From: Eric Area: THE_OASIS To: All 20 Mar 92 21:31:42 Subject: TO DREAMERS AND FOOLS . UpdReq This is a public statement, making fraudulent liars and cheats of any holy man who claims that thru the spirit of Jesus Christ himself he has been witness of the miracles and wonder known today as The Stigmata . It is very well known amongst historians that Jesus Christ was not crusified and hung by nails thru the palm . This is where history looses it's value to the mass consiounce . Any Doctor or Hunter could tell you that being hung in this manner is not possible, sinse the flesh would rip easily here and the corpse ( if the man died ) would fall . The romans, of course, knew this and used the knowledge to practical use . No, Christ and many before and some after where hung by nails thru the wrist . Any real Historian would tell you this . Every excabation found of a man who had been crucified by the Roamsn and some others where done thru the rist ! So what does this tell us ? Besides being trivial conversation. What does this say of men who raise their palms to the air and praise god..claiming witness to the miracle known as Stigmata ? Are they histerical fanatics who wish to believe in Christ so that they inflict wounds on themselves either consiously or even by other means ? Are they fraudulent clowns wearing the guise of Holy men for attention and pride ? I can not say , but I do say this . From here on, let them be known as false prophets and fools . Y-ah -= Eric =- --- TBBS v2.1/NM * Origin: Modem Magick /Multi-line/ (619) 447-5010 (1:202/311) 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Diane Vera Area: THE_OASIS To: Frc 21 Mar 92 17:36:58 Subject: Re: Touche'??? Sent UpdReq On March 17, you replied to my March 14 message to me, "Touche'???": . DV > The main effect it has, in my opinion, is to contribute to a stereotype of Setians and Satanists in general as insufferably arrogant. . Frc > I know I can be, but I try to keep it internal. I wouldn't use the adjective "insufferably" though. I am well liked and get along with just about everyone! .The only really "arrogant" thing you've done lately is to applaud Ammond Shadowcraft's rhetoric, which I do find "insufferably arrogant". . DV > Well, of course! It is so much more important for your august Ipsissimus to stay on his high horse than to actually be effective at public relations! .Let me apologize for the misplaced sarcasm. This was not one of my better thought-out posts. The main thing that was bugging me at the time I wrote this was *not* Aquino's behavior in MAGICKNET (which I think is partly understandable), but rather (1) Ammond's rhetoric about it and (2) your going into gang-up mode by applauding said rhetoric. . Frc > What? He went around and around with Tim! .Aquino went around and around with the rhetorical manuevers, not with actual discussion, which he evidently gave up on after only a couple of rounds. I can't completely blame him for this, since I can understand why some of Tim's remarks would have put him on the defensive. I think this whole alleged "Nazi sympathies" episode is a misunderstanding resulting from what Ammond Shadowcraft (in one of his calmer moments) has euphemistically called a lack of "computer- screen charisma" on the part of both Dr. Aquino and Tim Maroney. --- Maximus 2.01wb * Origin: BaphoNet-by-the-Sea -=- 718/499-9277 (1:278/666) SEEN-BY: 278/666 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718