From: Albertus Magnus Area: Metaphysical To: All 23 Mar 94 02:02:04 Subject: The Week in Death: March 11-17 UpdReq QUOTE OF THE DAY re: death. ``It is what we must all come to, if we only live long enough.'' -- David Garrick THE WEEK IN DEATH (March 11-March 17) BILLY MANTLE (36), youngest son of MICKEY MANTLE. Died of an apparent heart attack. He was attending a rehab center because he'd become addicted to prescription drugs he had taken while being treated for Hodgkin's disease, a form of cancer that killed his grandfather. He was named after BILLY MARTIN. HARRY KONDOLEON (39), playwright. His most recent plays were ``Half Off'' and ``The House Guest.'' Also wrote the novel ``Diary of a Lost Boy.'' MUZABSHO NAZARSHOYEV (NA), vice premier of Tajikistan. Reported to have been shot and killed in his apartment by unidentified assassins. EVELYN NIGHTINGALE (90), first wife of EVELYN WAUGH. The marriage of He-Evelyn and She-Evelyn (as they were referred to) broke up when the little missus divulged she was having an affair with the man who would become her second husband. She's generally believed to be the inspiration for the adulterous Lady Brenda Last in Waugh's ``A Handful of Dust.'' AURELIA PLATH (87), associate professor. SYLVIA's mother. BUDDY ROSAR (78), athlete. Holds the season record of 117 games without an error by a catcher, in 1946 for the Athletics. The streak extended into the 1947 season, for a total of 147 games without an error. Rosar played behind BILL DICKEY with the Yanks, then moved on to the Indians, A's, and Red Sox. ERIC SHOW (37), athlete. Found dead in bed at the drug rehab center he was staying at. Show helped the Padres win a pennant in 1984, and for his career compiled a 101-89 record. PETE ROSE got the single that broke TY COBB's record for total career hits off of Show. (The Week in Death is by Brian Santo [B.SANTO@genie.geis.com].) ... I wear my heart on my sleeve. I wear my liver on my pant leg. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718