From: Rose Dawn Area: Mundane To: Christeos Pir 22 Nov 94 09:56:14 Subject: Re: CHAOS 1/ UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Was just talking about you last night...good things, of course! ;> > According to Publisher's Clearing House, you may already be a wiener! That one took the case! ;> Ack--let's stop now, Ok? LOL! > I enjoyed it, and it seems sincere enough, but drives home again the > personal nature of revelation: so few have meaning for more than just > the person receiving it! True. Makes those few even more remarkable, eh? Definitely sincere, all too much so. Almost painful to read, in places! > Guilty, yer honoress. But I meant that if you had the ->Right<- kind of > 'puter, we wouldn't have this compatibility thang. Oy, you Inefficient But Marketable folx can be *so* cruel sometimes! ;> Y'know what, I *finally* figured out how to convert my files to IBM-readable format! You said you had 3.5 drive, right? Can you do a simple Mac-to-IBM format change on the disks themselves? AFE has that capability, but I'd need upgraded *hardware* to do it here on my end. :/ If'n you could do that, you'd get a disk full of ASCI with line breaks and everything! :> Oh, while you're here...didn't Steven C. from out your way do a lot of work with 'English gematria' for a while? I've seen several different 'order and value of the English alphabet' systems, and each seem to have their merits--and dis-merits. Did you ever think that since the English alphabet is actually the Roman alphabet--and they did assign numerical values to the letters--that we should oughta just use those values? Is the reason people don't just cause there aren't enough letter/number combos? Maybe we should all be compiling HUGE databases of words that enumerate to zero. ;> Could be a way of saying that most words *don't* have an underlying Cosmic Connec', and paying special attention to the ones that do. Don't mind me...brain's on idle at the moment. ;> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Paul Hume Area: Mundane To: Albertus Magnus 22 Nov 94 09:04:18 Subject: Wiccan/Christian Link UpdReq Albertus - In response to your brief note on Metaphysical... The Augustinian quote is not news to some (g). Besides a link to Wicca, the other options that occur to me are... - Augustine originated that concept and everyone since, from Rabelais to Crowley to Gardner, lifted it, either directly or serially (ie. Rab. stole it from Augustine, Crowley stole it from Rabelais, Gardner stole it etc...) - The concept is hardly unique, and parallel evolution covers its constant appearance. It is amusing to note, especially when Neopagans go into shit storm mode about the evils of Christianity, that two of the most expressive and mystical disquisitions about Love come from the two early figures who they most hate: Paul and Augustine. Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718