From: Kalzen Entrop Area: Mundane To: Frater Almost 7 Mar 94 14:41:00 Subject: HI! Rec'd UpdReq Right now I'm looking for a mentor in Enochian. And trying to learn German, and am writing a song. Nothing much. Kal- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 7 Mar 94 01:03:28 Subject: What the. . . ? #3 UpdReq -=> Kayla Block sent a message to Christeos Pir on 03 Mar 94 22:49:36 <=- -=> Re: What the. . . ? #3 <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. KB> getting out of town probably did clear my head, but unfortunately, if KB> anything, it really made me realize just how much i need to move out KB> of l.a. i have been thinking of moving to northern calif. for a long KB> time, but it seems like i just need to do it, rather than think about KB> it. After I left Chicago and moved downstate to Champaign-Urbana, I ran into an old acquaintance on a visit back to the big city. "So," he said, "You couldn't take the city, so you ran away." "Well," I replied, "If you fell in a sewer, and after a while decided to get out and clean yourself up, would you call it 'running away?'" KB> how come you don't think you're going to make it to NOLA? (if you KB> don't mind me being nosy.) is it because of needing a new vehicle? Just can't be that extravagant two years in a row. We were only able to go last year by wiping out most of my available savings. Even if we can get the credit union to cover 100% of the loan, including downpayment et al, we still need to put some money into mundane things around here -- more, in fact, than we can actually afford to do, so it comes down to trying to decide which we're going to put off. But basically, I can't see splurging a couple of grand two years running on vacation, when there're responsibilities we've been letting ride. Can't be a grasshopper ALL my life! At least, that's what my "Boss" (Adonai, not Alma.) says. KB> makes me froth at the mouth! but, i think i'm stuck with my clunker, KB> (it's fairly new, but a discontinued model, and already a dinosaur!), KB> for awhile longer. but, prices have been dropping like crazy, KB> (especially for macintosh'es) and i hope i can get one within the KB> year. My father had originally offered to match however much money I saved towards a new system, but that seems to have faded; then he said he was going to upgrade his system (Gateway 386sx33) for a new one this Summer and would give me his old one, but he's suddenly had a bunch of medical expenses, so I don't know if he'll be doing that after all. I'd like to do a couple of things to breathe new life into this one, if they won't cost an arm and a leg, and if he's definately not going to upgrading his. KB> say hello to alma for me! Done. Love is the law, love under will. - CP ... They flee away, but my joy abideth even unto the end. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: Mundane To: Rose Dawn 7 Mar 94 02:18:36 Subject: Re: DRESS CODES Rec'd UpdReq -=> Rose Dawn sent a message to Christeos Pir on 01 Mar 94 10:30:52 <=- -=> Re: Re: DRESS CODES <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> Gracias. Hehe, although no less topical than plenty of threads I've RD> seen therein. ;> I know, but I didn't want to keep on being part of the problem. (Especially as much of a PITA as I get over the Sex_Magick echo.) RD> Sounds like maybe the most logical first step is to ask for RD> a one-on-one with the principal, and see if she'll go beyond "These RD> are the rules, so follow them." It's worth a try, I reckon. It'd help if you had more support, if it was more than just her (with the weight of The Rules behind her) vs you. RD> her, and what REALLY steamed me, is that one of the *adult* playground RD> monitors overheard, and said to Tam "Well, you shouldn't wear those RD> satanic symbols if you don't want people to think these things about RD> you." Grrr... that's the sh*t that really steams me. C'mon everyone, let's all blame the victim! RD> I guess the interpretation RD> of "no occult symbolism" is at the discretion of the RD> Vice-Principal...when I went to get her earrings back from the dood, RD> and told him they were little silver stars in little silver circles, RD> and what the heck was the prob, he said they could be "interpreted as RD> occult symbols" and "just don't let her wear them again." It never ceases to amaze -or infuriate- me when some petty tinhorn decides that they can pass a rule for everyone else, and that you then have no recourse, simply because "it's the rule (policy, etc.)." Example: the local fire marshall came through our neighborhood and had fire lane/no parking zones declared just about everywhere there was a clear curb. Since we're only 'issued' two parking spaces, and the people with more than two vehicles are now forced to take up the visitors' spaces, what happens if someone wants to have friends over for dinner or whatever? "Sorry... policy." RD> People have *real* things to worry about down on Imperial Ave. Yeah, incredible ain't it? I was thinking about all the things there are in this society, and our present-day world, about which one could, and often should, get on a crusade: from crime to repression to rape to sexual mutilation to abortion rights to the homeless to individual freedoms in general to... There's no way that any one person could take an active role in all of them... or, perhaps, only one: to put one's life into working to establish the Law of Thelema. Thus, the answer -if it be one's Will- is to throw oneself into the work of the OTO. Remember that church trip Tami went through briefly last year? (Rhetorical question.) Ours went to a Mass this morning, and wants to go with her friend to check out her Sunday School. She's hesitant about all this, especially around me, knowing how I feel -and having heard plenty of rants- about Xianity in general, and Fundies in particular. But she's also been assured by us that it's our wish that she check out as many different viewpoints as possible and make up her own mind. We're going to have my dad take her to a Synagogue for a Jewish service, we'll find her a Unitarian service, and we'll make a point of taking her to NY for a Gnostic Mass. Also want to find out what there is in the way of other religious services around: Buddhist, etc. RD> Really! I had no idea...there was a schism in the Brotherhood over the RD> right to fly a patch?!? It had to do with the original "No Colors, Neutral Territory" rule at ABATE events here. A few people who were jealous (this is all IMO, of course) of the folks who had made ABATE a viable political force in Virginia, and wanted more of a hardcore, party hearty, atmosphere -and members- forced the issue into a dividing line. To make a long story short, the ones who'd been the driving force from Day One got fed up of all the in-fighting and the fact that the so-called brotherhood was now deeply divided, left. It's been pretty much limp since then, from what I've seen. The new so-called leadership took credit for Va. D.O.T. giving bikes the right to use HOV lanes (on a two-year trial basis), but as far as I can tell, that was mostly due to the hard work of the AMA and the BMW owners group. Love is the law, love under will. - CP ... and the little boat was the chariot of the flesh, 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: Mundane To: The Fool 6 Mar 94 14:13:16 Subject: Re: AIDS Paranoia & Fascist Prodding UpdReq TF> I heard that AIDS was created by the World Healtn Organisation. It was TF> supposed to be a genetically engineered polio TF> vaccine. The green monkey TF> connection is probably that they tested it on those green monkeys. The Last summer Rolling Stone had an article which posited that HIV was unwittingly created by Sabin's experiments in Africa to create the current crop of polio vaccines. Bovine sera was useless as a catalyst in the immunization process, so he decided to try a simian-type sera base. It should be simple to check the seed sera to see if the virus is within. The thing with vaccines and other immunization treatments is that in order to work, they have to have a protein base that is incompatible enough to trigger an immune response but not so incompatible as to cause serious or fatal responses (as is the case with receiving the wrong blood type). Equine sera used to innoculate the population here against measles did nothing in Korea during the war there because horseflesh was a staple of the diet (bovine sera works only in infants who have not had a substantial portion of beef in the diet so as to acclimate to the protein). I've heard of the theoretical possibilities, made by the increasing resistance and sopistication of some pathogens, of going outside the mammalian kingdom entirely to develop other sera. One reader in Rolling Stone remarked that if it is indeed the case that the Sabin vaccine carried an exclusively simian pathogen that mutated to cause the present trouble, it is the supreme irony that we wiped out one plague only to create another even worse. TF> connection is probably that they tested it on those green monkeys. The TF> main (world wide) source of HIV infections is mass TF> innoculation programs TF> undertaken in the third world by WHO. TF> Al least - that's what I heard :-> Those cases of HIV infection result from poorly monitored vaccines for TB made from contaminated sera, usually within the countries they are distributed. Despite its reputation, quality control is not WHO's strong suite. Their campaign to eradicate TB has, in some medical opinions, only resulted in the production of more resistant strains due to inadequate follow-up procedures. TF> A more sinister therory was that HIV was TF> deliberatly designed to cut down TF> 3rd world overpopulation. Some left-wing conspiracy theorists, LaRouche, and the Nation of Islam are currently touting that theory. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Geordi LaForge Area: Mundane To: All 8 Mar 94 12:33:00 Subject: ADULT BBS w/PodNET UpdReq ********************************************* ** ** ** T H E HoloDeck B B S ** ** ** ** (604) 433 - 7156 ** ** 2400-14.4k v.32bis ** ** ** ********************************************* Features: - over 14,000 adult pictures! - over 6,000 shareware programs! - two 14.4k v.32bis lines! - FidoNET, SigNET, RaceNET, InterSports, PodNET, UserNET, and PixNET! - Internet coming VERY soon! - 1.2gig HD & 3 CD-ROM drives >>ON LINE<< DON'T BE LEFT OUT - CHECK OUT VANCOUVER'S FASTEST GROWING SYSTEM TODAY! ************* ADULTS ONLY ! ************* 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Richard W. Handel Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 9 Mar 94 06:28:36 Subject: The Missing Post! Sent UpdReq 93 Kayla! KB> BTW, i just found out from phil, (the sysop here at KB> mysteria) that david had asked that the TOGD sub be KB> removed from novanet distribution. i was wondering KB> who is carrying it, if not novanet? is it a PODS KB> echo? Yup, it's a PODS echo. Richard 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Richard W. Handel Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 9 Mar 94 06:30:22 Subject: The Missing Post! Sent UpdReq 93 again! KB> hmmm..i *have* seen this post before. i thought KB> that i had replied to it. is it actually a missing KB> reply, rather than a missing post? let me know. I think it must be a missing reply. Unless I didn't get the reply? I don't see anything up here. BTW, I have a school update for you. My current status is: 5 rejections 1 completed interview 3 more interviews scheduled I'm pretty happy with the ratio so far. Especially since these programs are so damn hard to get into. I got one rejection from West VIrginia that said they had 384 applicants for 10 slots. I didn't feel too bad after seeing that! I'm starting to think that this whole thiong is somewhat of a joke. For example, I had a 3.86 GPA in psychology, a 1300 on the GRE general test, and a 690 (94th percentile) ont he psychology GRE. I also worked on two research grants. I assume (since I got rejected form some schools) that other people had better qualifications. I don't understand how they can make rational, intelligent decisions when there are a bunch of well qualified people among the applicants. Oh well! 93! Richard 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Frater Almost Area: Mundane To: Kalzen Entrop 9 Mar 94 20:07:18 Subject: HI! Sent UpdReq Huh-huh-huh! Enochian is cool! Huh-huh-huh! Ever read _The Enochian World of Aleister Crowley: Enochian Sex Magick_? It is much better than the Schueler's crap (but I do recommend the Enochian tarot deck 'coz I love Sallie Ann Glassman's work and her personallity) and it is by a more credible author: Lon Milo DuQuette (w/Chris Hyatt). It is highly recommended and really cool. I'm currently trying to find someone in my little hick-town here to help me with some of the experiments in the book. German is a cool language. I've got to do eight or so under-grad hours pretty soon in Deutsche so that I can get into the University of Arizona's Applied Math Grad program. Gads what a bitch! (Fags doing math... not in drama.... not in art.... not in nursing... not in english... what is this world coming to?!) At any rate, write back asap. Much to discuss I'm sure. Good luck with your endeavors. :) IAO I U PAX M O XCIII 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718