From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 5 Mar 94 20:22:00 Subject: Re: :) UpdReq -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to Melissa Bech <=- 93 Rose Dawn! RD> The synchronicity is funny though, since I'd been telling you I never RD> go on runs and don't hit the scooter bars anymore...maybe I should RD> post something like: "Geee, nobody ever leaves me millions in their RD> will," or "Gosh, I've NEVER won the Publishers Clearinghouse RD> Sweepstakes!" ;> I think this is a very good idea. The same kind of synchronicity is happenin' around here, but it was along the lines of other stuff. Namely, I did get out to a couple of bars, saw some old friends and got a call from my friend the architect who has saved my life on more than one occasion. He's a great guy. Has a construction firm, too..."Architects with Hammers" it's called, or something like that. He asked if 140 K was too much to ask for his house, I said ask for 150, it sold in the first five minutes the ad was out and the people hired him to draw the addition. Be careful what you ask for... This guy is like Clark Kent...totally normal, mild mannered rich kid who somehow made good, despite all of that. I usually go along as support vehicle and official massage therapist when he and his friends do the Seattle To Portland (STP) bike ride. On bicycles. They look great in spandex. I swear, if it can't be leather, it might as well be spandex, know what I mean? RD> RD> I've gotten used to it by now. So far, still shiny. Blue-black. I RD> wouldn't think it'd go with her coloring at all, but I gather that RD> pale skin is the thang to have, to go with your black hair and black RD> lipstick. Should be a real sight when it starts growing out...blonde RD> roots for real! As is, when I see her with her friends, from the back RD> she just looks like one o'the cholitas. My girl, who is supposed to have dark hair if what they tell you in junior high biology is true about dominant traits, has blondish hair. My son has naturally black hair. People use to look at me and his step- dad and him in the store and ask how he got all that black hair. Some people can be such morons, ya know? So, me, Mother of the Year, would give them a brief lesson in the relationship of genetics and marital status of one's parents. Either that or I'd say he was stolen from the gypsies. He'd go into his pidgin Romany/yiddish routine.... RD> RD> Sounds kool. :> Empty-vee is moving "spring break" to San Diego this RD> year; they're holding auditions to get on their shows. Tam keeps RD> encouraging me to audition for the "Blind Date" thingie. I figured I'd RD> rather get a temp job manning a roach-coach push-cart and see the RD> bands that way. STP, Dig, Ratt, those kinda people are the "San Diego RD> bands" getting publicity--personally, I prefer Natasha's Ghost, but RD> they don't have a video so nobody's ever heard of em. I have only heard of most Seattle bands because they have been over to parties or whatever...I don't get out much. I don't know what the blind date thingie is, but it could be tons 'o fun, could'nt it? RD> did see some neat plays-- "Waiting For Good Dope" stands out in my RD> mind. But the "visual art" stuff was too utterly bizarre! One dude had RD> an opening at a cool gallery & I dutifully trucked on down. His RD> "masterpiece" was titled "Guernica 1992" (I think tha was the year), RD> and it was a table with a black velvet thing over it, and different RD> caliber bullets scattered across it. And a woman had a thing that was RD> supposed to be a "post-feminist" something-or-other, which was RD> spike-heeled shoes, glued to the tops of shoe boxes and spray-painted RD> silver. And the sign referred to her as the exhibit's RD> "Mother/Creator." Hello! I'm obviously missing something here. I think you have to have come of age with Judy Chicago to appreciate the Mothercreator thing. There was a period (heh, heh) where all art resembled yonic representation and blood, I thought. Maybe you just had to be trapped in the same commune as about a million radical feminist separatist left-wing terrorists... I'm going to be working on some projects (as a conceptual artist) with some local people. Besides the Braille tag-teams for graffiti art, we're gonna do some performance pieces, I think. I have become acquainted with a clever gentleman here named Blackhumour who should be a lot of fun. Oh, and the photographer who did the Melissa does sleazy drag photo shoot is now director of art for the guys who do the Magic cards, so he's too busy to get me prints, oh, well. Some things are best left in the realm of fantasy anyhow, I expect. RD> Oooooh! Sounds righteous. I'm planning on a "rose dawn" tat...a rose RD> with stem, lengthwise, with the sun coming up behind it. Silly, but RD> nice. I wish my friend Dago, a righteous tat artist and ink slinger, RD> hadn't violated his parole. :/ Owell. That tat sounds very cool, I hope you get to have it done, anyhow. Never know when a new artist will show up. We have Madame Lazonga here, who is technically the most appealing to me, but pricey. I have yet to meet someone who I want involved in my body to that extent yet, I think you get my reasons. > I was thinking of doing the snake scales in some other medium, > like scarification or branding, but, we'll see. Long term goal... RD> RD> Too intense for me. I may have wheels now, but I'm still purdy RD> pedestrian. ;> Sorry, I don't mean to offend...I have done some scarification in the form of ritual cutting (you guys were talking about one of the rituals where you prick your breast, etc. in Thelema). The scars were light, only lasted a few weeks, but it was a magical sigil and was beautiful. It's like the old fashioned way of tattooing, before they got the fast needle machines. Only it didn't hurt, because it was just the very outside epidermal layer, didn't even draw blood. Much. Okay, maybe a drop. RD> RD> RD> LOL. Secretive People On Beemers? See how this whole post cycles RD> around and comes together nicely? Powerful magick! ;> Illuminati Bavaria is a worldwide deal, I'll send you the info some time. Lots of MotoGuzzis and so forth. We'll just keep cyclin' somehow, magick will happen... Namaste! ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Malkuvio 6 Mar 94 00:18:00 Subject: RITUAL UpdReq -=> Quoting Malkuvio to Melissa Bech <=- Ma> make sense later. Is Seattle all its reputed to being? Since Pearl Ma> Jam and Nirvana, it seems that's all the Scene can talk about. I Ma> figured I'd let the furror die down before I visited. If you know, is I'd say things have calmed down considerable here in the area of make it to the top in a week bands. Seattle is a very fun place to hang out in for a while. I don't have my three day whirlwind tour memorized any more, but it includes things like graffiti art which has been featured in major motion pictures, Jimi Hendrix's high school, some good public art, famous leather bars etc. I stay out of places shaped like needles that are over three hundred feet high. There is still music worth hearing here. Couple bands I personally favor are Coventry and Sinister Six. Look for them in the tapes section of your local music store. If they don't have em, I can get em an address for the promotion companies involved. Ma> Eugene Oregon still considered the capital of certain commodities of Ma> spiritual advancement? All the way out here in Denver people say Ma> that's the best place for decent books. Ahh, I talk too much. I'm oblivious to spiritual advancement myself. But, I know a woman from Eugene who makes a really fine truffle. I always take the kind with no alcohol, being as straight as you can get and still be slightly twisted. ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718