From: Phil Pope Area: Magical Plants To: Cary Robyn 30 Mar 94 04:36:00 Subject: ROM UpdReq Hi Cary, I received the txt files and will pass them onto Rom next time he drops in for mail. I am no longer in the PODS network so we cannot communicate via the Wicca conference. The best means of communication would be for you to ask Tony (the sysop of Baphomet) for FIDOnet netmail access, then you could netmail stuff for Rom to me at my address of 3:620/242 - We will end up off topic here as this conference is for the discussion of Magical Plants. Internet is another alternative once you have an account. I will find out what my correct internet address is and let you know. Take care. Phil 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Mr Bizzaro Area: Magical Plants To: Nacash 16 Oct 93 19:17:00 Subject: PRINTS UpdReq October Spawnings An accurate account By Mr. Bizzaro Getting the other half to drop me off was easy, now to scale the fence and obtain the cover of the nearby woodline. The 4 strand barbed wire was easy to negotiate as I had as a small boy on the farms of southeast Florida. Watching the cars approaching almost a half mile away (the benefits of flat land and surveyor laid-out roadways) I struck for the nearest clump of trees. I was wearing my favourite long-sleeved flannel shirt with a brown patched pattern that was excellent for breaking the profile of almost anything in the woods. My camo baseball cap and faded bluejeans providing the rest of my "cover" gear for this excursion. I was trespassing, for sure and it was harvest season for the leafy growers, which added to the danger of passing through lesser-tended wooded areas. Calling on my hearing to guide me in deep brush and using my eyes to scan in a zigzag pattern I was on my way. I picked up an old branch to use to dispatch those ugly scary fucking banana spiders that always seem to stand sentinel over the prized game....Pscilocybe Cubensis and Panaeolus Subbalteatus. Less than 20 feet into the woodline and to the south side of a pinoak stood a solitary guard on a mound of cow excrement. There, in it's glory,tall (6") and majestic, the 8" saucer on top glowed the yellow/tan colour and expressed the regal purple ring of the sought after prize. I snatched him from his private pedestal and examined his body completely....1 day old, I thought, observing the slightly gray appearance of the gills and noting the crispness of the stalk. Within 30 feet, another and then a gregarious circle of 6 and then other gatherings of the sacred and sought fungi. I was ecstatic.....I hadn't had a day like this since 1976 in South Florida. Cluster after cluster seemed to appear at my feet as I travelled in random patterns, circling, zig-zagging and turning on my own path to confuse any alerted game wardens who may be in the area. Usually, I gather 10-20 on my annual trip to replenish my printstocks with natural specimens...today, it was over 200 of the Cubensis and so many girdled panaeolus that I was kicking them over as I exited the fields. A day to remember. Prolific and blessed by the allies of nature, I left a satisfied and successful man, my containers full....my bounty much more than expected. Texas 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718