From: Darrin Hyrup Area: Magical Plants To: Nachash 14 Aug 92 22:58:40 Subject: Re: Wormwood extract available UpdReq In a message dated 14 Aug 92 03:51:50, Nachash wrote: N> Daryl, Darrin you mean? :) N> 93. 93! DH> I've recently recieved requests for wormwood extract, and DH> decided to invest in making some. N> Interesting! I would defintely be interested in a batch when ready. First batch is ready now. Tony gets first dibbs on what I got now, but I'll be making more if I get more interest (only takes about 8 hours a batch or so.) N> Are you growing the Artesima yourself? No, picked it up at an herbal medicine place in Ashland. Quality AA cut and sifted (no stems, etc.) N> Also, can you please go into as much detail as possible regarding your N> extraction techniques? Well, I'd rather not go into the process I'm using to do it, since if I do, why would anyone want to get it from me when they could do it themselves? Lets just say, that parts of the plant are water soluable (obviously this is the easiest part of the plant material to extract), and others parts are oil based and require special techniques such as binding those elements with a vegatable glycerine, etc. I'd rather not go into much more detail than that... If you know what I'm talking about, that gives you all the info you need. :) While I've got you (and everyone else listening) if there are any other extracts that you are interested in which I could supply, please let me know (either here, in netmail, or by snail mail.) And... Tell your friends! 93 93/93. Darrin 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Chris Replogle Area: Magical Plants To: Mark Ad 14 Aug 92 00:00:00 Subject: Re: PLANTS UpdReq MA-=> >> . . . Have you ever read "garden of eden"? It was the MA-=> >> first book about > herbs that I got my hands on, I've MA-=> >> been interested ever since. It was > written by MA-=> >> Jethro Kloss. MA-=> >> John Rubal MA-=> > MA-=> > No I have not read "Garden of Eden" yet. You are the second MA-=> > person to recommend it to me. I'll have to get it soon. :-) MA-=>Well, I'll be the third to recomend it. My HPS has a copy MA-=>and is always pulling some concoction out of it. :) MA-=>Blessed Be My sister also has this book. She has asthma and was on medication most of the time before she got this book. Now she is always making "teas" and stuff from it and she doesn't take/need the medication that she has been on for years. She does it all naturaly and the herbs don't cost near as much, not to mention little or no side effects compared to Prednosone (sp?) that she was taking. I had a pretty bad cough from from smoking, a cold, post-nasal drip, and a lot of dust in the air. Needles to say, it was kinda hard to breathe. She made me some "medicine" and tea bags, from recipies that she got out of this book, and they really helped a lot! Almost instantly! She tells me that she has looked at a lot of herbal books and this was the best one she found so far. * SLMR 2.1a * Goerge Washington grew Hemp 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Tony Lohrey Area: Magical Plants To: Frc 14 Aug 92 17:18:56 Subject: sound off UpdReq > TL> Yup, Wagga Wagga Australia is copping it here. > Ah! Mayhaps you could enlighten us Yanks as to the > properties of the now infamous Cane Toad. I have seen films > and read various articles telling about its psychoactive > properties....... Hiya Frc, Well, glad you asked! I was raised in Queensland, (that's up the northern end of this little island), where the Cane Toads abound in their millions. They hide under sheets of iron, in drain pipes, in compost heaps, almost anywhere they can find a dark cool pad. If one wanders outside after dark, from late spring, to late summer, one is bound to see ten or more of these fellas romping around in the back yard. They will be either sizing up the dog, or one of the kids. I have seen them weigh in at over a kilo, and to stand eight inches high. They are highly poisonous, and don't have a nice temperament. They have been known to kill dogs, by swimming in their water bowls, leaving poinson behind, and have blinded children by firing poison into the poor littlies eyes. Not nice guys at all. As for their medicinal properties, well, they offer great theraputic value, releiving stress after a hard weeks work. I have hear rumors that the skin, when dried, can be smoked like tobacco, and provides an even more lurid, twisted outlook on life. The way I see it, one should select a number three wood, stand in the normal golfing position, then swing with the equivalent stoke required by a 300 yard fairway, collect the toad at or around the buttocks, launching him/her into orbit, the pleasure will be all yours! :) Copyalater Axl 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718