From: Kalzen Entrop Area: Mundane To: Farrell McGovern 10 Sep 94 01:08:00 Subject: hello UpdReq 93 Farrell! I was just wondering if you could Netmail your moderation to the offenders. I get sick of seeing these in my mail grab all the time. 93-93/93 ... But not Thou, who art absolved from the Division of the Shadows. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: RAINLAKE Area: Mundane To: URHLA 10 Sep 94 02:41:08 Subject: post UpdReq Urhla, I wrote you a reply to a post on PODS/Wicca several weeks ago, about "crafts of the craft" and how I like to use ritual "leftovers" (candle ends, herbs, oils, etc.) in an end-of-year ritual after Mabon. At that point, my board's PODS feed more-or-less went kablooey. I'm relatively new to this, but will try to screen-capture it and upload it over here now that this conf is up and running and the Wicca echo still isn't. (Then I have to figure out how to get a copy of it back onto PODS/Wicca with someone else's name in the "TO" slot. A non-techie's lot is not a simple one, b'Goddess!) Anyway, don't hold yer breath. Heyyyy, it worked....cool!! Here it is: -> I also like to make candles and mix the wax with herbs and oils. Embr One thing I like to do is save up all my candle ends, oils, salts, powders, leftover bits of herbs, and so on, and make one big candle just after Mabon. The wax is coarsely strained going into the mold, but is still full of bits of stuff. The thick, braided wick is wrapped deosil (so it'll burn widdershins) with black thread. Then, the full moon before Samhain, I do a very spartan esbat rite, set the candle in my big old terracotta cauldron (lined with foil so cleanup doesn't require anything marked Black and Decker), and light it. Over the next few nights, I spend some time each evening meditating with it. Everything in there contains memories of a time or some magick or a feeling-state, and I just try to let all those go, one at a time, good or bad or simply interesting...all the year's "stuff". I watch the binding burn off the wick, and picture my own light coming clear of any old attitudes or behaviors that have bound me till now. Finally, I pray that some light I managed to give off during the year helped somebody. If there's any of the candle left or unburnable the day before Samhain, I throw it in running water or take it somewhere deserted, well away from home, and bury it under a rock. Either way I walk away, leaving a small offering for the water or earth but without investing any energy in trying to remember (or forget) where I put the candle. I've been doing this for several years (originally wrote it for a magazine called PAGANS IN RECOVERY), and it seems to allow me to enter the new year with more peace and less unfinished business than I used to. (Also gets rid of stuff I'd want to dispose of anyway.) -> also appeals to me. I did some on my robe and even i have to admit i I've gotten so the first thing I do when making a robe from a pattern is add a pocket....that's because I'm congenitally unable to remember where I put lighters. ->Im off to the Arboretum tonight, to listen to the red w -> blackbirds and feed the ducks. -> Sounds wonderful. I like to go out on the back patio and talk to the owls in the woods behind my house. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718