From: Albertus Magnus Area: Mundane To: All 3 Jun 94 14:26:52 Subject: Drink beer, reduce debt UpdReq LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- Beer consumption isn't often associated with the word ``reduction,'' but the bottler of a new brew wants Americans to help drink away the national debt. For every case of Billary, a new beer named for President Clinton and First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, Cleveland-based Presidential Bottlers Inc. will donate 25 cents toward debt reduction. Cans of the ``politically correct choice'' were introduced across Arkansas this week by Presidential and Moon Distributors of Little Rock. Presidential founders David H. Kaufman and Albert J. Mendel promised to make the donation when they launched the beer earlier this year. They've already presented a $5,000 check, written to the Bureau of the Public Debt, to Rep. Louis Stokes, D-Ohio. ``We project that at this rate, we will need to `only' sell another 200 trillion more cases to retire the debt,'' the pair said. Kaufman and Mendel say the beer, Presidential's only product, is offered in the spirit of political satire. The label, for instance, says: ``Attention. Billary Beer has not been made or endorsed by any government agency or employee thereof. Any similarity to any person or persons living in a white house is purely coincidental.'' Billary is also available in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, New York and Illinois. The Pittsburgh Brewing Co. brews the beer. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: ARAIGUMA Area: Mundane To: LIANA 31 May 94 18:47:00 Subject: RE. KITCHEN WITCH UpdReq -=> Quoting Liana to Araiguma <=- Ar> Nope. Never got used to them. The stuff they served in school Ar> cafeterias didn't help. Library paste tasted infinitely better... Li> It did? Didn't your tongue get a bit, er, well, pasty? Not too badly, as I recall. Not nearly as efficient an adhesive as peanut butter. Li> ew... remember making "play-doh" using Elmer's, flour and water? Just Li> add food coloring... Ar> Nope. Never did that gig--just regular papier mache. Li> Poor thing... another fun one is simply mixing Elmer's with food Li> coloring... pour it out onto a slick surface and let dry. You get Li> this plastic-y stuff you can cut into different shapes and make Li> "stained glass" with. The kids love it. If mixed/thinned with a little coffee, agitated, and let dry, it makes a great fake "Coke spill" for those "no food and drink in the library" displays... Li> I can't imagine people deliberately decorating that way... it must be Li> one of those things that just *happens.* Like floral patterns. Ar> Scarily enough, my mother's place has a type of this decor, what with Ar> all of the antique utensils hanging all over the place. No gingham Ar> bows on them, though, which would push it over the edge. Li> I should think... all those utensils, crashing to the ground. Luckily, it's not as earthquake-prone as these parts, though quakes are not at all uncommon there. Ar> I wasn't wrong after all... Ar> As eggs and I don't get along very well, I think this may be another Ar> miss. (The list: bananas, walnuts, eggs, mushrooms, invertebrates, most Ar> forms of pork...) Li> So. What *can* you eat? Milk in any of its permutations, most vegetables and fruits, beef, lamb, poultry, breads with little or no egg, chocolate... Off to raid the fig bars blessings, Araiguma ... Life is just one nonsequitur after catfish. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Phillip Barker Area: Mundane To: All 1 Jun 94 02:43:00 Subject: down bbs UpdReq Well met, I thought I'd mention here that my system (EarthRite) is down due to a complete hard drive failure. I am waiting for new hd's to be shipped and will be back online soon...Blessed BE!...Phil 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Alpha Wolf Area: Mundane To: Ace Lightning 2 Jun 94 22:59:00 Subject: LYCANTHROPY UpdReq AL> Um, er, uh...have you been playing Shadowrun? I don't mean AL> to insult or AL> discount your experiences -- far from it! -- but dragons AL> are imaginary, AL> although wolves aren't. This entity is probably a creation AL> of your own AL> mind(s), given power by your own fear. Have you asked Wolf, AL> and what was AL> His answer? Wolf and I both feel that this dragon is real. And if you are talking to a werewolf, how do you disbelieve in dragons? Maybe your parents revealed the illusion of Santa Claus too soon, no? AL> In the meantime, try purifying yourselves (and the area AL> you're in) by AL> "smudging" with sage. Many "New Age" and "occult" shops AL> sell whole AL> sage. Light it and blow it out, like stick incense; it will AL> smolder and AL> give off fragrant smoke. Waft the smoke over yourselves AL> with a wave of AL> your hand, or a feather fan if you have one. As the smoke AL> passes over AL> you, visualize it "cleansing" you, dissolving everything AL> that is not in AL> harmony with your purpose. Be aware that you created your AL> own fear, so AL> you can unmake it again. JINX!!! You owe me a soda! hahahaha!!! Your advice has reached me too late, for I have alreadyrecieved advice from a wiccan in Ashland. Real nisi lady and store. She sold me mugwart to mix with sage as a smudge... I'm going to take a salt bath before I do it, to help cleanse me... The mugwart is supposed to draw in more "vital energies" though I am hoping for more wolf energies than anything right now! (like I need more) AL> AW> AL> AW>GoddESSes? Wow! Lucky you! heh ;-) AL> AW> AL> Are you Wiccan? Have you ever heard of "drawing down the AL> > AL> Moon"? (Not the AL> > AL> book by Margot Adler; the ritual itself.) That's how I AL> > AL> became acquainted AL> > AL> with voluntarily surrendering control to Someone other than AL> > AL> my outward AL> > AL> personality. AL> AW>I have heard of the book, but not the activity... Hmmm... AL> It is a process by which the Priestess (and, in my AL> tradition, the Priest AL> may do it also) allows the Goddess (or God) to speak AL> through her. In its AL> most powerful form, it is "voluntary possession", vaguely AL> similar to the AL> possession trance of Santeria and Voudoun. It is almost AL> literally AL> indescribable; the effect is too overwhelming to explain in AL> mere words. AL> I tend to giggle a lot afterwards. Well.... ;-) I am slowly learning much about pagan stuff (I'm sure there is a more artistic way to put that). Likeing it alot... Did you know that mugwart is halucanogenic? ;-) But the pagan beliefs make much more sense... AL> AW> AL> Wolf is always good for warriors... AL> AW>Warrior? Me? hahahaha!!!!!! ;-) Sure, I swordfight alot, but I'm AL> definately AL> >NOT a sterio-typical warrior, am I? heh! AL> I wouldn't know; I don't know you personally. But you and AL> Wolf have AL> chosen each other, so there must be *some* "warrior soul" AL> in you. Well, it's all in the wrists... ya see, when you have a knight on either side of you, and only have a pair of push daggers, the best advantage you can have is hope they both swing high, duck, and kill them both in two simple thrusts and... Uh, I've been in the S.C.A. for 1.5 years, is that too long? ;-) AL> AW> AL> I used to be a hippie...but "possession trance" is legal, AL> > AL> cheap, AL> > AL> relatively harmless (as long as you observe basic AL> > AL> safeguards!), and a AL> > AL> lot better for you than drugs. And the "high" can AL> > AL> definitely be AL> > AL> "higher". AL> AW>I agree with this mentality, And bonding with Wolf is at least more AL> potent AL> >than a niccotine high! heh! (I hope so!) AL> (Nicotine is one drug I *haven't* used...) Trancework in AL> general is MUCH AL> better for you than drugs. Granted, one can abuse even AL> trance...but at AL> least it doesn't cost anything and doesn't screw around AL> with your body AL> (beyond stuff like needing protein foods after a really AL> intense AL> session...) Yeah, more of the same... hahaha!!! You ever notice how as we reply over and over to the same paragraphs, that part of the message becomes uninteresting and actually redundantly stupid in a redundant way? ;-) Nevermind... AL> AW> AL> Alas, in this society, you'd simply be labeled "psychotic", AL> > AL> and probably AL> > AL> dosed with heavy-duty drugs until Wolf could no longer AL> > AL> reach you. AL> AW>Uh-oh! hahahah!! I tried it for a whole day, walking around as Wolf... AL> >hahahahaha!!! Nobody could figure me out, and Wolf was actually AL> pretending AL> >be me... heh... Maybe he's been hanging around with Coyote? AL> What do you mean, "nobody could figure you out"? Nobody AL> noticed anything AL> different? Or everybody noticed that something weird was AL> going on, but AL> nobody could tell *what*? Nobody could tell WHAT!!! hahahahha!!!! It was great! AL> And, yes, Wolf has been known to hang out with Coyote AL> sometimes... AL> unless Wolf is mad at Coyote for stealing part of his AL> latest kill... ;-) AL> > AL> resigned. If I need AL> > AL> arithmetic done, I use a calculator; if I need math done, I AL> > AL> ask my AL> > AL> husband. AL> AW>Just remember that all numbers equal zero, and you'll be OK... AL> Only when it comes to my bank balance...;-) Ah- just reverse the equasion, and your bank account (and all numbers in general) instantly become infinity!!!!! AL> AW>Oh yes, I remember you suggested getting my teeth altered to look more AL> cani AL> >Well, I traded a valuable trading card for a set of movie quality AL> 'werewolf AL> >teeth. They look sooooo real! I like to either make faces in the AL> mirror and AL> >snarl, or smile as I pass people on the sidewalk with these! I freaked AL> out AL> >this one lady... her jaw dropped strait down! hahahahahahah!!! You had AL> to b AL> >there, I guess... AL> Yup. Wolf's been hanging out with Coyote! :-) What makes you say that? Even the queen of England picks her nose!! --Alph Wolf 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Alpha Wolf Area: Mundane To: Ace Lightning 2 Jun 94 23:05:00 Subject: meanwhile, back at the ra UpdReq AL> 'Scuse me for butting in here, but... No prob, but you'll have to talk to the other guy to reserve a room at the ranch! ;-) AL> No wonder I was responding to your questions about AL> lycanthropy! AL> I'm a "techno-witch" myself. Machinery and I have always AL> gotten along AL> well. I have never felt a conflict between magick and AL> technology! AL> I used to be in Mensa, a long time ago. I have no idea what AL> my IQ is AL> currently, but I'd be willing to bet I'm still in that one AL> percent. AL> I also have a "near-photographic memory". If I've once seen AL> a word in AL> print, I know how it's spelled (and I've seen a LOT of AL> words in print, AL> being severely hyperlexic...) AL> I like metal, some C&W (I worked as a C&W disc jockey for a AL> long time), AL> classical, and almost anything except "elevator music". AL> I'm rather noticeable overweight. And I'm a Sagittarius. AL> (I'm also 46 years old and married. Oh well, you can't have AL> everything...) Why Ace, are you trying to ask me on a date? ;-) Well, you may have been a techno-witch, but were you a cyberpunk as well? Were you ever totally technotised? Have you cast the computer equivalent of magic through the computer? It has windows, doors, ports and gates. It uses precise chemicals for certain parts, etched in a pattern with energy constantly flowing all around it. It projects light from energy, can operate as a crystal ball, send and recieve messages in the form of energy to anywhere in the world... THAT is the techno-magic... The true standing stone of the techno-mancer! But that's not to say that traditional magic is bad either! ;-) Otherwise, we wouldn't all be here... I guess... So, uh, now what do we talk about? --Alph Wolf The HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwllllling one! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fir Area: Mundane To: Ace Lightning 4 Jun 94 10:56:00 Subject: Proteus UpdReq AL> Fred was High AL> Priest when I joined, and I have many fond memories of him. He AL> decided AL> to stop participating actively in the Craft in order to pursue AL> his music more full-time. I've a copy of the albumn _A song of gods gone mad_ by Fred et. al. (1980). Is that Margot on the song 'Diana', do you know? AL> Nope. Never met anyone who owned a sailboat If you see Brett, tell him I said hi. BTW, do you know who's putting on Panthea this year? Blessed Be, Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718