From: Black Adder Area: Night Side To: Charles Nemo 13 Apr 94 20:27:00 Subject: politics Rec'd UpdReq CN>All public relations posturing aside, the ultimate truth is that CN>Mother Nature kills her own, and so-called "humanity" is no CN>different. It's perfectly okay for the State to kill other CN>humans (as the U.S. did to 100,000 to 200,000 Iraqis during the CN>Middle East War), but not permitted for individuals to do CN>likewise except in very narrow circumstances. The reason? CN>Simple preservation of "order" by the State. When it comes to CN>killing animals, the reasoning becomes even more obscure.... CN> Does this mean you advocate killing outside of war, as in rituals? I can understand the taking of a life freely given, human or otherwise. But I don't think that is what you meant. Personally, I'm just wondering what's taking the Revolution so long. Americans won their freedom two hundred years ago, and somewhere over the long haul we grew too frightened of the responsibilities that go along with being free. I think that was when we started sending lawyers to Washington. I've nothing against lawyers, just nothing for them. I believe it's a mistake sending people who live off of laws to make laws. That's like sending the wolf out to watch the sheep. Do you think something like the IRA would work over here in the States? For all I know there already is one, but it never gets coverage in the news. Hmmph. Maybe it is time to start the revolution. Black Adder 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: Night Side To: The Sinistar 13 Apr 94 23:46:36 Subject: Fangoria Convention UpdReq 93 sinistar, TS> Any of you going to Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors in TS> Los Angeles, CA on June 11th-12th? TS> I'll be there, and was curious to see if anyone here will be attending.. i haven't heard about it, but it sounds interesting. can you give me any more details about it? since i live in l.a., it might be fun to check it out. the only hitch is that i might not be around that weekend. but, let me know where i can find out more, ok? thanks! 93, ---kayla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Night Side To: Black Adder 15 Apr 94 10:21:10 Subject: politics & killing Sent UpdReq CN>All public relations posturing aside, the ultimate truth is that CN>Mother Nature kills her own, and so-called "humanity" is no CN>different. It's perfectly okay for the State to kill other CN>humans (as the U.S. did to 100,000 to 200,000 Iraqis during the CN>Middle East War), but not permitted for individuals to do CN>likewise except in very narrow circumstances. The reason? CN>Simple preservation of "order" by the State. When it comes to CN>killing animals, the reasoning becomes even more obscure.... CN> BA> Does this mean you advocate killing outside of BA> war, as in rituals? I can understand the taking BA> of a life freely given, human or otherwise. But BA> I don't think that is what you meant. "Right" and "wrong" are simple matters of expediency. Put another way, morality is a function of (i.e., results from or depends on) "whose ox is being gored." It follows that killing is not wrong in and of itself. I have no objections to anything done in rituals, as long as it's not done *to* me in any other than a pleasurable (to me again) way. But this all is of course *only* my *opinion*. Put another way, everything is relative.... };-) Opinions to the contrary are often nothing more than public relations posturing!!! BA> Personally, I'm just wondering what's taking the Revolution so BA> long. Americans won their freedom two hundred BA> years ago, and somewhere over the long haul we BA> grew too frightened of the responsibilities that BA> go along with being free. I think that was when BA> we started sending lawyers to Washington. I've BA> nothing against lawyers, just nothing for them. BA> I believe it's a mistake sending people who live BA> off of laws to make laws. That's like sending BA> the wolf out to watch the sheep. I don't disagree with any of this. Well said. BA> Do you think something like the IRA would work BA> over here in the States? For all I know there BA> already is one, but it never gets coverage in BA> the news. Hmmph. Maybe it is time to start the revolution. Go for it, dude! };-) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718