From: Spider Area: Mundane To: Ace Lightning 28 Jun 94 14:57:10 Subject: Trances UpdReq AL> A gentle, sensual-but-not-explicitly-sexual massage or back/neck rub. AL> Some people with a lot of magick in their hands (they are generally AL> Healers) can just touch my hand or my shoulder or my forehead or AL> something and send me into trance (or bring me back out). Some That sounds familiar... When I'm giving a massage, I sometimes trance out. I have long, strong fingers and a natural sense of what feels good. Spider 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Spider Area: Mundane To: Ace Lightning 28 Jun 94 15:02:10 Subject: Thanksgiving dinner UpdReq AL> She AL> calls it "Waifs and Strays" Thanksgiving; it's for people who don't AL> have AL> relatives to go to (or can't get to them). I've never been to one, My family almost always invites at least one or two people who would otherwise be dining alone for Thanksgiving. Generally, the guests are friends of us kids. Spider 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Elaine Poncelet Area: Mundane To: All 30 Jun 94 17:48:08 Subject: New To Wicca UpdReq This message was from ELAINE PONCELET to ALL originally in conference Tarot on GROVE (The Sacred Grove) and was forwarded to you by ELAINE PONCELET ---------------------------------------- Merry Meet to All... My name is Elaine and my husband's name is Stan. We are new to this net and new to studying WICCA. The both of us really feel that we have finally found what we have been searching for all these past years. We have been studying for about 3 months and are planning on being solitary practitioners, but going to a few celebrations during the year. We live in the central part of Missouri, in case anyone is interested. We have 20 acres and absolutely love it out here. We have lived here for about 5 years now. We are both looking to network with people of like minds and possibly have some questions answered that we may have in the future. We do have help from a coven in the St. Louis area also. I hope to hear from some of you in the near future. Please take care. Blessed be, Elaine QMPro 1.52 Freedom isn't cheap and it never goes on sale. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Urhla Area: Mundane To: Gonzomancer 30 Jun 94 15:42:34 Subject: Urhlaism UpdReq Greetings again to you fair Gonzomancer, I can stab a guess at Gonzomancy. Does it mean that you trust your gut, as an indicator for possible future directions? I do want to hear the definition. Events for fun: Reading, Reading, Reading, Dungeons and Dragons, Movies, Computers, cartoons, collecting recipes, Nature stuff, herby stuff, crafty stuff, hubby stuff. Work stuff: Just a plain old secretary. A job that i like and that doesnt take too much away from my real life. Im not what you would call career oriented. I am very much looking forward to Canada Day. I love the fireworks and crowds. So howsabout you? Your fun, work, hopes, dreams, philosophies and general stuff. Brightest O'Blessing Urhla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: MILAMBER Area: Mundane To: DREAM STALKER 30 Jun 94 09:31:00 Subject: Re: LIFE UpdReq --- On 06-24-94 06:26, Dream Stalker blessed us all with the following: -=> And Liana spoke of LIFE to Milamber Let's listen...<=- DS> Well met, Milamber. The message was addressed to "Milaber"...I was scanning, and would have missed it were it not for the mention of "chainmail jewelry"...Might want to check your software! Mi> Would you be interested in carring handmade chainmail jewelry? If so, Mi> I may yet be able to bring in an income! Yippee! Li> I would be very interested in seeing it. But don't count on an income Li> right away... opening won't occur until May 1995... plenty of time for Li> you to whomp up a whole *bunch* of jewelry! Li> Blessings! DS> I don't have a store, or anything like that, but, I'd be interested DS> in what sort of stuff you make, as 'chainmail' jewelry. Would you DS> considor doing 'ordered' pieces, or even, have such a thing as a DS> catalog? Who knows, I might be able to send some business lyour way, DS> if I have an idea of the sort of work/items, you do. I do not have a catalog. I am an individual, and I generally do work *exclusively* on consignment. A description of my current work: Several pouches, roomy enough for a fist and about eight inches tall, inscribed with a "Realms of Chaos" symbol (which can be found in the Greyhawk supplements to AD&D second edition, or as Chessex's emblem); I have done these in three different color schemes, and all three have come out gorgeous. Colors would, of course, be subject to ring availability. I am out of stock of the materials for these (16-18 gauge steel/spring brass/ spring phosphorous bronze/blackened steel/copper, 1/4" inner diameter) but would happily spin more if needed. I've made three of these; one for myself, one for my brother, one for my fiancee. One bracelet, 9" long, made in a sort of squarish weave based on a Turkish knot, out of 1/8" inner diameter nickel-silver alloy. This is worn by my fiancee, has been since I met her. Two earrings, made also of 1/8" inner diameter nickel-silver alloy, in a flat weave which has been shaped and joined to be sort of like a rigatoni noodle. One (the completed one) has a 1" black tourmaline shard mounted to hang from the middle, cradled by the bottom of the "noodle" shape. Anyway, there's a few examples of the sort of things I make...earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pouches, you name it, I'll give it a try. I can only do so much, so don't send me too much business! All work done is by hand, the rings are spun from straight wire. Probable prices for the above would be 'round thirty for the bracelet, fifteen to twenty apiece for the earrings, and the pouches @ $100+; please note that materials aren't the problem, it's just so labor-intensive... How does this relate to the echo topic? Well, with the right metals, colors, and mounted stones, a little chainmail something can make great ritual jewelry! (think of the circle symbolism inherent in a chainmail bracelet... and it's even silver!) Blessed Be, Milamber, a.k.a. Maus ... "Hail to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed-But-Is-Too-Nice-To-Insist-On-It!" ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: MILAMBER Area: Mundane To: ACE LIGHTNING 30 Jun 94 09:31:00 Subject: RE: MEANWHILE, BACK AT TH UpdReq --- On 06-25-94 01:09, Ace Lightning blessed us all with the following: MI>I know what you mean about factory-installed grammar and spelling checker.. >my brother used to hand me his documents to spell/grammar check, because I >was faster than the computer (it was an XT clone) and more accurate (I knew >the difference between form and from, for example)... AL> This machine is a 486/33, and it's pretty fast...but it won't pick up AL> the difference between "there" and "they're" and "their"...or "its" AL> and "it's". And it tends to see perfectly acceptable usages as AL> mistakes. My eyes and brain simply *know* when something's right or AL> wrong. Mostly I use the spelling/grammar checker just to check for AL> typos. Yep...same problem I usually have. I've got WordPerf 5.1 with a grammar checker, but it usually can't do more than point out a few obvious errors that I can find better when I just plain read the thing. It's a nice help when I'm feeling a little lazy and only want a cursory proofread, though... MI>Nope, I miss out on all three counts, unless caffeine and ibuprofen count >as drugs. Oh, I suppose I don't have *everything*...at least, not in actua >But everything I want is available in potential. (Of course, some of the >potentials are pretty farfetched...I don't see myself getting a house anyti >soon...) AL> If you want a house badly enough, chances are one will turn up AL> unexpectedly. Magick works! "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it, and it might be taxable!" I do want eventually to live in a house. Not right now, though; any house we could afford right now would be a house I wouldn't want to live in. I can't move very far, since I'm a student at Berkeley...and the cost of a decent house (including payments, bills, repairs, etc.) would be about twice what we're currently paying for rent. Nope, not right now. AL> (I had a "hearth" that I made out of flat AL> stones - it was no more than six inches in its largest dimension - and AL> I burned cone incense and occasionally some twigs on it, for AL> "hearth/home magick". Sure enough, the house we found had a fireplace, AL> into which I incorporated the "hearth".) That's neat! I'm glad you met with success. Put a log on the fire for me. MI>I suppose that I have all that I want only in the sense that I'm quite happ >with what I have. There are many things I would like which are quite simpl >out of my reach (a '58 Fury, red, with 8-cyl. 429 and leather interior, for >example) but I am pretty satisfied by what I have. AL> There are a few things I've wanted desperately almost all my life that AL> haven't yet manifested in the real world; foremost among them is AL> flying lessons/pilot's license/plane (!). Other than that, the things AL> I'm unhappy about not having are mostly intangibles. Yes. Same here, I guess...only sort of the opposite. There are a lot of things I've wanted very much all my life that I simply can't have right now unless I win the lottery this week...but I'm doing pretty well on the intangibles. I've found my path, I've found my fiancee. I may sometimes wish that I would learn faster, but I know that's just a minor flaw of impatience on my part. All things happen in their own time. AL> Upgrade your wetware! MI>Stolen without remorse. AL> That's OK, I stole it in the first place! ;-) I've stolen a few in my time...(a few! hehe! 130K, a few...) but most of the ones I get stolen from me (that I get told about, anyhow) are ones I made up myself...I take a sort of perverse pride in that... Blessed Be, Milamber, a.k.a. Maus ... Goddess gives us the nuts, but, She does _not_ crack them for us. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718