From: Wesley Arnold Area: Magical Plants To: Nachash 17 Aug 92 23:28:18 Subject: NOT CALEA ANYMORE... UpdReq > My few experiences with A. nervose have been basically unimpressive. > > I have found the seeds to give me stomach cramps but I think that > may > have been due to not removing all of the strichnine from the seeds > coat.... The experiences are hard to describe and not noteworthy. Namaste! And no kidding! How did you prepare the Woodrose? The way I did it was to crush the seeds and soak them in water (purified to a certain extent...one would have to SEE the tap water in Phoenix to understand :Q) for about four or five hours, until the water turns a golden brown color, sort of like weak tea. Then I strain the infusion once with a good old Mr. Coffee filter, and drink up. I've never really experienced any stomach upset _*while*_ under the influence (and I traditionally have a pretty sensitive stomach), only the next day... > Very interesting.... My only experiments to date have been with > smoking small doses of the leaves. Since these experiments took > place > over 5 years ago, I am a little unclear regarding the results. If I > > remember correctly, the strongest effect was drowsiness and vivid > dreams that I could not recall upon waking. Sounds about right...small doses should have made you "up" for at least a little while, but, of course, the word "small" may not mean the same thing to me as it does to you :)! The dream part...yeah...annoying, isn't it? > I was unaware of that. I have a packet of seeds of that species on > order and will have to keep that in mind. Regarding plants > containing > harmala alkaloids, have you checked out the description of the > various > Acacia species from Australia in the ...otj catalog? I think that's what I saw somewhere...maybe not...I'll have to check it out to make sure... No, I hadn't really paid attention...I'll have to go back...I have a REAL BIG acacia growing in my front yard right now (heheheheh!)...might be interesting! > when it comes to drumming! ;) I considered ordering a batch of the > Calea plant material, but upon reconsidering, decided to order the > seeds and just grow my own. I have some germinating right now as a > matter of fact! I'd like to hear how it turns out...I'm planning on setting some down around Feb. or sometime soon after... > have more information on the process, I hope to experiment with this > > species in the very near future. I also have a very large supply if > viable seed of this species if you would want some... But of course! I'll take ANYTHING you want to give :)! >WA> Next point. Yes, depending upon the plant. It's not something I >WA> would mix with B. Caapi (ayahuasca) or any other such hallucinogen, >WA> but in conjunction with some of the milder narcotic herbs it works >WA> very nicely. > > You sounds as if you have already experimented along these lines ;) > Any other details you would care to share? Not yet...getting up the nerve...and the info on it. Have a lot of good stuff so far, but still a little wary...as far as can be determined, the stuff can REALLY mess you up...even (like a lot of these things) kill you. Damn quick, too. Also have to find a couple people willing to watch over me during the "experiment." For some reason, they're few and far between...:)! > Of the above list, I would be most interested in the Tagetes L. I > have tried to get a batch of N. glauca going but accidently let the > seedlings dry out too much and have not tried again. What other > seeds > do you have? Do you grow all of the above? I would especially like > > to hear your growing technique for the cacti. I grow most of them...Have had the problem with the Nicotianas myself...once they get going, they're impossible to kill, but the first stages are the hardest, both on the plant and the grower! Basically, I use the instructions listed in the ...otj catalogue. They're pretty straightforward and precise. I have 7 T. Peruvianus seedlings coming up right now in their little Tupperware homes. They're SO cute! I also have a 4 foot tall T. Pachanoi, started from a 1 foot cutting in December, and another T. Pachanoi cutting just starting...got it at (can you believe it) Wal-Mart this past weekend! My advice is before you start with seedlings on these, get a cutting of one and root it. That way, you get to learn the idiosyncracies and moods of the plant with a minimum of fuss and bother...they're almost impossible to kill once established, and by starting with a cutting, you can quickly have enough to keep the cactus going and still have some handy for other uses! > A letter will be out to you this weekend! > Sounds good. Look forward to receiving it... 's do bheatha, Wesley Arnold (a.k.a. Albion Moonlight, in other places...) 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Darrin Hyrup Area: Magical Plants To: Nachash 17 Aug 92 20:18:40 Subject: Re: Wormwood extract available UpdReq 93 Nachash, In a message dated 16 Aug 92 21:12:18, Nachash wrote: > DH> First batch is ready now. Tony gets first dibbs on > DH> what I got now, but I'll be making more if I get more > DH> interest (only takes about 8 hours a batch or so.) N> Okay, I might pick some up in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can get N> Tony to give a first-hand account! ;) Sounds fine by me. :) > N> Also, can you please go into as much detail as possible regarding your > N> extraction techniques? > DH> Well, I'd rather not go into the process I'm using to do it, since if I > DH> do, why would anyone want to get it from me when they > DH> could do it themselves? N> Laziness? ;) Seriously, most people would prefer to do it the "easy N> and fast" way instead of taking the time and trouble to "do it N> themselves". Yeah, that's true enough. It does take a certain amount of motivation to get into doing these kinds of things. > DH> I'd rather not go into much > DH> more detail than that... If you know what I'm talking > DH> about, that gives you all the info you need. :) N> 'Nuff said. True, the information of various extraction techniques is N> out there and only takes a little research to find out. Yup. It's not that difficult to figure out once you understand the basic principles. > DH> While I've got you (and everyone else listening) if > DH> there are any other extracts that you are interested in > DH> which I could supply, please let me know (either here, > DH> in netmail, or by snail mail.) And... Tell your > DH> friends! N> There are MANY extracts that I would be interested in, but I am sure N> that you do not have access to the plant material (unless, of course, N> you have a nice size ethnobotanical garden and greenhouse in your N> backyard!). Maybe I can turn you on to some interesting extracts next N> year! ;) Hehe... Sure, let me know what you're interested in, and perhaps something can be arranged. (Depending on how this FDA bill thing goes.) Ya never know, perhaps sources can be located for some of them, and the others grown or otherwise cultivated at another time. 93 93/93. Darrin 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718