From: Atalanta Pendragon Area: Mundane To: Current~Resident 11 Sep 96 15:39:14 Subject: MAGIC THE GATHERING CARDS UpdReq FO> The game isn't like cue cards. It's like you FO> are like a general and you t FO> to kill the other people. The game has like FO> creatures and spells. More or FO> less, the point of the game is to kill the other guy. I know some folks who play, and some who used to. They refer to `em as "crack cards" `cuz it's so addictive. I've heard that there are now PROFESSIONAL Magic players! C> I have heard there are some new games on the C> web that mix the game with C> actual real life happening. Sort of like AD&D C> freaks gone commercial or C> maybe art and poetic terrorism combined with a sort C> of grand treasure hunt. C> It's like you think you are playing a game but C> really the game is playing you C> and pushing all your buttons. Of course we not are C> machines so the story C> line gets fairly wide and complex I guess. It must C> be like those people who C> just never enjoyed being a cog in a factory job, so C> they decided to be an C> artist and mesh life with art rather than mesh life with a factory. You mean, like Live-Action roleplaying? I haven't done any live-action stuff yet, but I've been into RPGs for about 8-9 years, and I've been GMing (Game Mastering... running the scenarion... basically, DOING ALL THE **WORK**, for anyone who doesn't game & doesn't know the jargon!). It's certainly not win/lose in the same way as checkers or chess, but good and bad things can & do happen... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718