From: Amethyst Area: Metaphysical To: All 29 Sep 94 02:58:08 Subject: my pending autobiography Pvt UpdReq * Original Area: WICCA * Original To : All (93:9630/10) I have decided on a better and less winded title for my pending autobiography: The Incredible Breakthrough of Aine MacLir (the name "Aine," is pronounced "Anya"). Pretty cool, huh? I think it has a nice ring to it. I think that title could make my book a best seller! So like I said before, watch for it in the coming months and perhaps years....all in good time in light of my still tenuous mental stability. The same stuff applies as per my earlier message...it will give people hope and inner strength. I've already had a female user log and read my bulletin to my users about the situation and wish me the best and admit to me that my story has already given her a lot of hope and strength. That makes me feel really good and confident that the work will help people all over the world! It will be worth it if it helps just one other person! I've been thinking lately of offering to do some volunteer work at the local school and perhaps eventually become a guidance counsellor there or somewhere close by, with some extra training that I could get from some channels in the community. I actually have another calling in life and new ambitions and goals to work towards. It's been so long since I had any....I've been in such a rut for such a long time and I feel really great about all this! I'm really going to make it! I am so happy! Hugs and blessed be, my brothers and sisters in the craft (In light of my experience with Bethany Chapel here, I never thought I'd call anyone that again! It actually used to offend me to see Boniface sign off that way....now it really means something to me and I believe it's true. I finally have a spiritual family that I really feel a part of! ) -=Amethyst=- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Amethyst Area: Metaphysical To: All 29 Sep 94 02:58:40 Subject: Comment from a user Pvt UpdReq * Original Area: WICCA * Original To : All (93:9630/10) * Original Area: PAGANSYS * Original To : All (93:9630/10) > I'm getting the weirdest feeling that you are not > responding with the hope that I'll get off the topic. > OK. Just say so. I can easily be told to mind my own > business and that you care little for debates in such > disciplines. Honesty is much of what I favour in my > contacts. No offense; and none taken, I hope? Well, actually, things have been a little "hairy" around here lately. I haven't been well and last night I almost had a nervous breakdown in the General ER waiting room with my husband holding me and a nurse and 2 cops (who just happened to be there at the time) standing by. I was admitted and should have been able to stay for a while longer, but circumstances with the children and my husband's work hours, our lack of finances and lack of available friends and neighbors to care for them wouldn't permit, so I had to discharge myself on my own liability. but when I realized how close I was to what almost happened, I snapped out of it in a tremendous hurry. I'm not out of the woods yet and I've still got a rocky road (and a lot of hard work) ahead, but in light of the fact that I've been legally married to the same man for 9 years as of Oct 12 this year, and he has loved me and the children enough to see me through all I've been through, (and you don't know the half of it!), I think we are going to work out our troubles and finally get our life back on track and, possibly get back together. So I've finally after all these troubled years had what is known as a breakthrough, and on the edge of a breakdown....how 'bout that?! . I'm about as happy as I've ever been in my life and with the total lack of self esteem I've suffered all my life, this is incredible, but I can finally say that I truly love, appreciate and care for myself! And damnit, slander suit from my mother (that old self-serving, over-proud, denying little bitch!) be damned, I'm going to write one HELL of an insprational autobiography now to help others to have hope who have been abused or been through endless perpetual low grade depressions like me! And I'm going to be fine and have a good life raising my girls and getting my act together....maybe I'll do some voluteer work, eventually teacher-aide and guidance counselling at the local school. Who knows, but the writing is a start and I've been wanting to write about something for a long time now and now I finally have something to write about my life that will ebnd on a positive note! Blessed be (doing cartwheels) -=Amethyst=- Aine MacLir....once known as Colleen Graham, Colleen Crawford and Collen Meikle. I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit who I am any more. If I can get through all I've been through, damnit, I can get through anything life throws at me from here on in!!!!! Damn, I'm happy!!!! love and hugs to all! P.S if I don't answer people for a while, please understand that I'm not being stuck up, I just need some rest and some time to recover. ... If I was ON topic, I wouldn't be ME! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Amethyst Area: Metaphysical To: All 29 Sep 94 02:59:18 Subject: Breakthough & autobiography Pvt UpdReq * Original Area: WICCA * Original To : Paul Seymour (93:9630/10) Hi You'd better sit down and get a hanky, dude, cause this is gonna get to you and make you feel good all over! I really credit your homework assignment, and my inner strength and Wicca with my recent breakthrough. I have decided on what to call my autobiography: A Child Almost Lost: How Wicca and My Inner Spiritual Strength Saved me and my Family from the Destructive Effects of Child Abuse and Mental Illness I don't know where I'm going to start or how it'll turn out or who will publish and publicize it, but I have faith that the Goddess will help me to work it all out for the best for me and all the people who should read it, especially all those "high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou, mucky-muck" Christians who think they've got the true and only right way to salvation and sanity. I have found a calling and I'm going to answer it, because just like this BBS, I think it needs to be said and done. After all, let's face it, Christians have had enough success stories within their ranks to toot their collective horns about. It's we had one of our own! It may prove a lot to them about the fact that people have to find their own path and that salvation means different things to different people. For them it means going to heaven, for me it means getting my life together and living it out positively with my sanity intact and being a good mother and wife (or ex-wife if it turns out that way). I can't begin to tell you and the others here how much I love and appreciate all of you for your love and support (and the occasional scolding to get me to smarten up and grow up....and Richard....please apologize to Tamarra for me for all of the things I have said here lately that have discredited her....I was out of line and wallowing in the bitterness of my past!), you have given me. And above all for your willingness to listen while I spewed and struggled with my inner anxieties these past few months, and made the occasional blunder by putting my foot in my mouth...and no, it didn't taste very good, kinda bitter actually . You have all been wonderful! But this especially for you Paul, for you have helped me more than you may ever know! I wish that I were in Colorado Springs right now so that I could throw my arms around you in appreciation and admiration and give you a great big sloppy kiss...you deserve it, you beautiful man! From one Wiccan to another, I truly love you after all! Love, hugs and blessed be -=Amethyst=- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Amethyst Area: Metaphysical To: All 29 Sep 94 04:45:00 Subject: AIDS scare!!! Pvt UpdReq * Original Area: WICCA * Original To : All (93:9630/10) I am cross-posting this message in several relevant echos to get the word out. I recently heard the most shocking story from my ex-boyfriend that he heard from his new girlfriend and I have to share it with you so that the community can work some Magick for this woman and the man that hurt her, because he needs help too (and believe me, in light of recent events, I truly believe in the power of the Goddess and Magick). I also want people to be aware and be warned to be on the lookout for this guy before he hurts someone else. Thsi woman went down to Jamaica on vacation and she met a man, who she thought was very special and they had a lovely time together, going out places and having what she thought was a beautiful "holiday romance." They had a beautiful physical affair (opbviously she had been convinced to have unprotected sex with this man) and when she was ready to go home, she felt wonderful. Supposedly, the man was from somewhere in the US, possibly Washington. Then when it was time for her to go home, he went to the airport with her to see her off, and he handed her a small package and told her that he had wanted to get something really special, but to not open it until she got home. But she became really anxious and wanted to open it right away, so when she was on the flight home, she did. What she found inside that package was "something special" alright, and something really sickening, too. In the box, she found a black coffin (obviously from some kind of "voodoun novelty store") with a white rose painted on it and the note said "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF AIDS!" I was so shocked to hear of this. I don't know if it's been heard of before, but just the same, remember that not everyone who has unprotected sex with an infected partner contracts the virus and gets full-blown AIDS, so there may be some hope for her if we all work together on it, to the end that she has not contracted the virus and hope for the best outcome. Another thing is that I believe this man had contracted the virus from another woman (who perhaps didn't know she was infected) and has quite obviously, developed some sort of sick, cruel, and resentful bitterness towards women in general and wants to get even with anyone he can get. As far as I'm concerned, he's a very sick and twisted individual who is preying on innocent people and what he's doing, amounts to nothing short of first degree murder! So please work that he will get help and that justice will be done soon so that he cannot hurt another woman. And please help this woman to heal, as I believe that even if she doesn't contract the virus, she will be too traumatized to get close to another man for the rest of her life! No one should have to go through a horrible experience like that! BB -=Amethyst=- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718