From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 6 Feb 94 19:39:00 Subject: Subgenius UpdReq KB->thanks, julian. actually, my friend passed away this morning. i'm not eve KB->sure how (or why) i'm even trying to answer mail today. looking for a bit KB->distraction, i guess. My sincere condolences to you, Kayla, and wishes for your healing in this difficult time. My father died four years ago Valentine's Day, and it's still hard for me...though every circumstance is different. Is there anything I can do at all, besides be your friend? KB->i must admit that the last few weeks have been really KB->stressful for numerous reasons. but, i guess this tops it. i may leave to KB->for a bit and take a little vacation up to san francisco. right now, i'm KB->waiting to find out if there is going to be any type of service for my frie KB->in california, or if it will just be in seattle. If you get up here by any chance, while I would enjoy meeting you, I will completely understand if you would really rather not do so under the circumstances. If I can help in some way, please holler. KB->but, if i unexpectedly disappear from the boards for a week or so, that wou KB->be the reason. i may try to voice you next week, but can't say for sure. KB->depends on what's going on. Whatever works best for you. I get home about 6:30 PM normally and am usually home in the evening. If you need to talk about it, or to be distracted, I'm flexible. KB->thanks again. Any time, Kayla. :) Goddess bless. -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * She's been waiting for Her children to remember.... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: Mundane To: Lynna Landstreet 8 Feb 94 15:34:24 Subject: Change of Subject UpdReq LL> I tend to agree. I think the primary reason most LL> media don't cover that LL> sort of thing is not due to any sort of desire to LL> "suppress" it, but to LL> the simple fact that it is unmitigated bulls**t. There is a vast LL> difference betwen censorship and simple LL> journalistic responsibility. Even LL> I, as a relatively well-read non-scientist, could LL> poke plenty of holes in LL> Strecker's extremely flimsy arguments; anyone with a real scientific LL> background could no doubt rip them to shreds. I had LL> considered posting a LL> response pointing out a few of the flaws, but LL> decided it probably wasn't LL> worth the bother, as the people who believe in that LL> sort of thing aren't LL> likely to be dissuaded by something as irrelevant as the facts. I agree, which is one reason the major mainstream source of alternative AIDS info, SPIN, has repeatedly rejected Strecker's manuscripts. LL> * Freddie 1.2 * Honor life. Without Earth, there LL> is no Heaven. (John Trudell) To jump off the subject for a moment--This tagline reminded me of similar words in Jane Siberry's album "Bound By The Beauty," which in turn bids me to ask if you would happen to have idea if she has announced a tour schedule yet for "When I Was A Boy"? I appreciate any response. Life is a tall white building/It's carrying a message/Carrying it away... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Medusa Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 9 Feb 94 22:34:08 Subject: Psychotherapy UpdReq So what is your focus w/ your degree program....I'm chewing on several ideas... I am interested in Women's Issues...I also am having my interest piqued by a Psychology/Religion track at ISPP...I could pursue some of my ideas about priestessing and therapizing being very similar. They are often looking for Non-christians in that track. Also, There are some things interesting about when psychological crises have religious features to them, and vice versa. Medusa 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Styxx Area: Mundane To: Dragonrider 9 Feb 94 14:36:00 Subject: Re: AIDS Paranoia & Fasci UpdReq DR> St> You know, I think you'll find that the majority of the population is DR> St> poorly educated and are unable or unwilling to think for themselves. DR> St> People are ruled by the media, that is their god. DR>One loud mouth does not mean that the mouth speaks for the majority of DR>the people. Well then I believe that you do are either very isolated, and can't see what I see happening, or your opinion of me is biased. I might have AIDS or HIV(I'm careless about sex like most youth). And if someone wants to kill me or isolate me for it, then I will fight them in any way possible to survive...and they are fighting me to survive. If you are biased then perhaps it is because you are fighting me for survival. I am not a leader, nor do I have any potential. I am no threat. Be reasonable, it's only a discussion. DR>There are a lot of younger people who are NOT apathetic and pissed. DR>These people see that something needs to be done and are acting instead DR>of sitting on their asses pissing and moaning. Are you insinuating that I am pissing and moaning? What is this group of non-pissing and non-apathetic younger people doing instead of pissing and moaning? Anyway, I HAVE to sit on my hyney...I'm studying to be a Certified Novell Engineer...hard work. DR> You are talking to someone who is HIV+ and has been for over 7 years. I DR> am more healthy than many of the people I have worked with who have DR> called in sick numerous times. I have missed 1 day of work in 3 years DR> while four people have missed more than 6 months in one year. These DR> people are NOT HIV+. They are as healthy as you are. If one has a disease, you are unhealthy. Meaning if one has AIDS(which is what I said)...he is not a completely healthy person. I have a friend who has Epstine Bar(sp?) and Psyclomeglo(sp again) viruses. He is fit as a fiddle until he is under stress, at which time he gets a bad fever and is immobile for a week. I consider him unhealthy because he is not disease free. DR>Isolating people with a disease does NOT deal with it. It merely HIDES DR>it from public view, much as the Down's Syndrome child was hidden in the DR>basement or the sanitarium years ago. A hidden problem does not go away, DR>it remains until it is dealt with. So are you saying that IF AIDS kills off say half the population of the earth...that those infected, should go on with their usual routine and be permitted to spread it to anyone who they see fit? I'll tell you one thing is for sure. If threatened with death, people will be scared into removing/isolating AIDS infected people from society. You don't seem to understand that most people fear death in a big way, whether there is a valid reason for it or not. Look at the Black Plague. Governments can be brought down by this sort of thing. "Madness is rare in individuals--but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule." Fredrick Nietzsche DR>AIDS is NOT going to devestate the entire world population. Here is a I never said it would. I said it could. DR>quick list of how to protect yourself... DR>1..Practice celibacy. DR>2..Handfast a Virgin. DR>3..Practice monogamy. DR>4..Use your own blood whenever you need surgery. DR>5..INSIST your doctor/dentist use two sets of gloves of two differing DR>colors when working on you, this protects him as well as you. DR>6..Make sure your healthcare provider uses fresh/sterile needles at ALL DR>times. DR>7..Learn the facts. Thank you...I'll take your advice. But you can't just throw this list in front of everyone and expect them to follow it. Disease will still spread. I am offering only my thoughts on a possible situation. No sir...I'm not"pissing and moaning." You are. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Teejay Area: Mundane To: Diva 8 Feb 94 21:35:52 Subject: Dink*a*dink*a*doo UpdReq Hey, Happy Birthday! Hope all is well witchoo! What's WITH this Allison, anyway? How is it that you have all the answers to her messed-up life (not that ours, perhaps, are any less sordid) but you aren't responsible for her woes. Hell, why don't some people get lost of their own accord, without having to be invited?! I've had a fun week, having to master Windows 3.1, Lotus, and HG3 in three days to keep the club running. I't great - the new machine is so much faster than the old one that it's a ball. I was supposed to work tonight - the bad news was we closed on account of the sleet, the good news was that I had another night to work on the tape mixing, but the bad news was that the roads were so awful I couldn't make it to Herndon....shoot! Once I get my stereo reconnected, I'll bounce a few tapes for you - I ripped it apart to take my CD player to my bro's house on Saturday night for his housewarming party; it was great being able to be the person getting drunk for a change! 'Side from dat, it's been work & sleep... a rough couple of weeks coming up schedule - wise, but that's okay. I haven't gotten to formulating those questions, but I'll be in touch. Gotta blow for now. L,TJ 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Diva Area: Mundane To: Teejay 9 Feb 94 10:47:12 Subject: Dink*a*dink*a*doo UpdReq Been wondering about your brother, TeeJ. I'm so curious as to what he's like and things. Birthday was great! Went to my pal's in the afternoon for "lunch" and we had a party, 35 or 40 bodies, and cake, (FAT FREE!) and lots of gabbing. THe lady next door came to complain about the music and ended up getting drunk! Two buds drove down From frigid New Yuck just to say "HBD!" Made me feel all warm and cozy inside. *I wore black leather* You know, I hadn't seen some of these guys in about a year, and they were all commenting on how calm I was...and how serene I seem. I guess I'm content now or something! I'm so into other things right now, I didn't notice! We video taped most of it, and its FUNNY! We got shots of the lady next door sitting at the bottom of the staircase swilling something out of the bottle and mumbling to herself. SOmeone put a tupperware bowl on her head. I almost died. THen theres a shot of my best friend sneezing and farting at the same time.... (Candid, of course). It was loud, it was fun, and every one was nice. *no doom* Good luck on your musical endevours! Rmemeber, I miss ya. I do. OH! And expect something in the mail at "yer office". Hugs, @#:-* *diva* 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Teejay Area: Mundane To: Diva 9 Feb 94 23:34:04 Subject: Dink*a*dink*a*doo UpdReq Hiyaa!.. Glad to hear your BD was H! Sounds as if you really had a blast - especially the lady next door! Any good sound clips to digitize? Y'now, now that you mention it, you DO seem more serene in recent years. Maybe that's because you've filtered most of the "weird" out of your life ( Yours truly excepted, of course ) , or perhaps there're other reasons, but you seem a lot more centered. I like it; you wear it well. Did you make any New Year's resolutions or Bday resolves? See, I haven't rapped with you in too long (January 14th, and yes, I DO keep track). I have a few: to let people know when I appreciate them, to let people know when I don't appreciate their performance (primarily in business contexts, but nobody's pissed me off socially yet, so I don't know WHAT I'll do), and not to worry about things I can't control. Those who know and love me will, of course, appreciate the magnitude of that last resolve, eh? Have another night of no work and roads too foul to get to your bro's, and am really chompin' at the bit heah! All my equipment is over there, so I can't evem write songs! Maybe now's a good time to start that novel.... You'd LOVE my brother - he's just like me, but cooler in some respects. Take my dislike of authority and raise it to the 16th power, toss in a love of gangster rap (yuck!!) and there ya are. He's into smileys just like me, but concentrates on happy fruit while I specialize in happy faces. Obviously, products of an odd childhood. Works for me, I guess. Did you get my card, I hope? Nothing in Inglese fit the mood of YOUR birthday, unconventional as thou art. Next time.... And, how's the redecorating going? L,TJ 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Diva Area: Mundane To: Teejay 10 Feb 94 13:48:12 Subject: new*dinka*doo UpdReq RE: Yer Bro....Gangster Rap....eh? Interesting. I wonder if Hea nd Mike and You have ever conglomerated....? I bet it would be a real jangle.. You told me he hung at "Boarders" book store? Now, dat sounds interesting. Hey, what about you and MIke starting your own recording studio and have "basement" bands start out recording their musical endevours with you all? Hey, you could DISCOVER people. Ah yes, the weather impeding artistic progress...You should call and pick this woman up on your way there. I'll wear someting Sandy will just....LOVE. (sarchasm....one of my hobbies....) and Maybe, if we're LUCKY...Tom "PAIN" will be there...He makes me want to hurl. Resolutions: I resolve never to make another resolution in my life. I don't have rules, Teej, I go with the flow. I'm making a big one to be mo' honest about my feelings .... even if it means I have to say something not so complimentary....Hey! They asked for it! Yeah, and Teej, about your resolution to let go of things that are outta yer hands....It lessens the stress level when you realize that every thing happens because its supposed to....and perhaps the things you want...you couldn't handle them yet, and you need to give things more time. If you control things, they only end up wanting to leave and learn and grow at their own rate...anyway. The Universe has its "seasons", and while you're waiting, perfect yourself. Learn from life. Don't judge. Learn with an open heart and an open mind. But then you KNOW this! So I should Just SHADDUP! You know what I got? I got this tiny "smiley" button you gave me years ago. I know you would want it back, so I'll tuck it in my wallet, and be sure and ask me for it when you see me next...ok? heres a smile for you in the interum.... :-) Odd childe hood? Haunted houses? WHO KNEW? You hafta tell me more some time when you feel like it! I'm interested, you see..... *diva*diva*doo* 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: Melizande 9 Feb 94 16:58:46 Subject: Fests (was MOre Jersey Ro UpdReq >Whoops! Must have gotten you confused with F14, she's the one moving to >Amarillo, isn't she? I agree completely with you, I'm somewhat less than f >of the place myself, but stuck here because of the job situation. Funny, b >S. O. and I became geologists because we love the outdoors and thought we'd >working in the field; instead we're both stuck in offices with lots of pape >in a miserably hot climate in a big city full of billboards and cowboys. I >been out for almost 6 months on maternity leave now, and in the meanwhile m >office moved to a new building that has *NO* windows. Can you imagine? I' >been there a couple of times; I have a nice office, but it's hermetically >sealed, done in maroon and grey (yuck!) and I'm going to go absolutely nuts >there. If I can't at least see daylight I can't function. I've already be >having heavy bouts of mid-life crisis ('course you could never tell, not fr >this note! ) but this is really sealing it; I just don't want to go back Maroon and grey?! Barf! Sneak in at night and spray-paint it all a nice bright electric blue or something! As far as being cut off from Nature...if you can put up pictures/posters of lots of scenery, sunny skies, etc., and have a bunch of potted plants around (ones that don't mind artificial light, like spider plants and aloe vera), it might help. And, of course, *ALWAYS* leave the building on your break. (On second thought....in Houston....maybe just the employee's cafeteria, with a picture window, will do; you don't want to breathe the air any more than you have to...) >I did get some info re Ecumenicon from a couple of folks in the DC area, an >think I want to go if I can swing it. If you have anything I'd welcome it, >though. Nothing yet. I'm scheduled for sinus surgery tomorrow...maybe after I've gotten back on track afterwards, I'll ask around. SLMR 2.0 It isn't easy being this weird! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: Rose Dawn 9 Feb 94 16:58:48 Subject: Re: TUNES! UpdReq RD>I'll keep it in mind. ;> Although I never layed face-down on the old >stereo, and I no longer have a console--or a turntable anything for that >matter. I'm hanging onto my stacks of albums for (a) sentimental value and >(b) monetary value, now that we don't get vinyl anymore. I just went out an >bought a CD player...whoa! I almost wish I hadn't, because now I don't enjo >listening to my tapes nearly as much, and have the strongest impulse to >forego buying coffee and food and paying the gas bill so's I can stock up o >more CDs. ;> The daughterly person gifted me with several CDs...I have on >well-off relative (rich aunt in Hawaii, although I think she's 'rich' by my >standards rather than truly rich) and Tam is her favorite niece; bottom lin >is that the old lady sends the kid money from time to time. It *really* >helped when we were broke, now that I'm back at work it's gravy! :> Anywa >she bought me Gin Blossoms, Smashing Pumpkins, and two Danzig CDs, then I don't have a CD player. Well, the CD-ROM we just installed in the PC will play music, but... I have a bunch of CD's from my recently deceased radio show, but they're all C&W, and mostly people nobody's heard of yet. >promptly co-opted one of said Danzig CDs for her own bad self. I have to pr >it out of her hands. She takes it to sleep with the phones on her head, and >when I go in to shut off her light, her knuckles are *white* man...it's >scary. In spite of your son's 'tude, you're probably lucky to be raising a >boy...this adolescent thang is too weird. The kid seemed to go from kid to >'babe-in-waiting' overnight! And with all the grrrrl-ish energy bouncing >around, it's almost like a poltergeist phenomenon. No.... I'd understand an adolescent girl, because I was one once myself. But boy-children are definitely from some other planet. Sometimes I think that testosterone causes brain damage... (hey, any males reading this, don't flame me, it's a girl-talk joke, OK?) RD> > rooster on acid". (I'm in a really perverted mood today: If Mick and > > Steve Tyler were both bisexual, and decided to kiss each other on the > > mouth, how much force would it take to break the suction?) RD>Hehehe...the mind boggles. Congratulations. You have just had your mind boggled by an expert. ;-) RD>Willie's cover of "Faded Love" is my all-time favorite, including the >original. I think the tax troubles have been good to him musickally--he was >falling into the pop trap; hard times have brought him back around. The man >is incredible. Ain't he just, though?! I've interviewed him a couple of times. He's really very sweet and gentlemanly, in an outlaw sort of way, if you can understand that. And he's got arms like a longshoreman and hands like a brain surgeon... RD>Isn't "One of These Days" an amazing tune? And Emmylou's "Trio" stuff was >the best, I think. ;> Since I also love Dolly Parton, and Linda Ronstadt's voice is nice too, I did love "Trio". (I love Dolly because she is what she is, without apologies. She wanted to have big t!ts and lots of blonde hair and wear high heels and sequined dresses... so she made herself into that image, consciously, and now revels in it. And she can *sing*. And some of her writing is pure natural poetry. Check out the song she did as a duet with Willie, "Everything's Beautiful In Its Own Way" -- NOT the same as the Roger Miller tune of the same name! It is **SOOOOOO** Pagan!) RD>Hey, my kid just told me Axl Rose is going to have a role in the flic >"Highlander III." That should oughta be interesting...a time-travelling bad >dude or something. Heck, we might even spring for actual movie tickets, ste >of waiting for it to come out on video. :> I definitely wanna see Axl as an immortal bad guy! (Although I'd love to see Slash in a movie...like I said, if I were 15, I'd have a raging case of the hots for him.) SLMR 2.0 Pornography? I don't even *own* a pornograph! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: David Arnold 9 Feb 94 16:58:48 Subject: Astral hugs to you! UpdReq DA>oh yes! too much eradicates the taste of the food, but i know what you mea >about spicy, i grew up with mexican food. and a few years ago used to eat >Chinese restaurants regularly in San Francisco, the hot stuff was always my >favorite, like Kung Pao duck! now you're making ME hungry! 8-j I'm stealing that smilie, with the bulging eyes and tongue hanging out! DA>make sure they give you some really weird new hallucinating anesthesia whil >they're operating; might as well get some fun out of the experience. 8) The surgery is tomorrow. I'm *terrified*. DA>wish you well, *Most* appreciated, kind sir! SLMR 2.0 I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm NOT GOING! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Dragonrider Area: Mundane To: Styxx 10 Feb 94 14:19:00 Subject: AIDS Paranoia & Facts UpdReq One reason why my scales are a little ruffled is because I'm reading facts as the 700 CLub presents them. So lets find out something. How do you feel HIV is spread? Do you feel HIV is the same thing as AIDS? I apologize for taking your first post personally, but being an person with HIV, it became personal whether it was intended to be or not. I will try not to flame, but I feel this is something that must be discussed in the open. May your halls be filled with laughter and merriment. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Stella Maris Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 10 Feb 94 15:22:00 Subject: Psychotherapy UpdReq Milton Erickson-- my hero! I went to several NLP seminars and watched The Next Generation do the magic thing. I wish I could have gone to see Virginia Satir in person. What were you planning to dissert on, BTW? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718