From: Shabaa Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 28 Jan 97 20:35:04 Subject: Re: Worlock? UpdReq > On Jan 24 12:55 97, Shabaa of 93:9180/14 wrote: >>> S> I was not aware that was the ONLY standard by which one could be >>> considered such.... >>> In practice, it kind of is. I can see why you're using it to > designate >>> yourself as a "Dark Witch". But, the problem is that that use of the >>> word is straight from Hollywood, and thus not respected by most >>> practitioners. Perhaps it works for you, but be prepaired for the >>> communication problems it will cause on the Nets and in Pagan >>> communities. > S> So far it does but it DOES lead to the kind of confusion we had, what > S> definition(s) would you propose to correct the misunderstandings? > Most people I know (myself included) don't tend to like labeling > ourselves as "Dark" or "Light" at all- since balance is always the true > focus. However, it seems for the most part we will call ourselves simply > "Dark Pagan" to illustrate the point. I would totally avoid the term > "Black" as that indicates a harmful intent- which has nothing to do with > Dark. > Frankly, I wear lables like I do hats. If I'm speaking to others into > the "Dark" side of things, I'm a Dark Pagan and Demonologist. In other > cases I'm a Ceremonial Magickian (or Wizard), an Angelologist, a Wiccan > Priest, a Discordian, a Goth, a Hebraic Pagan, a History buff, an > Enochian scholar and Mage, a practitioner of Egyptian Magick, a > practicioner of Babylonian Magick, a practitioner of Golden Dawn Magick, > a practitioner of Grimoiric Magick, etc, etc. Very accurately put in my opinion (Which{witch} counts for little these days<>) Thanks for the suggestions and no, most persons that know me actually know that I am not as "bad" or maybe as "good" as I might seem here. Hmmmm then again.... hehe > All of them are true. None of them are all-inclusive. No lable should > be. I agree VERY seldom can you define ANYTHING mankind has something to do with, with a single definition :-) Shabaa 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Shabaa Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 28 Jan 97 20:39:44 Subject: Re: Worlock? UpdReq > On Jan 24 13:06 97, Shabaa of 93:9180/14 wrote: >>> S> Not broadly enough I'm afraid.... Finding Wiccans is easy but > finding >>> darker sided ones is nearly impossible.... >>> Congradulations. You've found one. Hello. ;) > S> Incredible!!! Hello and THANK you for coming out from the shadows!!!! > You're lucky. I kind of like it in here, so I tend not to come out. > :):):) Just kidding. :) Really? hehe >>> If you are drawn to Dark Symolism, you probably get tired of all the >>> sweetness and light put forth by most Wiccans you'll meet. But, that > is > S> Absolutely! Not that I'm against sweetness... it has it time and place > as do > S> ALL things :-) But not ALL the time in ALL situations :-) > ;) >>> not what Wicca is all about. There is both a Crone Goddess, and a > Dark >>> Lord of the Waning Sun- neither of whom are ANYTHING like sweetness > and >>> light. I've even heard rumours that Gardnerian Wicca contains an >>> Oath-bound Mystery of the Fourth Face of the Goddess- that of the Dark >>> Moon. > S> You have my undevided attention > Sir. ;) As for the "fourth face"- I'm not Gardnerian, so I can't > comment on if it even exists. I will know soon, though (as I will soon > be Initiated Gardnerian). Congrats or Condolances take your preference!<> >>> Blessed Be, may The Lord and Lady guide and keep thee, > S> Let us hope SOMETHING does before I destroy time!<> > Heh heh heh :) Kinda liked THAT one myself! > Blessed Be. Returned proportionately. Shabaa 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Shabaa Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 28 Jan 97 20:41:54 Subject: Re: Worlock? UpdReq > On Jan 24 13:10 97, Shabaa of 93:9180/14 wrote: >>> :) Like I said, if you choose to use the term to describe yourself, >>> you'll want to learn how to duck and cover. Hey, some people get off > on >>> that kind of thing. :) > S> You sound either prior service or current or law enforcement of some > S> type!<> I HAVE learned to duck and shuck very well.... > Actually, I was just a nerd in school. Duck and cover was a way of life. > :):):) Depended who was around in my case. >>> respects they aren't. But, for communication you need them- so you > have >>> to struggle thorugh them to find out what's what. > S> Thank you.... you nailed it..... > Again? I'm always nailing things- usually to the wall. :) hehe.... you missed the wall this time and hit the answer to a question instead! It happens :-) >>> The kooks who think their all dark and evil and call themselves > Warlocks >>> come with a particular attitude that you lack. ;) > S> I'll take that as a compliment :-) > Maybe...... heh heh heh.... :) <> Shabaa 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718