From: Christeos Pir Area: Mundane To: Fir 13 Aug 93 11:03:40 Subject: Date Discrepancy UpdReq -=> Fir sent a message to Mark O. Garrison on 12 Aug 93 07:20:00 <=- -=> Re: Date Discrepancy <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Fi> What were the letter translations you were telling Christeos Fi> about? I've figured out f means s and k means c. Any others Fi> you could tell me about that would help speed my reading and Fi> comprehension? Heh... good luck on speeding it up. Better to just take your time, methinks. BTW, as to pronunciation, I'm presently working on a paper on the subject of pronouncing the Calls. It'll compare the Aurum Solis version, Geoffrey James' "corrected" versions, and Dee's own marginalia. so far I'm finding that the best guide is the one in Donald Laycock's "Enochian Dictionary." I'll let you know when the paper is done, but it's gonna take some time, and won't translate to ASCII very well, since it's footnoted and uses underlining and boldface type. Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... These gods came right quickly to mine aid. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Phug Area: Mundane To: Stealth 13 Aug 93 17:48:00 Subject: Re: Life Philosophy UpdReq St> Needless to say, perhaps, I have been frightfully busy at work these St> last few St> weeks, and haven't had time to read even this package, much less St> pick up any St> new ones. I'm sorry - I hope you haven't given up on me! Of course I haven't given up on you. I am a patient soul. St> Pretty close to my own philosophy: Everything has a spirit; to St> more St> complex the object or place, the more "aware" or "personified" St> the St> spirit. (Computers, cars, and helicopters are all pretty St> lively.) Nice to find someone that agrees with me on matters such as these. St> mine. I do believe in reincarnation - but not for everyone. In St> particular, I do not have any sense of having lived before, but St> Fire has vivid episodes where she speaks languages she does not know St> (this life) and describes historical details that I have to look up to St> verify. Your ancestral memory theory accounts for the facts of her St> experiences, but not, to me, for their immediacy. I don't think it's really planned lucidity. I think, as you evolve to a higher mental state in your life, the veil between your life, and those that have gone before you thins, and the past slips into the present more frequently. St> There is much to be said for sex (and marriage, too, for that St> matter) being one facet of friendship, rather than vice versa. Indeed. I wish I had stopped to think of that before I rushed into marriage. St> You should write, then illustrate your own work. Of course, if St> I heard correctly elsewhere that you sometimes write erotica.... You heard correctly. I love to write erotica. It's a fantastic release. I have thought of illustrating my own covers, but that will have to wait until I manage to get published. St> Okay, map geek finally got out his "Central-Western US" and St> looked. It's 200 miles from Lawton to Tulsa, up I44 through OKC. Call it 4 hours - St> that's probably a little steep, unless I wind up with a whole St> day free. Do you have transportation, that we could meet in Oklahoma City St> somewhere? St> I, too, would like to meet face to face. We'll just have to St> keep our options open. Yes, that is a bit of a drive. I have no transportation until January, so a meeting in the middle is not likely. However, Fire mentioned something about you and she taking a vacation together in Oct., and she requested info about the trip to New Orleans I was planning then. I think that would be a great place for a meeting. If this seems plausible, my phone # is (918)599-7971. Call me and we can discuss it. Phug 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mark O. Garrison Area: Mundane To: Fir 13 Aug 93 08:56:62 Subject: Re: Date Discrepancy UpdReq DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW In a message dated 12 Aug 93 07:20:00, Fir wrote: F> I started reading A True and Faithful Relation last night F> and noticed that Lon Duquette gives Dee's birthdate as July 12, F> while Turner's book has July 13. Most interesting indeed. I would trust the date and time given in Turner's ELIZABETHEAN MAGIC as it is a typeset copy of Dee's Chart drawn by his own hand...I trust that Dee, being the Astrologer that he was, knew what he was doing... F> What were the letter translations you were telling Christeos F> about? I've figured out f means s and k means c. Any others F> you could tell me about that would help speed my reading and F> comprehension? Well, you have figured out the most difficult part...:) :) The rest is just antiquated speech and spellings. For practice, you might read Shakespeare or Spencer to get familiar with their vernacular...or just find an antiquated dictionary... They do have dictionaries solely for antiquated words, you know! :) :) Oh, another helpful tool may be a Latin dictionary...always keep it close at hand...there still remain many passages in Latin in Causobaun's edition. I suppose a Greek dictionary could help also. Good luck. I think you will probably be needing it! :) :) Love is the law, love under will, Mark O. Garrison 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718