From: MILAMBER Area: Mundane To: ALICE 1 Jun 94 22:03:00 Subject: LIVE AND LET LIVE, IN UpdReq --- On 05-16-94 20:07, Alice dared speak the following: Al> I do not need a penis. I am better than any man ever made by the Al> Goddess. By the way men are mistakes and natures way of telling a Al> joke. Al> Alice Without that joke, though, you wouldn't be what you are. Without some element of maleness, you would be an asexual being (a primitive tree, maybe, or some anaerobic bacterium...hardly an appealing life, by our standards. You wouldn't even have a modem!) Or are you going to tell us you have no father? Sheesh. Blessed Be, Milamber, a.k.a. Maus ... If one's only tool is a hammer, all problems tend to look like nails. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: Urhla 3 Jun 94 11:29:22 Subject: Kitchen Witch UpdReq UR>I keep fretting about whether Sauls teeth will get to long. I had him check >at the vet and he loves chewing sticks. BTW I got to trance him last night. >was honored. If your bunny loves to chew, he's a "normal" rabbit, and he probably won't have trouble with his teeth. Radar's problems are 1) he's a "mutt", a cross between two rather dissimilar breeds (Netherland Dwarf and English Spot); he has a short, rounded face, but his teeth belong in a more elongated muzzle. 2) he was taken away from his mother too early, so he never really learned how to be a rabbit -- he doesn't chew on things, and he doesn't even eat carrots (Rascal will practically yank them out of your hands!) I'm not sure what you meant by "trance". But bunnies can be *very* psychic, almost like cats sometimes. UR>I like what you said about the road maps. Unfortunately I kept taking the s >road. Now Im more interested in the scenic route. I am slightly frightened >altered states, Ive done some meditations and felt very taken aback by thei >power. I would get highly vivid hallucinations or dream imagery. It was lik >REM sleep while being awake. I think Ill just stick to grounding techniques >for a while. That's OK. You probably NEED to concentrate on grounding. If you find the altered states frightening or overpowering, you need to learn how to control that, and grounding is how you start. Personally, *I'm* an intensity freak, and the more "altered" I can get, through trance or energy-raising or meditation or whatever, the better I like it. My High Priestess has to keep reminding me to ground it and not hang onto the "high" for too long. So I'm really not the best person to talk to if you need to do more with grounding...but, if/when you want to explore the more "high-energy" (pun intended) states, I will *of course* be glad to share my experiences with you. SLMR 2.0 "Energize," said Picard; and the pink bunny appeared... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: Urhla 3 Jun 94 11:29:24 Subject: giggling UpdReq UR>I was just reading in one of your postings about giggling after trance or >energy work. I did some energy play with some friends the other night. (you >know, making a ball of energy and passing it to eachother.) The experience >quite intense for myself and my partner. Afterwards and I admit during, I g >the giggles, It was a free laugh, light, and warm. He also got into a more >violent fit of giggles. Must do something to the endorphins. >I was also wondering what trad. you practice, if you are allowed to say. >Nice talking to you again >Urhla The plain fact is, any of these techniques basically get you stoned, without the problems associated with drugs. I think it's something more subtle than endorphins; neurotransmitters, probably. But for me it's usually like my recollections of the best weed highs, but full of energy instead of "laid-back". You just feel so damned *GOOD* that you can't help giggling and lauging. Think of it as a gift of ecstasy from the Goddess. My "trad" is Proteus; in fact, I belong to Proteus Coven itself. (If you've never heard of it, it's yet another sprig of the weird and wonderful shrub whose root is Gardnerianism.) We're *VERY* eclectic and free-form. What's yours? SLMR 2.0 Mind+Will+Creativity=Magick 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718