From: Wesley Arnold Area: Magical Plants To: Nachash 11 Aug 92 15:26:20 Subject: Re: CALEA.... UpdReq > Thank you very much for the lengthy reply regarding your experience > with > Calea z. What do you think of the idea of reducing the Calea water > extract > to a tarry substance and putting it in gelatin capsules? If the > taste is > really as bad as I have heard, then it would be definitely worth a > try... You're very welcome. Always glad to be of service. The idea of evaporating the infusion into the "tar" has occurred to me, but I have as yet not tried it. Chances are, it would work just fine, but I've always been one to use the plant(s) as they are used in their native habitats and so generally have to put up with the more noxious aspects as well as the good ones. >WA> the influence of Calea), but as a whole pretty good (unlike the >WA> morning after with Woodrose or Datura). > > I would love to hear your experiences with both of these! > I'm sure. So would I. Woodrose (Argyreia Nervosa) is best described as a mellow, natural version of LSD. In fact, most of the psychoactive alkaloids in woodrose are actually amides of lysergic acid. The hallucinations are subtle and mainly visual in content, with a little auditory if you happen to be in a VERY quiet location. It tends to effect one's equilibrium to a degree, making it rather hard to walk around. Otherwise, the effects are mostly the same as with LSD, only not quite a bone-crushing. The morning after is characterized by vertigo (often extreme, depending upon the dosage taken), nausea and an all-around feeling of "yuk." Not my favorite narcotic plant, but can be an excellent additive to a vision quest type ritual. Datura....well. Depends on how you imbibe it, and how much. Small doses seem to create an exuberant feeling, quite a high. Not much in the range of hallucinations _per se_, but more of a feeling of expanded awareness of one's surroundings, both physical and nonphysical. The ways I have used it are burning the seeds and inhaling the vapors, or by smoking the leaves themselves, in a dosage or no more (emphasis placed strongly!!!) of two grams at a time, per week! Make sure you have nothing to do the next day or so, as you won't be much good for anything...kind of like a real bad hangover...but worse! The species I have used personally are: Datura Stramonium (Jimson Weed), Brugmansia Sanguinea and Brunfelsia Grandiflora. The last two are actually called "Tree Daturas," but still contain many of the same alkaloids as the true daturas, and B. Sanguinea also has strong measures of N,N-dimethyltryptamine, which unless your are on heart medication (beta-blockers, i.e., Inderal) won't do much for you. To get the effect of this chemical, a MAO inhibitor (any beta-carboline) is needed. A good source of this is Peganum Harmala (Syrian Rue), whose active principles include harmine and harmaline, which inhibit the metabolization of the tryptamines. > > That would be a definite use that I would like to experiment with. > Is your > ability to drum impaired by the action of the plant? No, not really. Calea really hasn't much of a physical effect, so drumming was pretty easy, and in fact, since Calea makes one more aware of their heartbeat, you get an excellent metronome to keep time to! > Have you experimented with Heimia salicifolia? Its basic effect is > said > to be a odd yellow-tinted vision and auditory hallucinations. That > brings > me to another point, do you feel that the effect of Calea z. would > be > synchronistic with other magickal plants? No, I haven't, even though I have it earmarked for my next order from ...otj. Sounds very interesting...what information do you possess/have you firsthand information on about H. Salicifolia? I'd be interested in hearing it. Next point. Yes, depending upon the plant. It's not something I would mix with B. Caapi (ayahuasca) or any other such hallucinogen, but in conjunction with some of the milder narcotic herbs it works very nicely. > Yes, it does. Thanks! Btw, if you would like some Heimia seeds to > try and > grow some, I have a large viable batch and would be morw than happy > to send > you a supply. You bet! I'll take ANYTHING for free, and in fact, I have many, many seeds of varying types that you might be interested in...such as: Trichocereus Pachanoi (San Pedro) Trichocereus Peruvianus (San Pedro with a kick!) Datura Stramonium Atropa Belladonna Nicotiana Rustica N. Glauca N. Attenuata Brugmansia Sanguinea Tagetes Lucida Among others...leave mail back with what you're interested in, along with an address, and I'll send 'em off... My address is 3518 E. Friess Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85032... Be hearing from ya! L8r and Bright Blessings! Wesley Arnold (a.k.a. Albion Moonlight...in other places) 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Wesley Arnold Area: Magical Plants To: Frc 11 Aug 92 15:28:10 Subject: Re: KAVA AND HERSHEYS... UpdReq > WA> makes the torture seem worthwhile...Calea, while a nice > oneirogenic, > WA> is so damn bitter that it makes you wonder (about halfway > through the > WA> cup) if it's really worth it...which of course depends on why > you're > WA> drinking it in the first place... > > Yeah, I found it interesting to add to the lexicon of experiences. > I doubt I'll play with it any further. A lot of things are like that...I'll try almost ANYTHING once, but there aren't that many that get a second chance... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: Magical Plants To: All 11 Aug 92 23:49:40 Subject: herbal freedom UpdReq Greetings, Peace, Health, and Prosperity. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. There is a move in congress backed by the AMA, and several conservative parties sympathetic to the "War on Drugs" to prohibit the use of certain readily available herbs used in herbal medicine. The following letter can be captured and printed simply by hitting the "print screen" button on your computer. It is hoped that some of you will use your voting power and a 29 cent stamp to conserve your right to heal your body naturally. Please feel free to copy this for fols without computers, and please post this message on other echos as well; especially the Magick Plants echo. Love is the law, love under will. Gerald ___________________________ NAME ___________________________ ADDRESS __________________________ CITY, STATE, AND ZIP The Honorable _____________________ United States Senator Washington, DC. 20510 RE: "Health Freedom Act of 1992", S. 2835. Dear Senator ______________________ Senator Hatch, R-Utah, has introduced a new bill, "Health Freedom Act of 1992", S. 2835. As a health conscious consumer, I ask you to co-sponsor this bill and work vigorously for its passage. I want the bill enacted because it will bring about lss restrictive regulations that will allow me grater access to nutritional supplements and information about the benefits they provide. The new law will establish: 1. A broader definition of dietary supplement, to include herbs and other supplemnts. 2. That dietary supplements are NOT drugs. 3. That dietary supplements are NOT food additives. 4. That truthful health information about dietary supplements is permitted. 5. That the FDA has no prior restraint authority on truthful laeling or advertising. Sincerely, _______________________________ ______________ SIGNATURE DATE ***end*** ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Darrin Hyrup Area: Magical Plants To: All 12 Aug 92 01:25:40 Subject: Wormwood extract available UpdReq Greetings folks, I've recently recieved requests for wormwood extract, and decided to invest in making some. To this end, I'm also making it available to any interested parties at the following prices: 16oz for $50.00 8oz for $30.00 4oz for $20.00 (minimum order) All prices include packaging and shipping to addresses within the U.S.A. Please send your cashier's cheque or money order (drawn on U.S. funds) to: Darrin Hyrup 716 E. Jackson St. Medford, OR 97504-6712 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Tony Iannotti Area: Magical Plants To: Darrin Hyrup 12 Aug 92 10:06:58 Subject: Wormwood extract available Sent UpdReq DH> I've recently recieved requests for wormwood DH> extract, and decided to invest in making some. To DH> this end, I'm also making it available to any DH> interested parties at the following prices: Count me in when you get the check. I'd like to get some of the Abramelin I've seen Gerald post all over about as well. Details via Snail. Thanks! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718