From: RAINLAKE Area: Mundane To: ROSE DAWN 18 Oct 94 01:15:46 Subject: snakes UpdReq -> > You forgot snakes in coat linings at K-Mart. -> -> ROTFL!! I missed that one! Hmmm...I think that might be kinda kewl.. -> coat at K-Mart, we'll throw in a snake at no extra charge! ;> -> Yeah, but it'll be a *cheap* snake, and every few minutes it will holler, "Attention, shoppers......". 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Amethyst Area: Mundane To: Shadow Weaver 16 Oct 94 02:21:34 Subject: Anouncement UpdReq SW> would be possible to counsel women on all the choices. But as it stands, SW> they are to blame for the repression and lack of SW> information preventing such counseling. They don't SW> want kids to get pregnant, but they don't allow them to SW> be taught how NOT to get pregnant. They put their SW> ideals and religion above the welfare of people. Giving my daughters information is my top priority. It's something my mother didn't care enough to do. Her sum total of contraception education was "If you ever get pregnent before you're married, I'll break your arm!" She didn't break my arm, but I wish that's all she'd done. A broken arm only takes a few weeks to heal. My broken heart, mind and spirit took 8 years to heal, and sometimes, I still wonder if there aren't just a few scars that bring back the pain like now. She was very cruel. I've gone out of my way to make it clear to my eldest, young as she is, that I am an approachable parent. I don't think it's too soon (she'll be 12 in February), because I have good communication with her now....that may not be so when she is 14 or so. I tell her that she won't have my permission or approval, but that I want her to come to me if she decides to become sexually active so I can help her to make sure it doesn't wreck or end her life. I'll get her condoms, the pill, whatever it takes to make sure that some young prick doesn't give her AIDS or get her pregnant too young. I'll even help her sue for paternity if she decides to keep the baby and help her work things out for her to finish school, as long as she continues to be responsible for her child and doesn't leave it all to me to look after and raise it while she runs off with friends. And I've told her over and over that no matter what she does, I will always love her. I've often wondered if the CCAS, since I was still one of their wards, could have taken the baby from me forcibly and placed it in one of their homes, as I would have been 2 months short of my 18th birthday when the baby was born. I also know that there's no way my eldest would have been born as I became pregnant with her only 5 months after the baby was due. If it hadn't been for my second pregnancy, I would never have moved to Saskatchewan and met my second husband or had my other 2 girls. Somehow, all that "destiny speculation" that my mother tried to throw at me was no comfort during those 8 years. I'm glad I had Erinn and I love her more than my own life, but it doesn't change that an innocent had to die to make her life possible. It's still hard. I hope none of my girls ever have to go through it. BB -=Amethyst=- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718