead of buying a high-speed modem and so on, I am using that money to keep his thing going til he goes off to school. By then I may have enough information to take over on a much smaller scale, and I'll just save up for the equipment I need. I don't know enough now to do that, so I'm buying time, and I'll just have to be patient about getting the other things I want. The ability to "talk" with people on an immediate basis is very valuable to me, even when we're arguing. Ma> Ohhh Gawd! That's what Kitana calls me! Just once I's like to not Ma> have everyone I know do the same things around me. Too much Ma> synchronicity is un-nerving. . Jasper Hey! It was a joke! (but I do feel that synchronized Malkuvio-naming could become a major event at pagan festivals everywhere). ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Raistlynne Area: THE_OASIS To: Colin 19 Mar 94 21:26:46 Subject: NEW HANDLE UpdReq Hello, Colin. This is..heh..Tami Rose. Recall me? This is my new handle. You may wish to write it down, it's sort of hard to remember at times. I just wanted to warn you, so that you wouldn't write to me under my real name any longer. Have a nice day!!!! Raistlynne. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Captain Rock 20 Mar 94 20:49:00 Subject: Re: . UpdReq -=> Quoting Captain Rock to Melissa Bech <=- CR> You're welcome. I'm not sure what alternative theatre is, unless CR> you mean such things as the spoof you described (which sounds great). CR> Who or what is Sondheim? I like the variety of musical interests you mention. Alternative theatre is what is done by folks who are a little on the edge of mainstream in their esthetic, yes the spoof was part of that type of theatre. Sondheim is a guy who writes just about every musical on Broadway. He is the show tunes version of Philip Glass. Knows three or four notes and uses some naughty themes in his songs. I am afraid I never was fond of him but his latest show "Assassins" is a MUSICAL about people who killed or attempted to kill celebrities. CR> IDIC, ya know? We all have to go with our respective long suits... CR> if yours isn't PR, then you've got no choice but to help yourself CR> and others in other ways. I don't mean to sound preachy, but I CR> guess that did come off that way. Really, I'm applauding your brass. I did PR for a living for a while. Got tempo-mandibular jaw syndrome from smiling too much... CR> I've heard the term, "twelve step", but I've no idea as to what it CR> means. You sound like a good person to know. Twelve-step refers to the step outlined by such programs as Alcoholics Anonymous and others to work toward healthier living. MB> Did I tell you about sending vinyl to Bosnia? I don't keep MB> copies MB> of what I write... CR> No, I don't think so... why, are they having a vinyl shortage there? Nope. I had a friend in the Red Cross who went there, and met some dudes in the music industry (I don't talk too much about his specific- ally, since they could be at risk) who, when she asked them if there was anything she could do for them, told her simply "we would love to have an autograph from Pearl Jam". So, I got a bunch of the Seattle bands to sign stuff and send records (or CDs). We got the stuff delivered by special courier, sorta. It finally got there, after months. Imagine the look on the face of the guy who unrolls a four by eight poster, signed by all the members of the band, and t-shirts and everything. There is such hope in living for art, even in the face of such great adversity as war and starvation. We sent food and medical supplies, too, don't get me wrong. CR> I like the idea of designing clothes, but I don't have that talent. CR> Pity, really. I hardly leave the house except to play music, and CR> there aren't too many rules about how a working musician can dress, CR> so I could do the same thing otherwise. Where do you play music at? CR> Sorry it took me so long to answer you, but your reply was so long CR> that I took a few days dreading it until I worked up enough chutzpah CR> to finally sit down and do it. Whew! Hey, no problem. Sorry I wrote so much as to overwhelm. I told a musician friend of mine to check this out, she's interested in discussing modern music and my knowledge is very limited. My brief venture into MTV recently revealed a band called Crash Test Dummies which I kinda liked. ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718