From: Lewis Cypher Area: THE_OASIS To: Michael Lee 1 Sep 92 07:16:10 Subject: RE: Fascism U.S.A. Rec'd UpdReq In a message to Lewis Cypher written on Monday, August 31, 1992 at 16:57:20, Michael Lee writes: ML> Excuse me if I find all this revisionist, neo-marxist, psycho-babble ML> bull shit a bit hard to swallow. LC> You're excused. So nice to see someone with enough manners to excuse himself when he farts in public. It is also OK with me that you have nothing to say, other than my well written post was Bullshit, while the mere fact that you deign to grace my post with a condensending statement that you are the superior being and since that is so you need not reveal the infinate wisdom of your point of view, but just stay your opponent with a hearty blast of critique, and the godlike powers of your intellect would be there for all to see. Great. Bullshit. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mors Justi Area: THE_OASIS To: Scott Brush, Gerald? All 1 Sep 92 20:11:02 Subject: Re. this election Year UpdReq I've been reading all this stuff in this area about the political climates going on. A month ago my cable got disconnected. I have not had TV in that whole wonderful month. I have no immediate plans to get it reconnected. My ex always had the idiot box on from sunup to midnight, or whenever he got to bed. I DON'T MISS THE BLOODY THING. As for myself, I'm voting Libertarian. This year, we got a choice between Hitler and Mussolini; I say that because of the Demopublican vice-presidential nominee Albert Gore. For the love of the Gods and Goddesses, people, his fucking wife is the #1 Alpha Bitch in the PMRC! Remember them? The "clean up rock music" people. I know for a fact that when they get done with rock music they're going after horror movies. They already are: there's very heavy talk amongst their pals in the MPAA to remove the image of Pinhyead the Cenobite from the posters advertising the third instalment of the Hellraiser cycle of films HELL ON EARTH. It was okay five years ago -- why now? How can a man with nails all over his head in a perfectly beautiful symmetry and open wounds on his chest, wearing black leather robes, make America any worse than it is? Because it glorifies the transcendence of pain and suffering? Sure, he's in pain -- but he goes on in spite of it. I call that a very positive message. Tipper Gore says it's worse than Satanism. Nevertheless, if rock music and horror movies get Smurfified by the Republicrats and Demopublicans, it will create a climate of whitebread militantism and every prude and tight-ass and limp-wrist in the world will think, "If they can do it, so can I." BOOM!!! 1984, only ten years late. I took a lesson from the L.A. riots. I saw the Goddess Sekhmet walking the streets of L.A., personally leading the rioters and showing them where to go. She also moved the people downtown to get out their guns and start defending themselves and their property. She never forgot the hangover She woke up with when Ra slipped her that industrial-strength Mickey Finn of datura and opium. She kept Herself under restraint! The lesson I learnt was: even if you don't plan on hunting or anything else with it, get yourself a gun. Now, while you can! Fortunately when my father died he left me his 30-.06 and I got it now. You can keep it in your closet and the bullets in the junk drawer or medicine cabinet. But big changes are gonna go down in the next few years and we're gonna need that Second Amendment like nobody's business. A gun won't hurt you if you know how to use it. Just use it like a hammer: you won't go and bash people's heads in with your hammer, and you won't hurt yourself if you take a mature approach to having a gun, know it for what it is! It's something to kill people with. So don't use it unless you absolutely, positively, as in no doubt whatsoever want to kill that person. A gun is a tool. Regard it as such and accord it the properrespect due it as an instrument of death, and you have nothing to be afraid of. I'm sure there are people reading this that know a couple heavy-duty curses or death spells: a gun is the same thing in physical form. Again I say, get a gun now while you can. Let's just hope it doesn't come down to using it; but if it does, we'll all be ready. Never Thirst, Mors Justi 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Scott Brush Area: THE_OASIS To: Michael Lee 3 Sep 92 01:20:12 Subject: Re: FASCISM U.S.A. Rec'd UpdReq Michael, I think you've shown some insight in your reply to Lewis Cypher's speech about how awful this country has become. I know of many who share Lewis' viewpoints and they seem unduly extreme. While there is no doubt that there are some people out there who are actively trying to encode their personal beliefs into law, the situation has not become completely dictatorial. Despite government crackdowns on drug dealers and anyone else very much out of the mainstream, I still feel that I enjoy freedom of speech and religion. I'm not worried that my phone is tapped, my mail is being read, or that I'm being followed by government agents. I repeat, as in my reply to Lewis' reply, that while there is danger of losing our precious rights, there is hope for a better world. What are we going to do to protect ourselves? Voting and political activism can only go so far. What can really be done? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michael Lee Area: THE_OASIS To: Lewis Cypher 3 Sep 92 11:52:32 Subject: RE: Fascism U.S.A. Sent UpdReq ML> Excuse me if I find all this revisionist, neo- ML> marxist, psycho-babble ML> bull shit a bit hard to swallow. LC> You're excused. So nice to see someone with LC> enough manners to excuse LC> himself when he farts in public. LC> It is also OK with me that you have nothing LC> to say, other than my well LC> written post was Bullshit, while the mere fact LC> that you deign to grace my post LC> with a condensending statement that you are the LC> superior being and since that LC> is so you need not reveal the infinate wisdom of LC> your point of view, but just LC> stay your opponent with a hearty blast of LC> critique, and the godlike powers of LC> your intellect would be there for all to see. How to you describe to the blind man the beauty of a painting? First, your post was anything but "well written." Full of diatribes? Yes. Platitudes and old excuses? Yes. Orwellian doublespeak? Yes. Purposeful exagerations used to confuse the issue? Yes. But "well written?" A resounding no! Your basic thesis was that America was a "dictatorship." You supported this thesis with statments (some of which are, at best, a distorted view of reality, and at worst deliberate falsehodd, but that's a different subject for a later post) that merely showed a government that was biased (severely so) for the establishment. If you care to redefine the word "dictatorship" to suit your purposes, go for it! But eventually you words become meaningless because you yourself have made them so. East is West, North is South, Red is Blue. They're just words, right? There's a story a friend of mine tells on the lecture circuit. When he was going to Vet school, he had to take a biology class. During one class session they were required to test the reflexes of a frog. The first step simply called for the student to clap his hands loudly behind the frog and note its reaction. The next phases required the students to severe a leg (each phase severed a new leg until all legs were gone) and again clap their hands behind the frog. After the experiment, the professor called on one of the students to share his observations. "Well sir, it was very interesting. With all legs intact, at the sound of a loud noise the frog jumped 37" straight forward. With it's left hind leg gone, the noise forced the forg to jump 20" at a 17 degree angle to the right. Witht he right hind leg gone, the frog's jump straightened out, but it only jumped 9". Nothing worthwhile was noted after the left front leg was severed, but an amazing discovery was made when all legs were cut off." "What was that?" the professor asked expectantly. The student replied, apparently pleased at his intellectual prowess. "It's obvious that when all legs are severed, the frog goes deaf." Ohhhh, this is so fun! Michael 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718