From: Loki Area: Magical Plants To: Fra.: Nachash 30 May 92 11:43:26 Subject: Re: What does Mag_plants mean... *** Quoting Fra.: Nachash to Loki *** FN> Greetings Loki, and welcome to Magick Plants! Hi, glad to be here. FN> varied uses and abuses and everything in between. Everything is FN> fair game as long as the discussions are kept within legal realms. This is a point of confusion for me. I, and others, got chastised on the Herbalist echo by Songbird because we had a discussion about hemp. Her point was that marijuana was illegal and therefore anything related to it were not grounds for discussion. I started picking up this echo in the hope that we would be more free to discuss controversial issues without having to censor our thoughts. I am not sure what you mean by legal realms. I have lived believing that talking about illegal things is not in itself an illegal act. Thus far, I have not allowed my users on this base because I grant them total freedom of speech including posting flame messages and using profanity if thats what they choose. They have discussions about many illegal activities including the use of mind altering substances as well as many others. About the only thing I have to censor are things that put the BBS in direct violation of the law such as the posting of peoples credit card numbers or telephone phreaking codes. The users understand this need and don't (usually) have a problem with it. I feel that if I were to go further than that in determining what they will be allowed to say that it would interfere with their ability to express themselves and the thoughts expressed would not be legitimate reflections of what they feel. With this philosophy in mind, and knowing that I may not be very responsive when the issue of policing my users comes up, should I allow my users on this echo or are such unrestrained conversations better restricted to the subterranean realm? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Loki Area: Magical Plants To: Fra.: Nachash 30 May 92 12:31:50 Subject: Re: What does Mag_plants mean... *** Quoting Fra.: Nachash to Loki *** FN> So Loki, what are your experiences with magickal plants? I've used various substances, both legal and illegal, for about 15 years to achieve various results. Mainly what I have gained is a more omniscient perception of the reality that surrounds me. I feel that no one person can perceive the sum of reality by themselves, but that by experiencing it from many perspectives, they can gain a somewhat better understanding of the realities that are perceived by others. I feel that much of the tension that exists in the world today result from people living their entire lives within mutually exclusive realities. I feel that many plants, through their psychoactive properties, enhance a persons ability to 'step outside' of their fabrications of what they perceive their reality to be and enhance their ability to successfully communicate with those who may experience a different reality. We have fundies, and ethnocentrics, and patriots, and others, complete with their own political, theological, philosophical, etc. views of reality that are complete within themselves with no room for expansion. I feel that any plant that helps us communicate across these barriers and increases the extent of our perceived universe, contains magickal properties and should be considered as one of many alternatives to those seeking a better rapport with the universe. There are many paths to enlightenment each encompassing its own blend of magick. The worlds many religions, addictions, philosophies, crafts, etc. all seek the same result, to be at ease with yourself and as one with the universe. Magickal substances comprise just one of these paths, and are not meant as an all encompassing trip through reality. They are merely a psychological tool, a type of expressway, that get you from one part of the galaxy to the other very quickly. But you cannot see the entire country by staying on the turnpike and watching it fly by in phantasmagoric style, so you also need to explore some of the more mundane avenues. I just watched a bunch of bullshit fly out of my fingers and forgot what I was talking about so I better go back and see what the question was. FN> So Loki, what are your experiences with magickal plants? Oh well, I guess it kinda relates to the question. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: SilverWolf Area: Magical Plants To: Starwyn 29 May 92 20:27:02 Subject: hmmm.. Hello Starwyn! 06 May 92, Starwyn writes to All: S> If anyone see's this, PLEASE respond, so I'll know if it's getting out and S> reaching anyone. Well, it's alittle late but you made it here....}:> 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michele' D'Adamo Area: Magical Plants To: All 29 May 92 12:40:50 Subject: TESTING Testing the echo connection after crash. and to say HI! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718