From: Christeos Pir Area: THE_OASIS To: Jonathon Blake 26 Feb 94 04:11:14 Subject: . UpdReq -=> Jonathon Blake sent a message to Melissa Bech on 19 Feb 94 14:49:00 <=- -=> Re: . <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. JB> i am not a mysterious one So how many ARE you? Love is the law, love under will. - CP ... Thou criest like a white cat upon the roof of the Universe; 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 23 Feb 94 22:21:00 Subject: Re: :) UpdReq -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to Melissa Bech <=- RD> it too, so I know it's not a symptom of age. Try "The Jon Stewart RD> Show," he has kool musickal guests and is actually pretty RD> entertaining. (Glenn Danzig on tonight, you know where me'n'Tam will RD> be at 7 p.m.!) Dying your hair black? I had a previous engagement to watch "Tales of the City" with my neighbor...I've been watching it a lot lately. Besides "Benny and Joon", it's the one movie ever made that depicts my life almost perfectly. RD> country phase and a blues phase in there too though. Was reading an RD> article about the 'Seattle Sound' recently, the the author opined that RD> many of today's most successful groups are made up entirely of RD> nerds--I got a chuckle out of that. ;> Well, not too hard, since Seattle is made up mostly of nerds. However, not many of them were actually born here. What makes someone a nerd, anyhow, in your opinion? I used to think it was one or more of the following: Reading sci-fi, knowing too much about Star Trek, attending cons (of any kind), belonging to the SCA, planning to teach invertebrate paleontology at a major Southern University. Then, I found out that most of my friends do all but one of those things. What you drive really says a lot about you, don't you find? RD> RD> I'm feeling particularly depressed about motherhood this morning. We RD> banged heads all last night, and resolved it by headbanging together RD> instead. And last week the doc at the clinic I took her to for her flu RD> asked if I was 'an older sister' (AGAIN!). Feelings of inadequacy are RD> trying to creep in. I'm circling the wagons and shooting back, of RD> course. ;> Kendra and Nicole hate when people say "You look just like your mother!" Mostly because Nicole is not even my blood relative. I feel depressed about motherhood most of the time, since my participatiion in it has been limited to the occasional weekend and holding my little boy for six months (while his father was in classes) while he was dying of a brain tumor. I want my money back, unnastan'? RD> He seems to be chilling on that, thankfully! He *may* be going RD> overboard in the opposite direction a bit--yesterday I sent the kid RD> off for some visitation, and she came back with black hair. My baby is RD> a GOTH!!! It's actually very attractive, soft black with RD> ruddy-red highlights, but I can imagine the impact when she goes back RD> to school tomorrow. And honestly, with all the people who dye their RD> hair blonde.... Owell. I had blonde hair last year for a while (I'll send you a proof sheet from the amazing photo shoot we did...it was very pagan in theme, in one, I am dressed in hole-ey fishnets, a 1930's black foundation garment, and am holding a White-handled Flogger of Art while my spike heel is balanced carefully on the back of my neighbor.) It was just for laughs...he, he. Don't worry about having a Goth baby... they grow out of it and become Masqueraders... RD> RD> I didn't read the book--heard it as a descriptive term for those born RD> between something like '65 through '75 (??). Celibacy sounds fine at RD> the moment! Yeah, I felt like I should read the book since so many of my friends fall into the category (not to mention lovers...). It was instructive. But, I'm a big Celibacy fan (even though I'm dedicated to Aphrodite). I do periods of intentional celibacy at times to sort of get purifed and it's very peaceful and rewarding. If I hadn't met the Most Beautiful Creature on the Face of the Planet, I probably would still be at it. RD> Don't forget the 2nd Amendment Absolutist stuff. And the red hair. ;> RD> Fuel for the stereotypes. I figured you were kidding, but I did RD> manage to miss the RD> feminist-separatist-aeonically-correct-sexuality-oat-bran-ahimsa stuff RD> somehow, so I figured I'd go ahead & answer the question. ;> My best friend has red hair. She's a pre-op M to F TS Lesbian. That was enough to cure me of instantly stereotyping people. Takes at least five minutes to stereotype them, now. Oh, and she's got a concealed weapons permit... RD> RD> suddenly went S-NAP! while I was kicked back. I started to fly RD> backwards and somehow managed to wrap my legs around his waist on my RD> way to the asphalt--he somehow managed not to go down and pull off the RD> road--and I learned a valuable lesson about passenger etiquette. Wow! You're for true scooter trash! I'm just a wannabe... RD> Remember the arguments over how to define the word "Pagan?" RD> To me, it *still* means what it always meant--PFFP! (You can take the RD> grrrl away from the outlaws, but...?) ;> RD> 93! 13! God forgives, Pagans don't! Ride free! DFFL, PFFP! Yee-hah! I need a vocabulary list...but, I was thinking...with a couple of months and hardly any effort we could change the official PODS definition of pagan forever... Namaste... ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 23 Feb 94 22:30:00 Subject: Re: DE GANG'S ALL HERE II UpdReq -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to Melissa Bech <=- RD> I could send you copies from my clips file if you're interested...the RD> range is pretty bizarre. I have yellowing newspapers shoved into a big RD> cardboard box and scattered all over the apartment along with the RD> anthos and comic books and other fun schtuff containing my purple RD> prose. I'd love to see your work... RD> What--you didn't give him any points for creativity? LOL! Every Xmas RD> season I wax sentimental and ask Wolf to sing "O Holy Night" for me. This is hysterically funny, but a long story, best told over a glass of wine after eleven to a close friend...he could sing, and he told the most amazing tales... RD> Has a beautiful voice; I get chills. He's very attractive too. The RD> events leading up to the split were pretty ugly though. We'll never RD> live together again, but I have hopes for "a separate peace" kinda RD> situation. But if Tami comes home with her navel pierced after their RD> next visit, I'm sending him BACK to church! };> Did you catch the fact that a coupla years ago I was an assistant to a professional body piercer? Tell Tami I want to talk to her before she even thinks seriously about it, (it makes it much harder to do any international travel if you keep setting the metal detectors off). Another amusing story...But, I have at least one ex who is a really good friend, he gave me this computer, in fact. If I start repeating stuff, just let me know. ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 25 Feb 94 08:47:12 Subject: Re: DE GANG'S ALL HERE II UpdReq 93 Melissa, > I'd love to see your work... OK, I'll drag out ye olde clip file & search for appropriate schtuff. I can't stand most of it anymore...wonder if that's universal or nearly so? > This is hysterically funny, but a long story, best told over a > glass of wine after eleven to a close friend...he could sing, and > he told the most amazing tales... How about over the phone with a cuppa coffee to an echo-pal after eleven? (Although anymore I'm often ready to crash around the same time I used to be ready to party...old age creeping up on me or something I guess.) > Did you catch the fact that a coupla years ago I was an assistant > to a professional body piercer? Tell Tami I want to talk to her > before she even thinks seriously about it, (it makes it much harder > to do any international travel if you keep setting the metal detectors Nope, didn't know that. She can think as seriously as she wants to about it; she's not getting it done! Not, Not, NOT!!! Good Lord, the other day I actually found myself saying "Not as long as you live with me and depend on me..." about something or 'nother. I hate adolescent rebellion. She even told me I wasn't cool. Hurt my feelings! I guess it's all in how you look at it. I just don't think black lipstick is that attractive, even if it does match your hair. When she puts her leathers on, she doesn't look righteous anymore...she looks like EDWARD SCISSORHANDS! > off). Another amusing story...But, I have at least one ex who is > a really good friend, he gave me this computer, in fact. If I start > repeating stuff, just let me know. Haven't heard any of it before, so far. ;> I only *have* one ex. He's more than enough though! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 25 Feb 94 09:22:16 Subject: Re: :) UpdReq 93 & Hello again, > Dying your hair black? I had a previous engagement to watch No, that's strictly her trip, although I have to admit I did give it a brief moment's thought when I saw how shiny it was. At 7 p.m. on whatever date it was, she was grumbling and complaining about the lack of Danzig and I was saying "Toldja so, toldja so." We did capture the entire five minutes on video of course. > "Tales of the City" with my neighbor...I've been watching it a lot > lately. Besides "Benny and Joon", it's the one movie ever made that > depicts my life almost perfectly. Haven't seen it. At the moment, I think "Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster" probably comes closest to depicting my life. > Well, not too hard, since Seattle is made up mostly of nerds. Say it ain't so! San Diego is supposed to be "Seattle, Jr." musically at least. I dunno, I don't go out partying much anymore. I'm content to be boring most of the time these daze. > not many of them were actually born here. What makes someone a nerd, > anyhow, in your opinion? I used to think it was one or more of the > following: Reading sci-fi, knowing too much about Star Trek, attending > cons (of any kind), belonging to the SCA, planning to teach invertebrate > paleontology at a major Southern University. Then, I found out Hmm, I guess those could be symptoms, but I think nerdiness is a matter of attitude, just like way-koolness. I think I'm turning into a nerd myself, I've gotten hooked on Star Trek: The Next Generation (though not to the extent of 'studying the Klingon language' or anything like that), and I'm going to be attending ComiCon here this year (although not as a fan, as --I forget what it's called, as part of the people who get in free because they've done work for the publishers --as a *professional*? LOL!). > most of my friends do all but one of those things. What you drive > really says a lot about you, don't you find? Hmmm, it could say more about the state of one's finances than anything else. Although I've owned some truly righteous $500 cars in my day. One day, I *will* have a Studebaker Hawk. What does that say about me? Or, I guess it won't say it till I'm actually cruising in it. When I was younger, I used to run a Norton Commando 750. The last previous car was a Firebird, and I never managed to get emotionally involved with him. Sleek ride, fer-sher, but it impressed other people lots more than me. > I had blonde hair last year for a while (I'll send you a proof sheet > from the amazing photo shoot we did...it was very pagan in theme, > in one, I am dressed in hole-ey fishnets, a 1930's black foundation > garment, and am holding a White-handled Flogger of Art while my > spike heel is balanced carefully on the back of my neighbor.) It was > just for laughs...he, he. Don't worry about having a Goth baby... > they grow out of it and become Masqueraders... Yes, please send it. It sounds very...interesting. I have a couplea proof sheets, when I grabbed photographers who were sent to cover events with me and got them to take flix because I needed a B&W author photo pronto & didn't have any handy. One of 'em is me in the rose garden (cute, huh?) after eight hours at the doctors' convention...I was more than a bit wilted by then, and it shows!, the other in the "upper lobby" at the fancy-schmancy medical building in North County when we interviewed the laser-tat-zapping doc. There were some bitchin ones of me lying on his table while he held the laser thingie up next to my tat of my ex's name. He was only faking, though (but after the article came out and his business took an upturn, he did offer to zap me at no charge, which was nice, but I said no thanx, I think skin art SHOULD be "for life."). Masqueraders? Oh my! When I think of all the wannabes of various sorts who "wannabe" things that Tam is/has on the natch, I have to wonder. Kind of like people with curly hair getting it straightened while other folx are paying big bucks for perms I guess. A friend of ours told me that she wasn't "gothic" enough to be a goth; she's a punk. I didn't realize there were still punks around, in *that* sense of the word anyway. Oh, I'm SUCH a nerd! > Wow! You're for true scooter trash! I'm just a wannabe... But what do you wannabe? I'm *recycled* scooter trash these daze. Sheesh, I even missed the Toy Runs last holiday season, and I haven't been to a scooter bar in aeons!, or at least months. Just call me Hardley-Dangerous. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Captain Rock Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 26 Feb 94 18:09:40 Subject: Re: . UpdReq Mystics from on high have received clear images of Melissa Bech writing to Jonathon Blake: MB> I can take this to mean, then, that you are not interested in MB> any MB> further friendly chattiness on my part? Some people, ya know? Hey, if you've got any chattiness left, I'd be more than happy to volley it with you for awhile. What sort of thing interests you in this particular time/space continuum? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718