From: ARAIGUMA Area: Mundane To: LIANA 17 Jul 94 19:50:00 Subject: BUMPTY BUMP UpdReq -=> Quoting Liana to Araiguma <=- Li> ... An owl hooted in my ear of words by Araiguma to Liana ... Ar> So what'd you think of Sunday morning's little trio, if you were awake Ar> for 'em? They woke me up... Li> I was awake on the 'pooter, actually. I thought an M-80 went off.. Li> then for the other one I felt the building lift and land.. was *very* Li> strange. The broom fell of the wall and the cat panicked, but other Li> than that, just spiffy. Ar> Yup. Just loud. Li> Quite! Poor Pashta didn't like it *at* *all.* Barney, on the other Li> hand, barely cracked an eyelid. Ours didn't seem too fazed by it...but then, they survived two years in Manhattan, too. Ar> The mills of UCB grind slowly, and pretty coarsely, too.. Li> No refinement there, then... hmph. Nope. Li> Not a bad idea... I was thinking how I always have a night candle Li> going... but I don't intend to stop, darn it. If She shakes, She Li> shakes. Who am I to stop Her dance? Ar> Sounds like a job for earthquake putty or some such. Ar> (I think of my poor mother-in-law, in seismically active Seattle, with Ar> all that antique Wedgwood...at least most of my breakable stuff is Ar> Target Special, or gas station premiums or something.) La Target and I get along just fab, thanks. Roomie has the eye for Li> catching sales in the Sunday paper inserts, then going in for a price Li> adjustment... thing is, she always comes back with more! Gee... I Li> wonder why... They set it up that way. Seriously. A lot of thought, effort, and money goes into how to position things in discount stores so customers have to go past lots of grabbable stuff. And all but the most ruthlessly disciplined do wind up with more than they planned to get. And some of us are pushovers... B*B Araiguma ... Does a tagline have the Buddha nature? ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: Milamber 20 Jul 94 22:46:20 Subject: Re: MEANWHILE, BACK AT TH UpdReq MI>Yep...quite nice to live by the water. I could walk out to the beach, but >that's only the bay. It's a pretty stiff hike to the ocean from here... > And to the Altantic? Jeesh... I don't think I'd be happy in a landlocked area...except maybe if it had high mountains, and lakes... MI> AL> I'm on my Path; that's one of the areas where things *are* going sort > AL> of right. I'm more-or-less happily married (we celebrated our 21st > AL> anniversary last month!), but our teenage son has behavior problems > AL> and makes my life a living hell most of the time. We've managed to get > AL> ourselves into a financial "hole", and my husband is predicting all > AL> sorts of doom and destruction, and refuses to accept my magick as > AL> being "real" help. I'm a middle-aged suburban housewife instead of the > AL> first woman to reach Mars (or something); I have a lot of self-esteem > AL> problems. And right at the moment, anyway, there doesn't seem to be > AL> much hope that any of these things will really ever get better. MI> AL> I envy you. MI>Careful, there...I mauy not have a teenager, but I'm not without stumbling >blocks. (One in particular is that I'm only a few years ahead of a teenage >and my fiancee is quite a bit older. People keep asking if I'm her son.) >Still, all in all, I'm pretty happy with what I have. I'm doing pretty wel >for how well I'm doing... I admire *both* of you for having the courage to love! --- SLMR 2.0 Of *course* it's a stick shift! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Adrienne Area: Mundane To: Albertus Magnus 20 Jul 94 13:16:36 Subject: Week in Death UpdReq Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your "Week in Death" posts. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718